Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDMA, Computers and Glaucoma

The_Great_Refusal

Bluelighter
I read in the paper today that a mass study in the UK showed people who work with a computer screen daily have a very high rate of possible glaucoma (irreversable blindness). 2/3 of people had symptoms.

Tonight I read that MDMA and glaucoma is a very bad mix....

Im a multimedia student and this news kinda worries me.

Comments?

The majority of the people in the study would have been using CRT monitors. If it is in fact the monitor which is the cause of this then switching to an LCD might be beneficial in reducing this risk.

I've almost spent every day (on a weird average) in front of a computer for 25 years. Either for work and/or for gaming/passing time. So far my eyesight is still 20/20. How long were the people working with a computer screen for in the study?

Did they check to see if the glacucoma was at all? (any links would be fantastic for this article)

Was this article the same one? > http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20041116/HGLAUCOMA16/TPHealth/

the article was in a non online newspaper, but that link is a very similar article yes. Ironically the day after I posted this my mother was rushed to hospital for possible glaucoma...strange.

Get an LCD monitor, for sure. The newer ones are viewable up to 60+ degrees, and have very quick response times (mine is 12ms).

They emit only visible light, and they never flicker (big problem for me with CRTs, I always see them flickering and it hurts my eyes).

Would the social forum be better for this one (if it will be predominantly computer/glaucoma), or will the discussion here focus on the MDMA aspect of the topic?

BigTrancer :)