• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA & Cocaine Brain Zaps Pls Help

glorygut

Greenlighter
On NYE I took 150mg-250mg of MDMA and mixed many of the lines with cocaine. I began rolling uncomfortably hard early in the night, so I stopped taking any molly and stuck to coke for the rest of the night. (I should also mention I did maybe 50-100mg of MDMA a few days prior). I was fine the next couple of days, but starting on Jan 3 I experienced intense vertigo, brain zaps, terrible shivers, cold sweats, nausea and loss of appetite. It is now 3 weeks later and I have my appetite back, and my vertigo has reduced considerably, but I continue to have strong, constant brain zaps & twitching that extends from my brain to my eyes, ears, fingers, and feet. I have high anxiety and heart rate around 90-100bpm, with some waves of vertigo. I have been working hard to eat super healthy, and exercise consistently but it really seems my recovery has halted and that the brain zaps are not subsiding, and concentrating in school is difficult. I've barely gotten any sleep all month, so I was prescribed 0.5mg Lorazepam which really seems to help, although I only have 16 small doses, I do worry benzo withdrawals may contribute to my brain zaps later on. I have been fully sober since Dec 31, avoiding even weed and alcohol (except for the occasional Lorazepam).

Will I recover? And will these brain zaps go away? because they seem so constant. Is taking a small dose benzo as described above effective (and safe) for overcoming these symptoms? Will I ever be able to enjoy weed again, because it seems to worsen my symptoms atm (anxiety & zaps).

Last edited:
Did you test the MDMA to confirm what it was?
We did not test the MDMA, although it came from the same person I always buy from (4ish times in the last 3 years), and what I experienced was pretty much a typical strong MDMA high, 4 other people did the exact same amounts (or more) than I did and are completely fine. My extremities have recently begun feeling very tingly and sometimes numb...I have an appointment with a neurologist because the amounts I consumed and the strength/duration of my symptoms don't seem to add up to me, but part of me still believes it is substance-related.

Weird...I haven't ever heard of something like this happening before. Though not a lot of people combine MDMA and cocaine....seems like a waste of both, to be honest.

Deffo sounds like some weird nerve damage. Hope you get it sorted out....seeing a neurologist is a very good call.

Brain zaps are a very common symptom of either stimulant overuse or stimulant misuse. I think your case is one of stimulant misuse. You should never combine MDMA and cocaine as they cancel each other out and more than that, I have encountered heaps of stories of people suffering side-effects because of this combination, of which heart palpitations and brain zaps are the most common. Good news is this is not permanent, you have not done real damage, it will pass with time. You can go to a neurologist to ease your mind but he or she will not find anything amiss, as with almost all cases like this

Don't worry, I have had those brain zaps myself multiple times already, and while they are scary they are not serious. They are also encountered for instance when quitting an SSRI antidepressant after being on them for a long time. Look for 'SSRI discontinuation syndrome' and you will encounter descriptions of them

Brain zaps are a very common symptom of either stimulant overuse or stimulant misuse. I think your case is one of stimulant misuse. You should never combine MDMA and cocaine as they cancel each other out and more than that, I have encountered heaps of stories of people suffering side-effects because of this combination, of which heart palpitations and brain zaps are the most common. Good news is this is not permanent, you have not done real damage, it will pass with time. You can go to a neurologist to ease your mind but he or she will not find anything amiss, as with almost all cases like this

Don't worry, I have had those brain zaps myself multiple times already, and while they are scary they are not serious. They are also encountered for instance when quitting an SSRI antidepressant after being on them for a long time. Look for 'SSRI discontinuation syndrome' and you will encounter descriptions of them
Thanks, yes I’ve read multiple places that the combination makes the comedown longer and the brainzaps worse (was a vey stupid combo fosho) I’ve read all about discontinuation syndrome and it describes exactly what I’m experiencing. It eases my mind just to hear you say the zaps & palpitations are not permanent, so I really appreciate the feedback.

Weird...I haven't ever heard of something like this happening before. Though not a lot of people combine MDMA and cocaine....seems like a waste of both, to be honest.

Deffo sounds like some weird nerve damage. Hope you get it sorted out....seeing a neurologist is a very good call.

check the LTC thread]. This is actually fairly common from MDMA use, it's a sever anxiety disorder triggered from the MDMA.

its not nerve damage, and it doesnt need a neurologist. its just anxiety. simple therapy will fix it.

Yes you will recover. you shocked your body pretty fucking badly and you will probably have to recover for quite a few months, maybe even a few years.

consider this a warning from the universe, your drug use and fucked up habits have triggered an anxiety disorder. Spend time learning how to deal with anxiety and avoid fucking yourself up further with bad choices.

drug use triggered a severe anxiety disorder for you. spend 6-24 months recovering and you'll be fine.'

and i dont want to hear any god damn crying, you enjoyed the drugs, now enjoy your god damn recovery.