Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDMA and Contact Lenses

pill_jockey

Bluelighter
I just got contact lenses today and was curious whether other people who have contact lenses wear them whilst on MDMA. Do they dry out more or is it still the same. My vision isn't terrible so it isn't necessary for me too wear them, just looking for some hints, tips or suggestions. Thanx

I am a contact lense user and I have no problems with them while On MDMA.

The only problem I get with them sometimes is if you are consumming MDMA in a club the smoke from inside the club tenders to irrate them coupled with lack of sleep, especially if you are on a long bender

You See people at nearly every party who will wear those freaky contact lens, cat eyes, satan eyes etc I think they look pretty good and these people seem to wear them all night so i doubt they'd have many issues with them considering they can pay up to $100 for them. Personally i wouldn't pay $$ for something that is uncomfortable so i doubt they do :)

I wear contact lenses and used to be a bit hesitant about wearing them on MDMA, not due to them getting dryed out but more due to eye wobbles and eys rolling back into my head. Getting a contact lense stuck up the top of your eye and then having to have a nurse prod your eye with a cue tip is not much fun, but this ownly happened to me when drunk. Hazards like this are part of wearing contact lenses but I'm yet to have any probs on MDMA with them, maybe just get used to puttin them in and taking them out when sober so you can do it quickly if you need to take them out when peaking. Also be careful when taking them out at the end of the night if your pupils are huge don't want to damage your eye, although it does feel good to touch your eye on pills!

psy_taco said:
Getting a contact lense stuck up the top of your eye and then having to have a nurse prod your eye with a cue tip is not much fun. .

..although it does feel good to touch your eye on pills!
Double OUCH!

IME it's always a good idea to carry some little snap-packs of saline with you, just in case. I don't wear contacts myself but I know my friends have complained of their contact lenses sticking in a nightclub environment, due to the dryness of airconditioned air combined with smoke in the ambient environment.

Although I have to say, meth seems to cause dry eyes more than MDMA. A lot of my mates don't bother wearing contacts when on meth, as they'll know it will end in tears :)

Get the snap packs drops - they work a treat and fit in your pocket no dramas - I find it is smokey rooms not pills that dry your eyes so should be no worries

I dont wear contacts, but a good mate of mine does. He wears them fine on pills, speed, acid, ketamine; the works. HOWEVER. Sometimes he forgets to take them out afterwards and he gets a nasty fuck off eye infection. Looks quite painful to be honest.

Worn all different types of contacts out over hundreds of nights on pills and speed, never really had any major problems. Drying out is a possibility, but to be honest, most of the time, once the pills kick in, I don't notice the dryness/itchyness I'd normally feel after wearing them so long.

Also found that the contacts I wear adapt well to massively dilated pupils.

I'd say the biggest danger is forgetting to take them out, which is okay for me because I have the Purevision 30-day ones :)

I have contacts and have no difficulty with them at all. If you leave the case where you're sleeping, you will remember to take them out.
I find I can wear my lenses longer than usual when I'm on pills.

You said you were concerned about eye wiggles with your contacts.

I have experienced dramatically reduced eye wiggles while wearing contacts, and I got curious.. I'll spend a bit of time searching for a link later, but as it turns out, contacts are one (somewhat successful) way of treating eye wiggles which can occur in some people constantly (albinos?) - apparantly the use of contacts increases feedback of the eyeball position and helps to stabilise it (sorry - hazy memory dulled by time. Will look for a link!).

I would recommend you take lubricating eye drops out with you, use them if you notice irritation, and also make sure you use them before you take your contacts out/before you sleep if they're night/day lenses.

Personally I haven't had any problems with disposable contact lenses & MDMA. Eye wiggles still happen, a lot sometimes ;) If you get the tiniest bit dehydrated though, they can feel horrid, particularly if the lenses are wearing out.

BigTrancer :)

I wear contacts only on occasion but they've always been fine. Just take all your solution and eveything with you in case.

Only time I've had trouble was when the lenses were pretty much ready to be thrown out and were irritating anyway. Any little piece of dust, wind (someone tried to blow Vicks into my eyes, I almost screamed) I'd be like "Ahhh damn contacts!"