Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

MDMA/5-MAPB - Experienced - Combo Trip Report

one4truth

Greenlighter
Long time lurker, first time posting.
I thought I would share my experience with mixing the two last night. I have several individual sessions with the peebs (HCL) under my belt, and an extensive history with mdma over the past 25 years. My first time experimenting with peebs was 75mg oral, and my typical mdma dose is in the 120-200 range, depending on the purpose and setting.
last night I plugged 40mg 5-mapb, and set a timer for 30 minutes to plug 110 mg mdma (+++). Surprisingly, within 15 minutes I was feeling the peebs more than I had with the 75mg taken orally. Since it felt like I was already up, I plugged the mdma diluted in .5ml distilled water. Within 10 minutes I was peaking pretty hard, honestly more than I would have liked. On the one hand it was enjoyable. I like the closed eyes sedated feeling with the peebs and the M definitely added to that. But it was a little over stimulating at times which I never really experienced with the two individually. Another thing I noticed was that I could slip in and out of feeling anxious throughout the roll. Again, when taken individually, particularly with the M, it is nearly impossible for me to get stuck in my head thinking I wish I could turn it off. It was not overwhelming to the point where I was hating it but it was uncomfortable at times, mostly during the peak. I should note, this was my first time attempting a rectal ROA. I have some digestive issues, and while I did not feel any nausea whatsoever, I think I prefer the gradual onset over the almost immediate peak that came from plugging.
additionally, it felt like the two were wrestling each other at times throughout the night. For example, feeling the desire to lay down on a fuzzy blanket, light some incense and just zone out, but then feeling fidgety and awkward if I wasn’t up and moving around. That cycle repeated itself throughout the night but not in the fun “I want to experience everything” feeling I get from the M by itself.
Im not sure if it was the quick intensity that made me paranoid, or if it was more taxing on my heart but I did notice myself feeling my chest in the first hour or so because it was so intense.
Finally, Ive seen several people say the combo was more predictable and consistent. Personally, it was the opposite for me. Typically I stock up and have vials labeled where I’m can predict the flow of the night and what kind of vibe we’ll have. With the combo, I started at 5:30, was laying in bed by 10:30, took .25mg of Xanax, and fell asleep around midnight. Around 2:30 I woke up to a stimulating wave of rolliness. This lasted about 15-20 minutes or so but then I was up until around 4am.
Perhaps the issues and uncomfortable feelings were more pronounced because this was a solo night? I would consider myself a responsible user. Aside from weed and beer, I only use entactogens 3-4 times a year and maybe 2cb 1-2 a year. So I doubt any of the issues came from past use or frequency of use. Im interested in hearing some insight/feedback. I should add, it’s 3pm the following day now and I feel next to no residual effects from the previous night, which is typical, in my experience, with peebs. M by itself on the other hand, I am usually on the couch just lounging all day. That is definitely one of the benefits of the combo. Perhaps I simply need to lower the M dose, or wait longer for the peebs to kick in before the dose of M.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_mdma
substancecode_empathogens
substancecode_5mapb
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Peebs? I don't think I've ever heard 5-mapb referred to that way before. Is it something you came up with, a local thing, or something you've seen on the internet?

Thanks for the report.

Peebs? I don't think I've ever heard 5-mapb referred to that way before. Is it something you came up with, a local thing, or something you've seen on the internet?

Thanks for the report.
Honestly, I have always simply referred to it as 5mapb. I saw the peebs term used on the mega thread here, and in another mdma/5-mapb combo thread. I guess I was trying to fit in with my first post and missed the boat some :).

Nice report! Thanks! My first experience with 5mapb i did a combo with 150mg 5mapb and 150mg 5apb. Im a hardhead with rolls so i figured that would be ok. It felt weird. I know I was fucked up but it wasn't magical. I took several weeks of from SSRI's but don't think that was long enough. I ended up consuming a whole gram of each 5apb and 5mapb in 24 hrs. It was kinda like rolling but different. Ive definitely done over a gram MDMA in 24 hrs before but not two.