Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mayor 4 Lethal Injection Drug Users

Oceanboy

Bluelighter
Mayor 4 Lethal Injection Of Drug Users

This is from winter 04 but I thought you might want to know, if it has not already been raised here; PLUR,O.

Mayor Calls for Lethal Injection for
Drug Users

The controversial Port Lincoln Mayor Peter Davies
has called for drug addicts to be given lethal
injection to cut rising illicit drug use on SA’s Eyre
Peninsula.
Mayor Davies says the use of intravenous drugs has
also risen since the introduction of a local needle
exchange program.
“I don’t have a problem with the free needle exchange
but the drug addict who wants to obtain a needle
should be given a lethal injection,” he said.
“You want the trip of your life, in fact the last trip of
your life? Not a problem, come on in and we’ll deal
with you,” Mayor Peter Davies said.

Last edited:
The only person who deserves lethal injection is that mayor 8)

What a tool, singleing out drug users like that. There are far worse crimes (murder, child molesterers) yet he doesnt mention anything bout those kinds of people getting lethal injection. Not that I really think anyone deserves death as a punishment, but death for doing something that makes the person feel good about themselves? This mayor is a fucking tradegy.

Some poeple. The ignorance and brainwashing slander that is produced from some of these power figures is unbelievable. Like peaked says, how about we concentrate on more important issues that are at hand. These tpyes of people need to be helped not exterminated.

Well he did say that children of interracial couplings are "mongrels".

what a nut bag - how could anyone give you vote to someone who can come up with such a stupid & ignorant comment

I hate angry people like that. So miserable with themslves then they get given power....NOT a good thing!!

It's not right but I can see his point. It would fix the 'problem'. :)

Mayor calls for lethal injection for drug users

Tuesday, 30 September 2003

Controversial Port Lincoln Mayor Peter Davis has called for drug addicts to be given a lethal injection to cut rising illicit drug use on South Australia's Eyre Peninsula.

Police statistics show the rate of amphetamine and marijuana use among teenagers in the region is increasing alarmingly.

Cr Davis says the use of intravenous drugs has also risen since the introduction of a local needle exchange program.

He says there should be less tolerance to both drug users and traffickers.

"I don't have a problem with the free needle exchange but the drug addict who wants to exchange a needle should be given a lethal injection," he said.

"You want the trip of your life, in fact the last trip of your life? Not a problem, come on in and we'll deal with you."

The Drug And Alcohol Council of South Australia rejects the claim its needle exchange program is to blame for a rise in drug use in the town.

The council's director of treatment and rehabilitation services Jason White says mayor Davis' claims are inflammatory and will only worsen the situation.

"Comments like these will only antagonise drug users and likely drive them away from health services. That's a negative for the users but also the whole community because we need people to co-operate to reduce the problems associated with drug use."

(source)

In the future, Oceanboy, could you please cite a source when posting articles? Thank you.

notneo said:
It's not right but I can see his point. It would fix the 'problem'. :)

I really doubt that it would. There have been a vast amount of drug related executions in Indonesia and yet it doesn't seem to have done anything to deter drug users/smugglers. If someone wants to use drugs, they will use drugs. Theres no point trying to pretend its not going to happen, because it always will, and nothing, not even 'prohibition', will stop this.