• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe May I possibly not withdraw?

ohSticky

Greenlighter
Okay so I had previously (before getting on Suboxone maintenance) been doing heroin and other potent opiates for about a year every day, and on the occasion I would do Suboxone to take away my WDS (my withdraw from opiates was the worst experience of my life). I have now been on Sub maintenance for 2 weeks now (taking 4mg-8mg a day as needed) and I have read so many horror stories about how bad the WD is from Suboxone and I got extremely terrified by that and stopped taking my subs dead in my tracks. I now haven't taken them for 2 days (53 hrs to be exact) and I have yet to feel any sort of WD symptoms. Is there a possibility that my body has not formed a dependency to Suboxone and that I may not withdraw from it if I never take it again? What do you guys think? Am I in the clear, and out the woods? Thank you for any answers, and if you need any more information on my use I would be glad to provide it so I can get a solid answer!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

You will have opiate withdrawals once the sub clears your system which will take 72- 120 hours. They wont be full blown month long sub withdrawals though I don't think. Most likely you will have the normal 1 week short acting opiate withdrawal. You shouldn't let the fear of withdrawal scare you away from sub maintenance though if you truly need it. When you rebuild your life and are ready to get off a long slow taper followed by comfort meds can really minimize the withdrawal pretty well. But if you can stay off opiates without suboxone then maybe getting off now is the answer.

You will have opiate withdrawals once the sub clears your system which will take 72- 120 hours. They wont be full blown month long sub withdrawals though I don't think. Most likely you will have the normal 1 week short acting opiate withdrawal. You shouldn't let the fear of withdrawal scare you away from sub maintenance though if you truly need it. When you rebuild your life and are ready to get off a long slow taper followed by comfort meds can really minimize the withdrawal pretty well. But if you can stay off opiates without suboxone then maybe getting off now is the answer.

What do you think my WDs will be like once the sub clears out?

What dose of suboxone did you quit at? if you quickly taper down to 0.25-0.5mg/day, it's pretty minimal, especially since you've only done dope for a year ya know. A few days of restlessness, muscle aches, and insomnia at worst. I'd recommend this. And a weeklong diet of benzos/cannabis/gabapentin.