• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

May be against the guidelines, but where can you buy clean needles in Queensland

Chubba75

Bluelighter
If this is against the rules, someone say and I will delete the thread, but in the interest of harm-reduction I was wondering where I would go to buy clean sterile syringes.

I've been in contact with a few needle exchanges, but most are very far away, and to be honest I don't feel entirely comfortable going there. Can you buy needles/supplies at pharmacies or hospitals?

Don't flame please.

i dont use needles.. but used to run a medical waste service. you should find that most chemists will have needles for sale for diabetic use.

Thanks a lot :) I've been to a needle exchange before, and it personally creeps me out a bit... junkies and stuff everywhere. Obviously I got nothing against IV users, but I would rather go to a chemist then have to wait in line with a bunch of homeless IV users to get a fit.

Do they sell other supplies, like saline solution/alcohol swabs?

Pretty sure they sell packs, forgot what they are called though, someone else will know.

How do I ask for it? Do I ask for insulin needles? or can I be blunt and just ask for syringes/packs?

Needles come in different gauges etc. and i would advise you to read up on the actual hardware before you start asking for them. Call up any kind of needle user group and they will advise you where to get them.

If you ask a chemist for a "sharps pack" and they have them you will get a pack of 5 needles 5 cleaning swabs 1 small bottle of clean water and cotton.

Cheers

Can I just ask that if you are not familiar with what you are doing and just plan on doing some experimentation, that you read up about it at the very least.
From what I understand, which is admittedly very little, sticking needles in you containing anything, even water, can be extremely dangerous if not done correctly.

Please can someone who knows more about this stuff help this person and maybe point them in the right direction cos it really sounds like they are just experimenting and could be in big trouble if not careful.

Im not flaming you bro, Im happy for u to experiment, I just want u to do it as safely as is humanly possible thats all.

Cheers

I'm as ready as I'll ever get. I've read just about everything there is to know about safe injecting, and I've witnessed many people do it (correctly).

I found a needle exchange very close to me, that gives you all the supplies, bar cottons and sterile water/saline.

The substances I'll be using is Methamphetamine, and Amphetamine Sulphate (granted I can get some that isn't so damn cut).

There is no way I would inject something into my arm without knowing the proper technique, and knowing all I can about the drugs I am injecting. I'm still clarifying a few things, but after that I will be very well versed before I take the plunge.

Can you buy sterile water from the chemist? How much do these "sharp packs" cost?

Sweet, well Im glad to see ur intelligent bro. Seriously, I wasnt havin a go, just worried i guess..........yeah I no, Im dumb, worryin about someone I have never even met.....lol...its just me.

I think you will find that distilled water may be sterile but im not sure.

I am however pretty sure that you can sterilise any water by boiling it for at least ten minutes.

lol...........I would do it for about 20 or so to be sure but.

Hey would you post your experiences in trip reports and maybe post in here when u do so we notice it...........good luck and hope u get what ur lookin for.

Yeah I think distilled water is sterile too, or I've heard about people using it as a safe solution.

It'll probably be 2 weeks till I actually IV for the first time, and it will probably be with Meth because the crystal we get is of very high purity.

Thanks for everyones help :)

Becareful mate, once you tired IV meth/speed, some people just don't look back. And I have meet some users that they never wished "experiementing with IV'ing products" in the first place, they just got so addicted to it, but I am not flaming you, just goodluck and becareful.

Take easy.....

My advice is to not use anything not intended for the purpose.

Off the shelf distilled water is not intended for IV use. Please avoid any substitutes and go for only that which is free of possible bacteria and chemical contaminants. Distilled water, like anything else, is only as good as the way it's processed and packaged.

phase_dancer, what do you recommend for Methamphetamine? I heard some drugs won't break down in Saline solution... if it did, I would most likely buy a little bottle of that. Can I just buy a little bottle of Saline at the chemist? Without getting it in a "sharp pack"?

I know the danger of IV'ing Meth, but if nobody wanted to take risks, we should all just sit in our rooms all day, twiddling our thumbs :D I'm planning to take it as slow and as safe as possible.

man why buy them when u can get them for free. it only take like 10 seconds the lines never long when I go

speedy, I did find a local exchange that is in a very nice area, and extremely close. I got 15 syringes (I asked for 3, they insisted I take 30) and a couple of dozen alcohol swabs and cottons. Again, the strange thing is they don't supply water/saline, so I must buy that from the chemist.

I swear, they had 100,000's of fits at this exchange, some people grab like 100 at a time. It's run by really nice people, and the people I met in the lines were only recreational users.

The one question about the Saline/Sterile water, where can I buy it? Can I buy it seperate (instead of in a "sharps pack") and does Meth dissolve in Saline?

Once those few are answered, I'm all set :D Bluelight rocks!

Yeah, you'll be able to buy saline at all chemists with no questions asked. At most chemists, along with selling the big bottles of saline, they will have small (5mL and 10mL) plastic ampules of the stuff. While these are certainly not a necessity, the bottles are perfectly safe, if you are going to only be doing this once in a while you may want to get these so you dont have to use saline that has been sitting around for a while with an open seal. Plus they also look a whole lot more stylish and professional ;)

Have fun!

Last I saw, the Saline that you get for things like contact lenses say on the bottle "not for injecting". I don't know much about this sort of thing so I don't know if that's just something they write, or if it's actually important advice. But I thought I'd mention it anyway on the off chance that someone else knows what I'm talking about! :)

Chubba, needle exchanges charge 50c for 10 mL injection water in a small plastic ampoule type thing. Ask for it. Apparently the government will not subsidise IV water, unlike they do with fits and swabs.

Pleonastic said:
Last I saw, the Saline that you get for things like contact lenses say on the bottle "not for injecting".

I imagine it's again rated to the quality of plastic used in the container. That being used to house an injectable liquid would be expected to be more expensive even if it was the same plastic. The cost probably being reflected in sanitation or packaging requirements.

Saline ampules for eye use are common place. It it's fit to go in your eye, I've no doubt it would serve perfectly for IV use.