• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Maximum strength for a shot?

LotusExige

Bluelighter
Not sure if this is a dumb question, I did a bunch of searching and didn't find anything. When making a heroin shot, from either BTH or powder, is there a maximum amount that can be mixed with the water? Say you took 1/4G of powder and mixed vs. 1/2G of powder mixed with water, would those maybe be the same strength as only so much can be effective per 100ml of water? BTW the amounts I stated are only for an example, I've never made a shot THAT big and am not sure you could it would probably be so thick.

I ask as it seem that when I decide to make a bigger shot than normal I'm not sure it makes any difference in effect. I seem to remember reading that when making a dilaudid/hydromorphone shot there was a limit to how much could be absorbed into the water, anything more and you're just wasting it.

Does that make sense and if that's true what is the limit? It's not that I want to make stronger shots, I just want to make sure that I'm not wasting stuff by making shots too big. I have a fairly high tolerance as I've IVing dilaudid/hydromorphone for about a year with shots ranging from 8-16mg (I get the 8mg pills). I've never gotten a rush from heroin and only do from dilaudid if I take a break for a while or am in the beginning stages of withdrawal. Then I'll get a rush for the next 12-16 hours then back to no rush. The most I can do is get a very nice nod.

Thanks for any thoughts and if this is in the wrong place my apologies.

~L

Not sure if this is a dumb question, I did a bunch of searching and didn't find anything. When making a heroin shot, from either BTH or powder, is there a maximum amount that can be mixed with the water? Say you took 1/4G of powder and mixed vs. 1/2G of powder mixed with water, would those maybe be the same strength as only so much can be effective per 100ml of water? BTW the amounts I stated are only for an example, I've never made a shot THAT big and am not sure you could it would probably be so thick.

I ask as it seem that when I decide to make a bigger shot than normal I'm not sure it makes any difference in effect. I seem to remember reading that when making a dilaudid/hydromorphone shot there was a limit to how much could be absorbed into the water, anything more and you're just wasting it.

Does that make sense and if that's true what is the limit? It's not that I want to make stronger shots, I just want to make sure that I'm not wasting stuff by making shots too big. I have a fairly high tolerance as I've IVing dilaudid/hydromorphone for about a year with shots ranging from 8-16mg (I get the 8mg pills). I've never gotten a rush from heroin and only do from dilaudid if I take a break for a while or am in the beginning stages of withdrawal. Then I'll get a rush for the next 12-16 hours then back to no rush. The most I can do is get a very nice nod.

Thanks for any thoughts and if this is in the wrong place my apologies.

~L
They'd be different strengths. You're thinking of how much gear can dissolve into a certain amount of water, so if you mix too much powder into too little water not all of it will be dissolved in the water, but if you inject it anyway you're still putting that amount of heroin into your system. It'sIt's terrible for your veins to do that, but water isn't needed to activate the gear so strength wouldn't be effected by the amount of water.

Thanks for the explanation - I think you're right that I was thinking about it in terms of water activating the powder in some way. To take what you said to the extreme if you could pour the powder directly into your vein that would work, the water is used as a suspension medium for the power/tar to allow it to get into your system. If you make a shot that has a ton of powder/bth compared to the water that's going to be harder on your veins. So in some ways if one wanted to make a super-sized shot you'd want to use a 2ml syringe vs. a 1ml so you'd have plenty of water. Also in short however much you get into the syringe is the amount that gets into your bloodstream (assuming you hit the shot).

Thanks for clarifying.

You can hold more than you'll ever need to in one ml of water... If you have to use 1/4-1/2 g for a rush as I do of the local "good" stuff where the common stuff people do near gram even up to three at a time that means there is so much cut that doesn't dissolve some H might get trapped in the moisture blocked by the cut from getting to the filter and then the rig.