• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Max Acetaminophen: What else can I safely switch to for pain?

Yeetdruggie

Bluelighter
I got an IUD inserted and I’ve been in constant pain and so far Pamprin has been the only thing that’s curbed the pain (I took 800mg of ibuprofen and it barely did anything on the first day). I’ve reached the max dosage of pamprin (acetaminophen) for the 24hr period, but I’m still in pain and want to know if there is something else I could safely take after this 6hr dosage is up? I have weed but I never find a healthy balance of pain relief/calmness and paranoia. I wouldn’t care about smoking so much if the paranoia didn’t make me focus on the pain and blow it out of proportion.
Drug wise, I currently have a ton of 800mg ibuprofen pills and 2 hydrocodones. I’m sure my roommate has less strong ibuprofen pills but this is kinda all I’m working with unless I go to the store.

So sorry for your troubles. I suggest you contact your care provider - the people who inserted the IUD - immediately. It is possible you are experiencing some sort of complication from the procedure - maybe even something dangerous - and they may even suggest you go to the ER. If you can't get through to anyone, go to the ER yourself. Don't wait.

So sorry for your troubles. I suggest you contact your care provider - the people who inserted the IUD - immediately. It is possible you are experiencing some sort of complication from the procedure - maybe even something dangerous - and they may even suggest you go to the ER. If you can't get through to anyone, go to the ER yourself. Don't wait.
I don’t think it’s serious enough to warrant that for me, I know some people have had serious cases like that though. My pain went from a 9-10 yesterday to a 5-7 today but the pain is just random and annoying. I’m mostly looking for a fix till the pain mostly subsides. I know some cramping is typical of the insertion though. Thank you for the help