Mash Ups

shoolameet

Bluelighter
Your favorite mash up?
Personally I think anything by Girl Talk is a musical orgasm, so I am looking for more stuff along those lines.

ahh i love Girl Talk
he created such an insane party at coachella!

2manydj's is an awsome mash up group so if you havent already, check them out!

i'm kind of over mashup, i was real into girltalk at the end of summer/fall but now i won't listen to him. Most mashups are all made up of radio hits, and for the most part i don't like those to begin with so putting 10 songs i don't like into 1 track isn't going to make me like it.
diplo has a pretty good mashup though called 'megamix'

I find mashups really weak for many reasons. You're taking two individual pieces of art and trying to make them fit together. The result is a trip to the butcher shop.

Just really weak.

I like mash ups because I have music ADD and change the radio station or song every 5 seconds anyways, so when I hear a good mash up, going straight from one amazing song right into the next feels good.

And I have heard the diplo mix, good shit. I like diplo a lot as well.

i agree that mashups are annoying and a bit of a cop-out. a bit of mashup fun here and there is good for novelty purposes, but it's rare to find a mashup artist/DJ that doesn't completely overdo it.

that said, i think high quality live remixing takes skill. i also enjoy girl talk :)

i agree that mash up are a hard thing to do a good job at. Part of why girl talk is so amazing though, is that he includes his own beats as well so he isn't solely relying on the other artists to make the music.

2manydjs r cool. Mashups can be good depends on the producer of course. Most are just cheap cop outs that some teenager has knocked out on there mums pc when they've got there hands on a well known accapella. These kind of mAsh ups go down well with the kids so they're usully popular. IMO good producers wont need to mshup they'll just sample.

A good mashup imo is one done live by a dj with two records mashed up on the turntables, now thats skill.!!

I usually am not a fan of mashups, but I heard one on the radio the other day, Rob Bass - It Takes Two and ACDC - Back In Black. It was fuckin killer.

I found a guy on youtube, some canadian guy named CB Shaw that is just awesome.
Audio AND video mash ups.

Here's one of his mashups:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqfa2jLFzRA

Check his site videos: http://cbshaw.com/

At one point he has

Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
Ice Ice Baby Vanilla Ice
The Bee Gees Saturday Night Fever Staying Alive
Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy

synced up at once. ;)

Last edited:
Ludachrist

LUDACHRIST_WEB.gif

I’m resurrecting this. I can’t put mash-ups in remixes.. I’m very specific about these things! I love a good mash-up though 🤗

This is better than both: