• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Marijuana withdrawal and "sleeping/hibernating" through the worst parts?

dabaws77

Greenlighter
Ok, i know its weed but please here me out. I've been able to get through amphetamine and benzo withdrawals but nothing like this and i dont know why.

I smoked 2-4 grams a day for 3+ years now. No breaks except maybe 1 day or so here and there via force. I only smoke strictly with bongs too.

Now whenever I stop for a day, I get SEVERE coldsweats, body temperature changes, nausea, insomnia, no apetite, restlessness, stomach weirdness and so much more. I feel so abnormal, even my eyes feel like they are always rapidly moving and cant stay still.

I have never been able to get past it, I always end up caving and smoking again because I can't stand the feelings. I don't understand why I was able to rid amphetamines and benzos but not MJ.

Now my weird question is, would it be possible to take something to help me fall asleep for most of the day and night?
Such as seroquel maybe? Wake up to just eat or something.. And do this for about 72 hrs?

So basically, can I just force myself to hibernate through that initial withdrawal shock that peaks for the first 3 days? I heard after about 3-4 days it starts to get better for chronic smokers, but I always cave in.

Would this hibernation strategy work?

Been smoking for about 10/11 years. Same as you. Multiple grams per day, bong. I go thru the Exact same symptoms man. Whenever id try and quit id take a bit of xanax. It helps a little but doesnt stop the sweats. I still woke up every 3 hours but the physical discomfort went away a little. I was still mentally craving it. The sweats didnt go away either.

You can TRY your best to hibernate but from my own exp, after the first day its almost impossible to fall back asleep along with the restlessness.

Fucking hate this shit mate. Good luck

Been smoking for about 10/11 years. Same as you. Multiple grams per day, bong. I go thru the Exact same symptoms man. Whenever id try and quit id take a bit of xanax. It helps a little but doesnt stop the sweats. I still woke up every 3 hours but the physical discomfort went away a little. I was still mentally craving it. The sweats didnt go away either.

You can TRY your best to hibernate but from my own exp, after the first day its almost impossible to fall back asleep along with the restlessness.

Fucking hate this shit mate. Good luck

Thanks for the info. The falling back asleep part is very true the last times I tried.

However I am going on day 3 now, decided not to 'hibernate' and I am doing it different this time. I'm taking 5-HTP as well as a 0.5mg clonazepam to keep me calm during the day. And for sleep, I am taking another 5-HTP and 50mg Seroquel about an hour before bed. It knocked me out entire night, despite the MJ withdrawals.

The 5HTP and Clonazepam keep me calm and in a good mood during the day. So far so good. Hopefully the worst parts are almost over. I hear they peak at 2-4 days and start getting better after that.

Once I make it about a week or so in, I'm gonna start getting rid of the seroquel and clonazepam and see how my body takes it naturally after 1 week.

I'm also drinking lots of water, and mixing some protein powder in whenever I can to get some extra calories in times where I can't bring myself to eat.

I.never suffer withdrawals from marijuana in any shape or form. A lot of it is mental, well all of it

I.never suffer withdrawals from marijuana in any shape or form. A lot of it is mental, well all of it

Most people don't get withdrawals, especially if you just smoke occasionally. But they are very real. Apparently its only serious chronic smokers that get marijuana withdrawal.. but even then Marijuana withdrawal is a lot shorter than any other drug. I used to be stoned from morning until night every day for multiple years, which is why im getting withdrawals. I can barely remember a time where I was not stoned for more than 12-24 hrs in the past few years. My body is pretty much burnt out I guess.

The physical symptoms are VERY real. Cold/hot flashes, no appetite, nausea, stomach discomfort, nightsweats, severe insomnia, etc. Im experiencing them as we speak but like I said, the steps im taking are easing them a little. I expect it to be better after day 4 or 5.

Yes, I only an occasional. At one point I was a daily smoker and never remembered anything more than irritability

Yes, I only an occasional. At one point I was a daily smoker and never remembered anything more than irritability

I think it just takes time I guess... or maybe genetics and everyone is affected differently.

I think when it gets to the point where you are high more than you are sober and you forget what being sober feels like, is when you may expect withdrawal. At least thats how it seemed for me.

I've completely forgotten what not being high felt like after so many years of being stoned. So it hit me hard when I stop.

my experience with heavy cannabis withdrawl is to KEEP MOVING! Exercise almost constantly you are gonna wanna sweat all those built up external cannabinoids out you have built up so your body will be forced to start making its own again. Drink green tea, move move move. The buzz from endorphins you get excersizing will help you sleep and eat too.