Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Marijuana - Out of control on weed?

Deathbyfood

Greenlighter
So yesterday ive had pretty intense trip on weed (Please save yourself the trouble of writing things like "You cant trip on weed" and so on 8)). Okey so to begin this trip report ill probably get right to the start. Ive met earlier with my friend to smoke some "High quality shit" he got and we discussed if we are going to use pipe or we will make a bong out of a bottle. We kinda agreed on the bong even though i dont like those make shift water bongs because they are usually too strong for me. And this also might be one of the things that made me trip. I inhaled and exhaled, started coughing a little but not much, i was kinda impressed i managed not to cough from such a rip even though my lungs were in a little pain after it. We got on the bus and i started feeling the first signs of bad trip i always have. First i start feeling this "pulsing" or a like something was tickling me on my lungs (Its not very enjoyable it makes me feel anxious). I relaxed and accepted the fact that ill have a bad trip again and tried to talk to my friend to take my mind off of it. We got out of the bus and i felt like im not even walking it felt like im walking on nothing and right after that i felt like passing out so i let my friend know i need to take a moment and im feeling like shit so he got me a drink which felt like heaven.

We waited for a tram (i dont even remember getting on it, i just kinda appeared there). We sat down and my friend was trying to keep communicating with me but i just could understand shit he was saying so i just sat there and i was doing deep breathing to calm down because i felt really anxious. And then shit REALLY hit the fan... It was like i was being pulled away from my body and i felt all of my organs working at once but it was like they were on overdrive like they were sped up to ridiculous speeds... And then it felt like my body was in autopilot... I was just a spectator... At this time i was really amazed by everything (still scared though). I felt like im inside my head just looking trough my eyes and everything i felt was like it was very distant (this is kinda hard to explain) I could still feel my heart beating and so on but it was very muffled. And i was getting these vision distortions of seeing multiple frames of things i was looking at. And then i got really scared because i was thinking what if i stay like this forever (out of control) and i was making up all these "fake memories" of me telling my mom and so on. Then i calmed down and i dont remember what happened next but i remember i started laughing because i figured something out... (I really dont remember what it was but it felt very significant at the moment). My friend started to laugh as well and asked me what was it and i just kept repeating "I got, i got i understand it now" (thats all i remember). My friend got out of the tram and the rest of the ride im impressed i got to my school because i dont remember shit... I remember going into the school (i was the first student to arrive lol) and everything felt like this happened before (Not like this happened yesterday... It felt like this happened in another life time) I started feeling very euphoric... It honestly felt like going into heaven or something. I got into a class drank some water and fell asleep... I remember having pretty weird dreams... Ive slept trough the whole first lesson and woke up during break. I was feeling well and relaxed just like normal weed high so i bought some food...

And thats pretty much it... Ive had similar experiences 2 times already... But none of those were as intense as this one... (maybe because i completely surrendered to it?). Anyone else had experiences like this? It doesnt happen everytime i smoke so i dont know whats the trigger here... And i always feel fine after it passes...

PS.: Sorry for any errors in the text...

you seem to unstable to smoke pot
btw heart pounding is nothing to worry about on pot and is completely normal with low tolerance

Your just really high and worrying about nothing. Perhaps try drinking a beer or two and then smoking. Just don't make it a habit I pretty much can't smoke pot without alcohol these days.

Sounds like you tripped pretty hard. Anxiety can do some strange things on psychedelics. At one point, several years ago I was mixing mushrooms and weed. I leaned over the side of my bed and twisted in a way that caused some quick, sharp stabbing pains above my liver which freaked me out. I had a tingling sensation spread across my entire chest and up into my neck which started and propagated from where I initially felt the pain. Subsequent mushrooms trips reproduced the effect and weed alone also reproduced the effect. I attributed the experiences to anxiety and that also when I quit smoking weed. For me, anxiety attacks cause heart palpitations. It used to freak me out as well but I got used to it. Sometimes it's just feeling my heart pounding in my chest, other times it feels like my heart wants to jump out of my chest (I'll feel 1 or 2 of those at a time). It's kind of really easy to focus on my organs and think something is wrong which just adds fuel to an anxiety attack; these days I've learned to distract myself from such thoughts (sober or on a substance); LSD has helped me face anxiety head on and helped me overcome it; I've been going on 7 months without an anxiety attack :D So yeah, anxiety attacks during a trip can take your mind to some very interesting places.

Yeah, Ive had this happen to me before so i was kinda prepared... But damn the first time this happened it was my 3rd time smoking weed... Same bong method as well lol... I was convinced im dead lol :D Still love this herb but damn sometimes it can give you hell.

I just wanted to put it out there because this was the most interesting experience that happened to me... Im not even sure if its possible to call it trip but i guess if it involves hallucinations and deep thoughts than it is? I want to try magic shrooms and DMT at some point of my life but makes me wonder if weed makes me trip like this what are shrooms or DMT going to do to me? :D 8o

when you get anxiety on weed its no good idea to continue smoking,you will see that over time anxiety trips will get progressively more common

Tripping on weed lol you sure your 'friend' didnt lace it with pcp

This is a good example of why the same drug can have vastly different effects per user. Not so much physically, but mentally. It is possible to overthink things and cloud the mind from the obvious, so I think having a stable, rational sober state is the best way to enjoy any mind altering substance.

Or I guess a better way to put it, is to be comfortable with mind alteration and accept whatever comes with it. Fighting with yourself is probably the worst way to live life, and so many substances have the potential to free anyone willing to accept their actions and have the courage to change them. Weed can do that, but mostly strong psychedelics can do that. Most importantly, one has to want that themselves, or else none of these drugs will do a damn thing.

Back to the whole "dependent on the user" scenario.

I have been noticing a lot of bad and overwhelming reports about Marijuana since I came back. I think that all these extracts, shatter, dabs, and the prevalence of high potency weed is a shock to a lot of people, and is easier to abuse with more drastic consequences than Marijuana I used to get and what was the most common variety in college. Chronic was always a luxury item, B grades where the standard, and this shift to now only ultra potent buds and extracts is an interesting change in the last 10 years or so.

Am I wrong?

I think you're right the market is flooded with top notch buds and concentrates.. But you'll never hear me complaining about that lol

This does just seem like a thought that came into your head and then dwelling and paranoia built it up. Nothing to really worry about you just had a strong high

I had a really bad trip on weed so i believe u . Me and my friends smoked outta a cocacola can bcus there were no papers. I wasnt a smoker at all.. i remember waking up in the pitch blackness on a bed not knowing how i got there . I immediatly jumped up and started crawling on the floor bcus i realized i couldnt walk. My 3friends were trying to calm me down to no avail. I kept screaming "i dont want to be like this" and moaning very loudly i couldnt tlk all i could manage to get out where those words and very loud moans as i crawled on the floor. I came down alittle and they helped me and my friend walk to the bus stop. Before getting in the bus my friend had the munchies so we went to 7/11 which was right there. I was competly out of it. Everything in the store looked groovy and wavy i still couldnt talk. I followed my friend around she bought a honey bun and we got on the bus. I was still in a trance all the way to her house. I ended up staying the night. I couldnt even tlk all i could get out was blabbers and i was awake all night laying there in a trance while she slept.. So basicly my trip i couldnt talk or couldnt walk. Everything was a bigblur and it felt like a chech n chong wave. Everything was wavy. Oh and btw, i knew what was happening in my head i could think clearly but couldnt express myself or act normal. Deffinatly wasnt weed right? I usually get bad trips from weed such as really fast heart rate but never this

Sounds like weed to me, it can be a really strong drug. Laced weed is extremely uncommon, it doesn't make sense for dealers to add more drugs, it wouldn't be as economical. Marijuana can have a huge range of effects. The bad trips from it are caused by anxiety levels skyrocketing... intense anxiety can produce dramatic shifts in consciousness.

Thanks for all the replies! Really helped me a lot. I found out that if i smoke a joint its much better high for me because i can get high slowly rather than inhaling from bong which is kinda of a shock for lungs.

Weeds not really my thing . but I have smoked it before and had an addiction to it . This definetky sounds loud anxiety plus being stoned I bet if you had a benzo on hand you would be much more chilled out

I had something similar happen to me the first time I smoked around 5 years ago. I actually blacked out that time lol probably because my paranoia rose so much. Later on though I got home probably about 1 to 1.5 hours after I smoked and I loved it so much I continue to smoke it today.