• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Marijuana for withdrawals from opiates? Best strain?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Hey everyone! Quick question. Has anyone successfully used marijuana to come off opiates Ie. stopping/helping the withdrawals? I finally stopped taking IV heroin and now am on Kratom, which was only supposed to be used for like 2 weeks. But of course, the "effects" had to feel better than hydrocodone and now I'm on this (better than using H, I guess...). When I dont take it, I start feeling the WDs from it, like chills, runny nose, nausea, vertigo, etc etc. So is there a specific strain of marijuana that has helped ease the WDs from any opiates? I'm also on Charolottes Web CBD oil for my seizures, but that hasn't really helped much (for the WDs).

Thanks!

Last edited:
I wouldn't take kratom if u have seizures I don't know that it can cause them but it seems like a drug that could .

Indica and high CBD strains should be best to help with opioid withdrawal. It helps but not as good as dxm or lope

I wouldn't take kratom if u have seizures I don't know that it can cause them but it seems like a drug that could .

Indica and high CBD strains should be best to help with opioid withdrawal. It helps but not as good as dxm or lope

Thanks for the reply! Thats another reason why im trying to get off... Id rather be in pain, then have a seizure lol Thankfully marijuana helps with both! xD Ill try to get some Afghan Kush or Blueberry hopefully, that will do the trick!

Thanks!

Cannabis usually shines after most of the acute stage has passed. When the latter stage hits cannabis softens the edges and allows for much better sleep. As far as cannabis for the rough parts of early WD I'm afraid it just doesn't compensate all that well. In my opinion at least. Also Indicas usually do best at first followed by sativas when the lethargy stage hits. Blue Dream & Green Crack were my favorite after I made it a week clean or so and didn't want to be quite so couch locked/ bombed with heavy indicas.

I agree with J.A ^^^ nice choices!

Blue Dream is one of my favorites! That is a nice choice for right after the acute withdrawal or if one needs some energy, muscle relaxation, focus, clarity, and pain control. Blue Dream also calmed anxiety for me! It is a great strain!

I also loved Creme Brule. Very smooth and made me feel like a teenager again. It has an aphrodisiac effect.

Gorilla Glue (heavy indica, high in THC) really glued my gorilla during acute opiate withdrawal. :)

Cannabis usually shines after most of the acute stage has passed. When the latter stage hits cannabis softens the edges and allows for much better sleep. As far as cannabis for the rough parts of early WD I'm afraid it just doesn't compensate all that well. In my opinion at least. Also Indicas usually do best at first followed by sativas when the lethargy stage hits. Blue Dream & Green Crack were my favorite after I made it a week clean or so and didn't want to be quite so couch locked/ bombed with heavy indicas.

Thanks for the reply Jekyl! Ive been wanting to try some Blue Dream, so I guess ill try to find some! Appreciate it :)

and Painful, thanks as well! I was growing GG #4 (my first grow) and it I didnt dry it properly and now its just trash.. LOL just sitting in some jars atm. Ill try to find some PROPER Gorilla Glue, to see if that helps as well!

Thanks for the replies everyone :)