• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Marijuana And Hydromorphone SAFE?

DonStatus

Bluelighter
Happy Friday To Everyone,

So my question is pretty simple, straight forward as usual 8) Would mixing Weed and Opiates be a safe combo?

I usually enjoy weed and I'd love to smoke a bit tonight with some hydromorph but I need to know if it's safe to mix the two.
My logic reasoning says that this is a safe combo and I'm just worrying for nothing...

My only concern is that the weed would potentiate the opiates and there for would increase the negative side effects like Respiratory Depression etc..
Can I get my nod on with some loud tonight or am I better to wait?

So what do the experts of bluelight think?

Thx

Happy Friday back at ya. Weed doesn't potentiate any of the dangerous side effects of opiods. Your normal dose of dilaudid will be fine. Weed won't increase respiratory depression at all.

How are you using the hydromorph? Your method of administration is important - if you coordinate the rush or come up of the opiod with the onset of the weed, it can be pretty....glorious. LOL

it's not dangerous the way mixing other CNS depressants with hydromorphone, for example with alcohol or other opioids or benzodiazepines etc, those would all be unsafe. But cannabis? fine.

Lol yeah its a safe combo but I would lower the dosage of each drug, not so much because it is dangerous otherwise but just because I find that when I mix with weed with opiates I don't need as much opiates to feel good.