• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana addiction.

True story.

Here's one (new) study (link below). Interesting thread and discussion too.

Interesting..... I guess it can have withdrawal symptoms like that of an opioid. I sure wish I knew this when I started smoking the shit.......

The thing about weed is if you're motivated and willing quitting is the easiest thing in the world and there are virtually zero withdrawal symptoms. If you DON'T want to quit the withdrawal is dysphoric, shitty. It's oddly psychological like that.

I've never really thought about this specifically but you're 100% right.

Opioid is a completely different withdrawal. Cannabis has no "withdrawal" it's more your mind getting used to a different state of consciousness and you don't feel in place when your not high, it's just mental.

Interesting..... I guess it can have withdrawal symptoms like that of an opioid. I sure wish I knew this when I started smoking the shit.......
I get physical wd from weed, no mistaking it, for me it's gone in three days, but it's months since I had a day off from weed. I've always believed age plays a huge part in addiction. I smoked weed from 12 and cigs from 17, I quit my 30 a day cigarette habit years ago but not weed.
Find a specific reason why you want to quit and keep it in mind I guess. As a parent, I'd like my kids to get exam passes before settling down comfortably with any drug, you're young enough for that to be a reason?

Edit, I remember now what I meant to say. Some opiates are potentiated by THC so when you take both a lot then quit weed it is literally opiate wd because the amount of bioavailable opiate in the absence of weed just dropped by maybe two thirds (I read this for buprenorphine). It's to do with the body using the same method for removing thc as it does to remove some opioids, so the body must choose which one to tackle first and it chooses to remove THC first. This method of drug removal is then busy and doesn't get around to removing the opioids until later, sometimes much later. That's the theory for opioids with high receptor affinity like bupe I read from a medical study I can't find now (of course).

Last edited:
Opioid is a completely different withdrawal. Cannabis has no "withdrawal" it's more your mind getting used to a different state of consciousness and you don't feel in place when your not high, it's just mental.

I get physical wd from weed, no mistaking it, for me it's gone in three days, but it's months since I had a day off from weed. I've always believed age plays a huge part in addiction. I smoked weed from 12 and cigs from 17, I quit my 30 a day cigarette habit years ago but not weed.
Find a specific reason why you want to quit and keep it in mind I guess. As a parent, I'd like my kids to get exam passes before settling down comfortably with any drug, you're young enough for that to be a reason?

Edit, I remember now what I meant to say. Some opiates are potentiated by THC so when you take both a lot then quit weed it is literally opiate wd because the amount of bioavailable opiate in the absence of weed just dropped by maybe two thirds (I read this for buprenorphine). It's to do with the body using the same method for removing thc as it does to remove some opioids, so the body must choose which one to tackle first and it chooses to remove THC first. This method of drug removal is then busy and doesn't get around to removing the opioids until later, sometimes much later. That's the theory for opioids with high receptor affinity like bupe I read from a medical study I can't find now (of course).

You know, I often find myself on the fence with this. Half the time I want to chalk any physical symptoms as a result of quitting up to increased stress/anxiety levels, but then other times I want to argue that even if anxiety's the cause, cessation of the habit is the catalyst that puts everything into motion.

I think that's why I get into arguments about this shit all the time-- I haven't even made up my own mind yet.

Some people get physical w/d from cannabis. It's extremely uncommon though

Dude, don't worry, when I was in Spain for half a year, I smoked like 12-15g per day, easy.
That's because 1g costs 16cent in Andalucia, and that's expensive weed, so you roll almost pure. Tobacco is too expensive.(can't smoke pure cuz it's hash)

So I understand your issue with feeling nothing from it. But it wasn't hard to quit after Spain, I just did 2-3 days without, and then started with my normal dosage again. I think keeping the dosage small gives you MUCH more of an effect for much longer time. You really have to actively work your mind towards not always wanting the bigger hit. The dose is totally fine, stay with the dose.
Andalucia is a mountain town in SPain? Wow, sounds interesting!!!!

Marijuanna not 100% non-habit forming,
Dependence Liability percentages:
  • Caffeine – 7%
  • Cannabis – 9%
  • Anxiolytics – 9%
  • Alcohol – 15%
  • Tobacco – 32%
  • Opioids – 30%+
I suggest you to use some substitute products such as water soluble Delta 8 and CBD tincture.

Where did the list come from 🤔?

haha lol. Yes as trogere said it's a large area.
The word means "walk easy", so as you can imagine it's pretty much the opposite of mountainenous. It's a coastal area.

There's a mountain range called "Sierra Nevada", that's about the only mountains you'll find that are not in northern Spain.

Its the southern most state of Spain (though i don't think they dont use that term, state). Interestingly the spanish that is spoken here in north/south america is spoken in the andalucian accent (not the castillian spanish mostly spoken in spain) because the sailors that conquered the new world were primarily from Andalucia. Or maybe i just made that up 🤔

Its the southern most state of Spain (though i don't think they dont use that term, state). Interestingly the spanish that is spoken here in north/south america is spoken in the andalucian accent (not the castillian spanish mostly spoken in spain) because the sailors that conquered the new world were primarily from Andalucia. Or maybe i just made that up 🤔
Province :)

Yes, Andalucian Spanish is strong on the lisp, and got spread pretty hard across the world.

WTF it was changed too.
The 30+% used to be "Heroin"
And the Anxiolytics used to be "Opioids"

Now I don't believe that list one bit.
If you changed it it has to be fucking wrong @Zahra
But didn't change how dependance was misspelled :(

Well it's probably about right, I just was wondering where it came from 🤔

Well it's probably about right, I just was wondering where it came from 🤔

The numbers look made up to me. Anxiolytics should be right up there with opioids, maybe a point or two lower as an average. Caffeine and tobacco should be roughly the same, and alcohol a notch below them both.

That's all just my opinion but I'll stand by it.

The numbers look made up to me. Anxiolytics should be right up there with opioids, maybe a point or two lower as an average. Caffeine and tobacco should be roughly the same, and alcohol a notch below them both.

That's all just my opinion but I'll stand by it.

Yeah the numbers would change as far as the degree of physical versus psychological dependence (to the extent that they can even be separated).

Seemed arbitrary thus the ask for citation.

You know, I often find myself on the fence with this. Half the time I want to chalk any physical symptoms as a result of quitting up to increased stress/anxiety levels, but then other times I want to argue that even if anxiety's the cause, cessation of the habit is the catalyst that puts everything into motion.

I think that's why I get into arguments about this shit all the time-- I haven't even made up my own mind yet.
It's more than just feeling a bit "off" for me, it's skin prickling, nausea (without vomiting), random muscle spasms and pains on top of being irritable and feeling down. However I wouldn't need time off work for it and within three days I'm better and so clear headed it feels wonderful that third day. Not wonderful enough to be worth it though because I don't last until day four, lol

haha lol. Yes as trogere said it's a large area.
The word means "walk easy", so as you can imagine it's pretty much the opposite of mountainenous. It's a coastal area.

There's a mountain range called "Sierra Nevada", that's about the only mountains you'll find that are not in northern Spain.
Andabien!
Que interesante, que chingon!

If you make it past 2 weeks no weed the cravings will be much lower you just gotta tough it out though especially the first couple days

If you're a chronic smoker. Stopping will cause the THC that stores in your fat to burn and enter your stream. It's a low dose, but I noticed this effect when I was in prison. I wasn't fat and was still burning fat, and it would cause a slight buzz for the first week or two.