• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

MAPS Study On MDMA For PTSD, Phase 3, finished. Results Are Promising.

Rectify

Bluelighter

In an important step toward medical approval, MDMA, the illegal drug popularly known as Ecstasy or Molly, was shown to bring relief to those suffering from severe post-traumatic stress disorder when paired with talk therapy.
Of the 90 people who took part in the new study, which is expected to be published later this month in Nature Medicine, those who received MDMA during therapy experienced a significantly greater reduction in the severity of their symptoms compared with those who received therapy and an inactive placebo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I don't know how therapy would have been those first... 10 times or so, but with how quickly this drug builds permatolerance (longer than even ketamine), and its supposed neurotoxicity, I've wondered why the push is here for mdma and not something like mescaline or even 2cb which i think is way more suited to this purpose. Or maybe I'm just jealous I ruined mdma for myself before I got ptsd.

I edited the title and added a quote for anyone wondering about the change. MAPS is crucial to Bluelights existence.

This study is really important. MDMA is becoming proven to be a key therapy to be used for PTSD. As per the article, all the FDA needs is a second positive phase 3 trial, which is already underway, and MDMA can be an approved therapy by as soon as 2023 when that is finished.

Honestly, I don't know how therapy would have been those first... 10 times or so, but with how quickly this drug builds permatolerance (longer than even ketamine), and its supposed neurotoxicity, I've wondered why the push is here for mdma and not something like mescaline or even 2cb which i think is way more suited to this purpose. Or maybe I'm just jealous I ruined mdma for myself before I got ptsd.
sames boat. eff.