• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MAPS MDMA/PTSD phase 3 trials = SUCCESS!

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member

rejoice!

Let's give some applause to the amazing people at MAPS! This is a historic moment.

I wonder if pharmaceutical mdma would work for me, or if I'd be disqualified for having abused it in the past to even try.

I wonder if pharmaceutical mdma would work for me, or if I'd be disqualified for having abused it in the past to even try.

Looks like its only been approved for people so far with chronic or severe PTSD.

Will probably be years until we actually see it anyways, I'd guess.

How significant would this even be for the recreational MDMA community? Even if all goes well MDMA would still be only rescheduled to Schedule 2, right alongside with meth and cocaine. It's not like it would become a legal thing to just carry around MDMA

How significant would this even be for the recreational MDMA community? Even if all goes well MDMA would still be only rescheduled to Schedule 2, right alongside with meth and cocaine. It's not like it would become a legal thing to just carry around MDMA
Yeah not much.

More about the overall progress of 'psychedelic medicine' in general I guess.

Hell man... even fentanyl is schedule 2.... I think it will be many more years before we see true drug law reforms in the US. Hopefully as soon as possible. Who knows what the future holds.

You can see that in places where medicinal cannabis has become legal, eventually, recreational cannabis becomes legal. So while it's not a definite that medical leads to recreational, I think it makes a difference over time. Mainly because the lie about the substance not having any medical benefit is broken down, and that contributes to the break down of the mandate for prohibition :)

You can see that in places where medicinal cannabis has become legal, eventually, recreational cannabis becomes legal. So while it's not a definite that medical leads to recreational, I think it makes a difference over time. Mainly because the lie about the substance not having any medical benefit is broken down, and that contributes to the break down of the mandate for prohibition :)
If, as MAPS is aiming for, MDMA becomes legal in the United States for medicinal use by 2022 or 2023, I'd expect possession to be decriminalized or even legalized within a couple decades. The only thing that makes me lose hope is how long we've gone without federal cannabis legalization or decriminalization.