• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Mannitol vs. Lactosse- Which Is Safer via IV/Injection ?

arthunter888

Bluelighter
Hello friends. I am currently trying to wean myself off of an opiate/heroin habit. My primary use is IV heroin. Since I'm running low on gear I need to stretch it out a little by cutting it with some kind of powder. Also cutting it will help me to lower my dose for tapering off, so it serves 2 goals.

My question is:

What is the best (SAFEST for IV) choice of powder/cut for me to mix with the dope? I know most people who cut dope use either mannitol or lactose (milk sugar), or both, but I am unsure as to which one is easier on the veins and therefore safer to IV?

Or is there another type of powder that's even safer than both of those? It needs to be something I can obtain locally via a GNC store, vitamin store, or grocery store, etc...

Please recommendations needed ASAP, thx

Why don't you just simply take less heroin instead of cutting it with stuff that isn't meant to be injected?

Ya, just use less like kk said....I can't see this benefiting in any way accept maybe in a placebo type way, but it's best to avoid injecting unnecessary powder for sure.

For me it is definitely a placebo type thing. I noticed that the more powder I think I am doing, the better I feel. If I keep it as it is, I am certain I will keep doing more and more until it's gone and then I'm screwed. By cutting it, it will trick my junkie-mind into thinking I am doing more than I actually am.

But more importantly, since my scale is not accurate at the mg level, it would be easier to dose if my gear was diluted to an extent that makes it measureable by my particular scale.

So it is important that this question is answered. thx

If you're kidneys are healthy I would imagine mannitol, but I don't personally have any experience with this (you'd want to go easy on it regardless, it is a sugar). Personally I'd rather just dilute with water and perhaps something to potentiate it like diphenhydramine.

How much of the cut do you plan on working with here (i.e. how much do you need to stretch your stash out by)? Regardless of what you use to cut it, at a certain point regardless it will become unsafe (I mean, this is probably obvious, but worth repeating).