• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Mania on Lamictal=Creativity!

AndrewLiam

Bluelighter
Hey, on Lamictal at the moment..I love the idea of being atleast slightly manic on the stuff, hell anything that isn't depressed will feel lovely being as Ive been depressed for like 7 months any thougts? also I want to start taking a plethora of different drugs and write an album (opiates/weed/mdma etc)..thoughts?

Talk to a psychiatrist, doctor, or medical professional, and tell them how you are going manic from the Lamictal. Good luck, and stay safe.

As a fellow bipolar friend, I know what it's like to have that hypomanic itch--which can be really productive artistically (and otherwise) on its own. You really don't need more drugs to promote creativity. (Check in with your doctor) and ride the wave you have going now. I would very strongly recommend that you not take any stimulants, amphetamines, uppers: anything like that (including MDMA). Also avoid hallucinogens like cid, shrooms, mescaline, and the like. Anything that elevates or strengthens your mania could lead to very severe mania (not the creative kind), psychosis, to dangerous impulsivity, and would also likely end with a much harder crash and more severe depression.

If you are going to do anything, I would stick to small amounts of weed, opiates, or benzos. Maybe a little bump of ketamine. Your brain chemistry is running on overtime so things may effect you differently than usual--keep that in mind in your decision making. In my experience, it's also important to be very careful with alcohol--easy to go overboard, resulting in worse impulsivity and bad decision making.

Be careful--but have fun with that album making :)