Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mandelin reagent - reactions with methamphetamine

Zaineaol

Bluelighter
Okay, i've done an extensive search, and not mannaged to find an advance list of mandelin reactions...

I'd like to know about mandelins reaction with meth, should it be the same as amphetamine (green)... i was assuming this would be the cash, but i have what i **believe is meth, since its use i've noted meth effects, but its not had much of a reaction with mandelin.. and i've used quite a bit of the powder for testing

also note, i just purchased the kit... and tested it on some pills, and they test up fine

Marquis is much better to test amphetamine with, I have found it more sensitive and easier to interpret. As always use both marquis and mandelin though.

[edit: oops, didn't read it properly and was comparing *amphetamine on mandelin to marquis]

Last edited:
Mandelin may go a slightly lighter green colour with methamphetamine, but both substances react in much the same way and Mandelin reacts with a similar sensitivity for both compounds.

well i didnt have a marquis to test with...

anyway, i did another test, this time i noticed the reaction a bit more, since i just watched the general colour change... the yellow colour of the mandelin was hard to distinguish the change to green.. but it was there.. and quite quick

I have also found that when testing meth with mandelin little or no colour change occurs. And when consumed the meth was as strong as ever.

On the other hand I found it quite effective at detecting a "speed bomb" pill I picked up last year. Went an obvious green after a few seconds.

^^ Interesting observation. I've too witnessed a couple of occasions where this seems to have occured. Just an idea, but if you notice this again, try first dissolving a bit of crush up meth in a little water (just a drop) before adding the Mandelin