• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Managed to put myself into opiate WDs - Advice needed

Well the RLS deffo wasn’t psychosomatic....that got my tits no end!
Oh I get you, but I’d say that withdrawal ended along with the end of the RLS.

I am the same, when I panic and over think something I can make myself feel much much worse.

Find something to watch or read to distract yourself today and tomorrow and you will be fine.

The RLS is still on going slightly if I sit still long enough. I’m assuming it’s the last thing to go...

The RLS is still on going slightly if I sit still long enough. I’m assuming it’s the last thing to go...
That’s unfortunate but it won’t last much longer. You will be getting better each day. You’re over the hump.

Again, this isn’t useful info. You shouldn’t be advising someone take clonidine for RLS that’s nearly gone.

He’s at the end of his withdrawal from DHC ffs.

ahh a big girl now you got a mod position ? . For anyone reading not one of you "expert" mods have mentioned it. You do realize others read old threads right?

@MsDiz , how could you know, you only been thirsting for compliments a few months
You’re suggesting someone take Clonidine, a blood pressure medication which has its own side effects, for the last day of a “minor” withdrawal. Do you realise how ridiculous that is?

You’re suggesting someone take Clonidine, a blood pressure medication which has its own side effects, for the last day of a “minor” withdrawal. Do you realise how ridiculous that is?

Do you realize other people read these threads? Clonidine works great for rls and did i tell the op to take it? nope because i'm not a doctor and don't prescribe medication

Do you realize other people read these threads? Clonidine works great for rls and did i tell the op to take it? nope because i'm not a doctor and don't prescribe medication
So don’t suggest it. In fact no one should be suggesting medication such as that. High blood pressure meds can be so dangerous for people. It may help RLS but there are way to many risks in my opinion.

@MsDiz funny doctors recommend it all the time and it's a weak blood pressure med. It's been recommended here for years so start going through threads flexing your mod status on people 😅

@MsDiz funny doctors recommend it all the time and it's a weak blood pressure med. It's been recommended here for years so start going through threads flexing your mod status on people 😅
Whether it’s weak or not is irrelevant. You don’t know someone’s health history. End of. I don’t think it’s wise to derail this thread anymore.

If it's any consolation, I've just come off a month long session of codeine use - around 240mg/day. As an ex-junkie, this is how I occasionally scratch my opiate itch. Normally I do a rapid taper with no issues, but this time I misjudged it and found myself short. My last dose was 90mg on monday, then fuck all. It hit me harder than I was expecting and felt a bit shit for the next few days with disturbed sleep and general malaise. Woke up friday morning still feeling uncomfortable, did three extremely runny shits before work, then felt absolutely fine.

I'm not experienced with tramadol so it's possible that has exacerbated your withdrawal, but I still think you'll be right as rain by monday.

See your doctor. I get siboxone for my codeine withdrawal. Suboxone is ace and I get it for free. Worth a try if you're scared. Good luck to you.

Thanks for advice all. Got hit with mega shits this afternoon although that’s probably the double expresso I had this morning triggering IBS (I don’t normally drink caffeine). I’m banking on feeling better Monday.

Question - I’ve been taking Mucuna Perenis each morning (which is basically L-dopa) as I heard dopamine is good for dealing with RLS. For any of you that have had this, is this true? I don’t want to make something worse unknowingly.

For what’s it’s worth, went out with a mate in the sun this afternoon and felt pretty good. It’s just residual RLS (which always gets worse in the evening, but no jerking of limbs) and just mood swings. Although getting outside and getting my mind off it helped loads.

Also, having now experienced mild WDs from opiates, does this mean I’m more likely to experience them in future if I am ever prescribed them? Not that I would take them out of choice but I want to know.

Im honestly surprised how quickly the line can be crossed in all honesty. It the past, ( a long while ago) I’ve done a box or so of DHC over week(s) for recreation and got no hint of WDs. As soon as I use them for their intended use....bam.

I dipped my toe in the water with opiates and I don’t like where this leads. I’m getting off the ride thank you very much!

Withdrawals are so fuckin subjective mate. Even so called 'physical' withdrawals are largely psychosomatic. Everyone thinks that they can tame the opiate beast, but they eventually come to realise that it is totally out of their control.

Basically it's shit.

Please value your humanity...

Also, having now experienced mild WDs from opiates, does this mean I’m more likely to experience them in future if I am ever prescribed them? Not that I would take them out of choice but I want to know.
i don't think after a short period of using you should be at any risk, cos it usually requires a long term habit. but, as with all these things YMMV.

don't take your chances though. i have been mostly clean off heroin for over 2 years (scored about 6 times in that time and each time made me fucking ill) but still fucking neurofen plus makes me ill. its insane.

well done for getting through it and taking it as a learning experience not to fuck about with opiates!

Update - RLS have now gone and feeling normal bar the emotions side of things. Still feeling randomly emotional at strange points in the day.

Also, does anyone noticed that opiates impacted their libido negatively? Obviously when you are in pain you have no interest, but now I've quit any ideas when stuff like mood/libido stabilises? I feel about as ready for it as a eunuch :D