• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Ineffectiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.

sm0kestack

Bluelighter
Hey people, sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Not sure if it is supposed to be in Pharmacology Forum or what, so good ahead and move it if need be mods. Thanks.

OK, I was wondering if anyone ever noticed that any medication from Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals (Their logo stamp on their pills or capsules has a BOXED M somewhere on the pill or capsule.) suck or are ineffective at most times? I have came across this generic brand of pills a few times and was disappointed every single time.

First time I had come across them was going on 6 years ago. A psychiatrist had prescribed me a few of them for severe anxiety/panic attacks and to use only when needed. She was am extremely strict doctor and it was like pulling teeth to just get 5 kpins out of her. Needless to say I haven't been to see them in a long time. I have a way better doctor now, I mean he won't just write whatever you want, but he's kool enough in knowing what to allow you to have before going too far.

Anywayz, sorry for going off topic. So I went to go fill this script of only 5 klonopin in an unsatisfied mood, but I calmed myself by knowing it's better than nothing, and at least with 5 kpins I'll be able to feel good for a couple days at least.

I get to the pharmacy and get the bottle of 5 1mg clonazepam, and raced toward the door of the drugmart. I opened the bottle, poured 1 into my hand and immediately sent it down the hatch. Having already been experienced with taking klonopin in all different kinds of pill forms, I generally knew that 1mg would be enough for a nice little buzz.

So now I am just waiting for it to kick in. An hour went by, no effects. I had read at many places including here at bluelight that it could take a drug 3 hours to fully kick in, but I haven't even felt the onset come on yet after an hour. Two hours goes by still no onset yet and by now I am like WTF is going on??? So I take the bottle back out, poured the 4 remaining pills in my and and noticed that BOXED M stamped on the pill, but I had thought nothing of it. Needless to say, i ate all 5 of those kpins throughout that day and was very disappointed.

The next encounter I had with Mallinckrodt made pills was 2 months ago when I went to DrugMart to fill my Adderall 30mg, along with a couple other meds. Now I had been going to both DrugMart or WAL-MART, whatever was closer to the doctors office I got my scripts filled. This time it would be DrugMart. I had a prescription for 60 Adderall 30mg IRs. It was bound to be a fun, fun day. Me and my buddies get to the car, and I eagerly tear open my DrugMart prescription bag like a child on Xmas morning. I had 3 scripts filled that day, and the first random bottle I pulled out of that paper bag was the gabapentin, prolly cuz it was the biggest since I get 120 800mg gabapentin/month. They were the same familiar ones I always was given there NT | 151. There was no question those were the real deal. The second rabbit I randomly pulled out of the hat was my clonazepam. These were also the same familiar ones I had been getting every time I picked up there. The good ol' blue C 1 pills, also no doubt in he'll that these ones were the real deal too. Now leaves the 3rd bottle. My Adderall, my favorite of my scripts. It had been my first time filling them in a while since I had just did 4 months in county jail for some insignificant petty stuff, but I assumed they would be the same ones I had been getting a little over 4 months prior, which were the ones with the U 30, and I loved those ones. Better than the TEVA football's IMO. BUT I open this bottle and look in to see this pile of WHITE [NOT ORANGE] octagonal shaped pills. I thought WTF are these??? I didn't say shit to upset my buddies. I look at the bottle label and checked to make sure I got the right stuff, since in one instance I had been given XR capsules instead of IR pillz. I had to take them back and get the right ones. So I looked at the label and it said the correct info 'D-Amphetamine/Amphetamine Salts Combo'. So I looked back down in the bottle and just thought, they GOTTA be real... I took one out and inspected it. It had that dreaded BOXED M and the number 30 on the back.

Now at this point I wasn't thinking of the situation that happened years ago with the 5 clonazepam, but I did have a feeling that something was definitely fishy. Nonetheless, I gave it the benefit of the doubt, and popped 1 of them back. Now, I know with my previous experiences with the TEA BARR football's and the U's the IR (Instant Release) pillz, I had always felt the amphetamine effects kick in within 15-20mins. NOPE not with this Mallinckrodt garbage. I waited and waited for it to kick in til we reached our destination. NOTHING.

So taking the 2 other brands of these pills whole and orally by themselves, which always worked just great within 15-20mins, it had been over an hour since I took that first pill, and I still wasn't feeling anything, so I decided trying a different ROA. I am actually an IV drug user, but I am one that is very skeptical about what I inject these days. I decided to bomb/parachute another one. After I ended up doing that, I stood around for a few minutes, then decided to go lay on the couch and wait for that good feeling which gives you an urge to get up and do something you have to do, or want to do. IT NEVER CAME. After having ingested what was SUPPOSEDLY 40MG of amphetamine/d-amphetamine I fell asleep! I had NO tolerance to the adderall at all since I was in jail for 4 months and hadn't had them in over that long, cuz I still had to wait another 11 days to get in with my doctor. So tolerance was definitely NOT an issue. Needless to say, instead of saying fuck these things then flush them down the toilet, i made some generous "donations" to my friends with those things.

After stating those situations and circumstances, is there a reason why this medicine maker produces such low quality and "placebo"-like medications? It just doesn't make sense or seem fair to the people who actually need the effects of these drugs they are prescribed to actually work/produce effects.

I came across people trying to get Mallinckrodt medication off , and I informed them that more than likely you are offing something that is likely about as good as a placebo or sugar pill.

Anyone have a clue why Mallinckrodt medications suck so fuckin bad? I would just like to know. Thanks y'all and be safe.

I highly doubt a company that does billions in sales years sells junk. Think about it its not like meth made by same guy who makes a few grams they are a enormous business. Its much more likely that your expectations of what would happen from 40 mg of amphetamine didnt match reality. Its not like a dietary supplement where they dont have to not have what they claim in it.

mallinckrodt roxies oxy 30s are known to be the best oxycodone 30s. especially for Iv use...not sure about klonnies

Errr sorry im falling asleep. What i mean is its entirely possible for somepeople to fall asleep after 40 mg of adderall. Its like 4 beers at once just because u didnt fall asleep doesnt mean its not alcohol

confirmation bias/nocebo effect is very strong with some people, if you've convinced yourself a certain brand is crap, then you'll experience it that way almost certainly.

Given how big the budget of pharma companies are, it's likely that generic medications are made on the same equipment and the same ingredients as name brand anyway... there's only so many ways to press a pill and so many possible excipents! Keep in mind that generic pharma companies are inspected just as rigorously by the FDA as any other drug manufacturer... and the FDA doesn't take kindly to wildly out-of-spec generic meds.

also keep in mind that the bioavailibility of amphetamine is greatly dependent on stomach acidity... acid environments = poor absorbtion. That can be a factor.

There's no boxed m kpins, but a Mylan green m with a score and other markings I can't remember. Those apparently are worthless based upon general consensus. One comment I read even said a pharmacist said that there were multiple complaints of the Mylan generic kpins.

I don't take them and supposedly no meds are noticeably different, but I disagree with low dose meds like this, LSD, atropine, xanax, hydromorphone, bupe, etc.

I definitely noticed a difference between taking those Mallinckrodt(Boxed M octagons) adderalls and the Teva(barr footballs) and Auralife(U40 round pills). The Mallinckrodt were straight garbage , felt NOTHING, while the others felt GREAT. Same drug, same dose. WTF????

I don't get what you guys mean by worthless generics. It still contains the active ingredient, just with fillers that might make some ppl possibly more likely to allergically react(?) but I don't think that's the case either because how hard could it be to find some kind of extremely-safe fillers (thinking cellulose, mannitol etc). Then again there are coloring dyes, binding agents flavoring agents stuff like that so who knows.https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/Resources...afely/UnderstandingGenericDrugs/ucm167991.htm
This is a fairly interesting source, and, dare I say, trustworthy as well.. umm anyways just through scanning through that page the *only* thing I can remember about brand name vs generic is that brand name has less of an allowance of what +/-% of the active ingredient it can contain. So for instance a 2mg generic xanax bar could (possibly) contain 1.8-2.2mg, worst case scenario. While the brand name would be an order of magnitude more accurate.

Last edited:
I think a order of magnitude is 2.2-1.8 0.4 ×10^-1 or 0.04 which would be 0.36/2 0.18 or 2.18-1.82 mg which would be irrelevant.

By that I meant 1.82-2.18mg vs I guess 1.97-99-2.02/04 .. if that makes sense haha

Oo so saying generic is ten percent variation from labeled mg and brand is 1 percent?

I fucking love Mallinckrodt ...

Their Methadone, Oxycodone, Hydromorphone, all are GREAT.. don't know what you're talking about.

Thryre all extremely effective.

Malli is also probably the richest Pharmaceutical company out there also.. its def near top of the list.

BTW, Malli doesn't make generic Klonopin (Clonazepam).,
you've got it mistaken for MYLAN..
I agree on that part though, Mylan sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.