• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Making the switch

VMC75088over

Greenlighter
Ive been on oxy for a few years 180 mg a day for a back and neck problem. I can't afford to have surgery the Might help. It would ruin me financially to be down a week never mind 4-6 weeks and then coming off the drugs is going to be even more time and I doubt with my need to work 70 hours a week and all the pressure I face that I will be able to do it. I'm tapped out by my Dr and he won't up my Meds. he is pushing hard (can't blame him) for me to get it fixed but i can't right now. Even with what I take my tolerance has topped out and I'm either sick or taking more than prescribed then running out before a refill. I need to get a hold of a something to tie me over between and thinking of going to heroin.

I have no contacts or knowledge of how to use it. I don't want to get into Iv use. How do I start ? What should I be careful of ? I have read about things it's being cut with and that worries me, how do i tell.

Any advice will be welcome. I know don't do it but I'm already screwed.

Thanks

So my girlfriend also has severe pain, and takes a similar amount of painkillers. She has been on painkillers for a while now, at least a year or 2. She blew through her monthly prescription in 2 weeks and we decided to start smoking heroin until she could get her prescription refilled. That was a little over a week ago. We smoked about 6 grams of black tar heroin during that roughly one week period. We only smoked it a few times a day for pain. We each used about 1/2 gram each day. At first it seemed to really help with the pain, and it gave her more relief than any painkillers, but we didn't really see the "big deal" about heroin. It wasn't some mind-blowing high or anything. But after about a week I started really enjoying it. I would spend all day at work counting down the hours till I could smoke H again. Last night, after just over a week smoking heroin, we both decided to stop. Her prescription gets filled soon, and in the meantime she found a few percocet to hold her over till then. Heroin went from "I really don't see what's so great about this drug" to "I can overdraw my bank account and get us another gram" really quickly. I feel sickly and gross already and it's been less than 24 hours since I last smoked H. We're done with it. I'll probably feel like shit for a couple days, but I know if we had continued smoking H I would have become very addicted. One week seems like the maximum amount of time anyone should smoke heroin "casually" without becoming a full blown addict. We enjoyed the experience, and it got her through when she was out of painkillers, but toward the end of "our week on heroin" I started getting really scared of the addiction. I would use extreme caution when "chipping" with heroin. It's no joke, and addiction comes on fast. In the future we may smoke heroin on special occasions, but we will only use it as a "weekend thing" and never use it for more that 48 hours. After a week I started feeling pretty hooked. I'm honestly a bit scared that I'm going to get sick tonight or tomorrow, once the heroin leaves my system. Good luck. Be careful.

Ok, honestly im sorry for this but im a "GREENLIGHTER" and cant make my own posts which is very dumb imo but i need some insight. This has always made me wonder, me and my cousin and pretty frequent opiate users, atleast every other day or binge for a week and quit for a week, you know how it works. Our use varies from Oxycodone, Oxycontin, heroin, vicodin, and suboxone. (Suboxone is a last resort) but this time I binged for about 2 weeks. It started bc of a buddy of mines dad had gotten knee replacement right, and he even told me ahead of time (my dads getting knee replacement, you know what that means) lol but yeah he got 80 vic 7.5s and I was lowkey pretty excited, the day he gets them he sends me a picture of a handful of 7.5s my buddy is just giving me. So I rail and down all those in a day(along with selling acouple), next day same thing but only 9 (hooked my cousin up with 2-3)of them, railed em all, and 2 days after that he asked me "want any hydros" so im like fuck yeah, but this time i traded him some high quality loud and him only giving me 5 because he finally figured out their value {sigh}, and did all those but this time i could tell tolerance has taken effec, but i still get feeling pretty damn good. So i give it a break for acouple days, then he ends up running out. About a day or 2 later I just want something, so this is when suboxone comes in, of course Bupe is one of the most potent opioids so i buy a 8mg strip for 20$ cut it in 1/8 pieces and do it all in a matter of 3-4 days(also giving pieces too some buddies). After those 3-4 days i didnt use for another day or 2 so after that, i want something idc what it is. I buy 2 stamps of some pretty decent heroin, split a pop with some friends and did the other to my self, at this point tolerance is bad but not horribly bad, i did this for the next 2 days, buying 2 stamps, splitting with friends then other to myself (some batches were WAY more potent than others). And now ive been clean and withdrawaling for 3 days, ive tampered a little, almost cant even call it that, day 1 after quitting i snorted a roxi 5 waited a day, then 2 days ago i snorted half a roxi 5 and today (3 days without full blown opiate use) my withdrawals are only RLS which arent as bad as they were because ive been eating iron rich foods and sweating in my sleep pretty bad, and just today my nose was runny for probably 2 hours then stopped. I weigh 130 and 19yrs old. Jw why my withdrawals arent as severe as planned. To be honest, I feel good, I dont feel any withdrawal at the moment, why?Thanks guy.

Last edited:
Don't do it, please know thousands of people on this forum alone have made the exact same deliberation in a post like this. It worked for precisely zero of them.

Heroin is cheap, for a while, but you WILL rack up double the dependency faster than you could ever believe.
No one "wants to IV", we just hit that point when it seemed like a no-brainer "I could spend $100 a day snorting it, or just grab some rigs for double the BA so it costs half as much". That goes the same way as price pretty soon: you simply shoot twice as much, it lasts half as long and you've got the permanently increased risk of OD, death, arrest for paraphernalia, HIV, Hep C, cotton fever, tissue damage, necrosis.... the list is endless.

Don't do it, please.

Definitely dont do it.... you will spend every last dollar you have on it. Your tolerance will go up really fast and it gets really expensive. Trust me not a good idea. Unfortunately i blew my entire savings i got through my divorce in 2 yrs not to mention my alimony checks and regular pay checks. The retirement alone was $125,000. Yup thats right!!!! Not a cheap habit to maintain. You get soooooo sick that you have to have it just to be normal and go to work. It runs your life. Its like having an albatross around your neck. Its awful. Maybe methadone for pain? It will be less expensive and you xan have a normal life.

OP: I really regret ever adding illicit diamorphine to my painkiller repertoire when I was in real pain and shit wasn't cutting it. Don't fuck your tolerance all up like so many have done or nothing will have any level of effectiveness at any dose. But I guess everyone has to learn on their own *sigh. It's rough out there in smacklandia. If you can't ask around and find it in a safe manner, I'd stay away unless you like getting robbed/burned. It's hard to tell good from bad unless you have a lab. Start small, keep your dose as constant as possible, start even smaller with new batches, avoid the needle, avoid fentanyl, avoid thieving junkfiends, don't let your money walk, etc. Find a good strain of cannabis to potentiate your opioids as it really increases the pain relief factor. Good luck!

024Liakam: Snorting vicodin is childish as fuck. It takes a while to fuck your opioid receptors up to the point where you get baddddd withdrawals fast. You'll be fiendin soon enough.

Lots of good advice and I'm thinking twice about not doing this, thanks really. Money is not a problem and I would only use to get me through a few tough days until I can get my script filled. I am really stuck in a spot, I have to work many depend on me, an entire company depends on me. I can't do my job without something in my system, shit I can't get out of bed in the morning without something. I have recently thought about detox but I am going to need to be in a safe environment for at least 30 days or I'll be running the street. Work would never survive two weeks without me never mind 30 days right now and you guys know it's going to be months before I am even close to 100% again.

I can't go into details about it who knows who reads this stuff. I spoke to my wife about detox last night and the idea even scared her. She is a saint and cries over the pain I deal with each day, she cries over the position I am stuck in, she has never used anything in her life and barley ever takes a drink. We have four adult children all doing very well, we are very close. Deep in her heart she knows what I am capable of doing not to be sick and to take care of my family. I had/have been sober in AA since 1986 and still attend several times a week all while keeping my dirty little secret.

I was hurt a few years ago it got worse and worse we planned surgery and two weeks before I gave into taking the pills. The surgery was postponed three days before due to an infection I developed. Something horrible happened at work and I was the man who could save the company. Here I am at my desk this morning years later, the job is almost done and I need to take care of myself now. I will be in a position to have surgery by summer, I will be able to take an extended leave to get well.

I know in my heart I am doomed and feel I will be dead within a year of stopping the pills. I just feel I will never be able to get clean and I am not mentally strong enough to endure the recovery road. I have had some real serious phases of depression many years ago and know what I'm faced with. I just lost one of my closest friends to suicide this summer and have been on the edge of falling into depression over it.

Work is the only thing that keeps me busy and focused enough that I am not thinking and obsessing about what happened to him. Why ? Why didn't he come to me ? Why didn't I notice something was not right ? Why didn't anyone notice something was not right ? I got no second chance to notice, to help, he's gone that's it. It happened so quick he went from being himself to doing a few strange things a few days leading up to his death. We had little warning something was wrong it happened so fast. He left us nothing to explain it. I have lost three friends this summer two were very close and one OD'd he couldn't get off the pills either.

I know if I can get into a good detox and follow along with all I have have learned during my sobriety I have a chance. I know I must be strong it's hard to even write that "be strong" Fuck I have been strong for a long long time. I have been working seven days a week, 70 80 hours a week for over three years. Even when I am at home I'm working on reports. If I have time off I don't know what to do at home thanksgiving day was torture for me.

@deadelvis

The First time i used it I also thought whats the big Deal here.

Then a few weeks later i took it also for 6 days and definitely enjoyed it more.
As soon as it was empty i got more.
Then i stopped because i knew were this would lead to.

Only took it a few times after that.
The last time was in 2010 were i IVed it.

Was addicted to tilidine from 2010 til 2014 and took dhc and oxycodone sometimes which i still would prefer.
And other non opioid/opiate drugs.

Now i'm clean for a year besides nicotine, coffeine, alcohol and two times dhc.

I'm really glad that i didnt walk that route of becomming addicted to heroine.

You made the right decision!

@vmc

Dont do it!

Last edited:
heroin is a blessing and a curse....the pure bliss and relief of pain mental and physical will cause you to see her as an angel come down to save you from a wretched pain, and emotionfilled life....however once she gets her claws into you and those wings fall off you become the walking dead....only able to function to get your next hit.

You will cross so many moral barriers, you will lose the ones you love because of this angel....and believe me once she has you in her grip it is so hard to let go. It is like killing your best friend.

I highly suggest you do everything in your power to get the surgery, and if you don't think you are strong enough to deal with the medications on your own,,,,hafve someone dose them out to you.

Fuck. We slipped up and kept using. Now I'm at work and I'm fucking dying. Don't do it. It's not worth it. I'm totally hooked on heroin now and I'm going to either spend all weekend going through withdrawal hell (if I can make it home safe, terrified of the 30 minute drive when I'm this sick) or I can smoke some of the H we still have at home and not feel like I'm dying. Fuck this. What a terrible mistake.

I think I'm going to take some oxy's I have at home and smoke a few hits of H so I don't go into full on dope-sickness. It was 10 days ago I started smoking H and now I'm at work throwing up in my wastebasket. Can't see straight. Shaking. Sweating. Fuck this. Don't do what I did. Seriously man. Not worth it.

^^if you think you have " full on" withdrawal after 10 days of using heroin, I feel for you, because it gets 1000x worse. What you have now is minor wd. Get off now before you lose your job and everything else.

OP: if you've been around recovery then you know the only way to get better is to put yourself and getting better first or it'll never happen. Everything else is negotiable. Don't cross the line into heroin use. Buy some more pills if you have to. Get your surgery. Detox off the pills. Recognize your depression for what it is: a side effect of the opiate cycle.

Life gets much better. I understand. I relapsed after 9 years clean and remember being curled up dopesick thinking what did I do to myself. And that I would never get back to where I was. I'm now over a year and a half clean again and much happier. You can do this

Thank you to everyone who posted here. I am not going to do this no matter what.

I loved this. "Recognize your depression for what it is: a side effect of the opiate cycle" As well as many other comments made. Thanks again for helping me to see whats really going on and what I would be getting myself into.

My prayers are with those who are suffering right now and I wish you good health and happier times.

God Bless and Merry Christmas

Best wishes to you, VMC. I hope you decide to get the time off and deal with a surgical solution. Sometimes it's the only viable option.

Thankfully my amazing girlfriend scored us some oxy, percocet and benzos so I can gradually withdrawal over the weekend. I still feel sick even on the oxy and benzos. The heroin addiction came on so fast it really scared me. I won't be messing around with heroin in the near future. Maybe someday we'll do a weekend of smoking H, but one week was too long for me. I started feeling addicted around the one week point. After 10 days I was hooked and starting to get sick without it. I certainly don't want to head down that path.