• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Making the Best of Missed Shot?

ATLien88

Bluelighter
Hey, I tried using the search engine but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. Time is of the essence a little bit, so I was hoping somebody who's been around the block could help me on this. I just missed a shot, which I haven't done too many times before, but anyways... What is the best way to go about trying to get my body to absorb some of the dope? I can't cop again today, and don't want to be sick. I figured if I apply heat and/or pressure, some of it might get into the bloodstream?

To sum this up - sorry for rambling - how much of this shot can I hope to get? Is it 100% a complete waste, or will it work slowly over time? Anything I can do to help it along?

Sorry if I missed this somewhere else, and thanks in advance for any help.

From what I kno, "skin popping" does still get H in ur system, albeit not the amnt iving does of course. Perhaps search the BA of H subcutaneously if in a huge rush. I feel ur pain although during my H days 1 yr ago this mth I quit bangin H, I always had more when I did miss my first few shots. Good luck brother.

From what I kno, "skin popping" does still get H in ur system, albeit not the amnt iving does of course. Perhaps search the BA of H subcutaneously if in a huge rush. I feel ur pain although during my H days 1 yr ago this mth I quit bangin H, I always had more when I did miss my first few shots. Good luck brother.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have noticed some effects since I last posted, but like you said, it's not the same as an IV hit. Congratulations on getting clean man, keep it up.

I'm still open to suggestions if anybody else is reading this.

what you need to do is sterilize the area and then rub it and rub it so the solution thats just sitting in a cavity under your skin gets more quickly absorbed into your bloodstream. You should definitely still get high from it(or feel effects) it just wont come on as quickly or as intense as an IV shot...but it may actually last longer.
But, wherever you missed the shot will probably be sore for a couple days though. Just keep massaging it until the lump is pretty much gone and that means most of it has been absorbed. Also, the sooner you massage it, the quicker it will get absorbed, and the less of a chance you will have of developing an abscess. Thats also why I tell you to keep it sterile as possible.

This has happened to me and several of my "friends" many times and all we did was massage it and try to enjoy a less intense high...thats it.

I had a friend who would skinpop in a few spots on purpose if he couldn't shootup again for a while to keep the dope in his system longer. Therefore I think don't expect a rush but wouldn't expect to get sick and think you might even be able to feel better longer?

That seems to really be the only solution. I've followed that advice - been massaging it since it happened, and I've also added a heating pad while I rub it. Not sure if the heating pad will help, but it seems logical. The bump is going down, and I can tell that some of it has been absorbed into my system (pupils pinned, some itchiness). Thanks for the quick replies, hope everybody has a good weekend.

True and thanks man, you'll just miss the rush but the H shuld last a bit longer subcue than iv. I still fien even on sub. Hope sumday u can get off the H. Tho I admit I'd kill 4 just 1 more rush lol

You'll be fine. Like dirtyjerz said, the effects should actually last longer under the skin. It sucks to not get a rush, but I'd rather miss and be well than not do anything and be sick any day..

You'll get effects, but due to the lower BA the roa won't be as efficient as IV. And yeah, you won't get the rush.

Apply heat to the area, right after, which should aid in absorption.

The most important thing is to keep an eye on the miss, to make sure things don't worsen.

I had a friend who would skinpop in a few spots on purpose if he couldn't shootup again for a while to keep the dope in his system longer. Therefore I think don't expect a rush but wouldn't expect to get sick and think you might even be able to feel better longer?

Why not just leg muscle it?

Because other than IV, you'd be increasing the risk of an abscess other other localized damage.

I've missed several times and after you get through that awful stinging, I suggest applying hear it possible, run it under warm water or put a heating pad on it and massage away. It will help the h get absorbed into your system and help prevent a abscess. You won't get the rush which sucks but it will keep you well. Good luck!

I honestly think sub injections unless they are pure and sterile solution. Even then it's not worth it. Might as get a atomizer nasal spray tip to attach to a leur lock barrel to make ultra controled doses you can pull up and shoot without worrying about how much you push as you keep your supply separated. Worst case scenario find a nasal spray bottle preferably empty