• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids making poppy seed tea..

Kratom tea just has to be dosed right, it's capable of really nice effects. In my early days, all I ever did was the tea, but the traditional method, which involves simmering crushed leaf in water for 20 minutes, and making a second extraction, and combining the liquid... I would always cool it, which causes it to turn thicker and be the color of creamed coffee. Using this method I could dose like twice as much and not get the dizzy effect. The effects were really great flor me and all my friends, I introduced many people to it (this was before it swept the world). As soon as the supply switched to micronized powder, I noticed an immediate change and so did my friends. The traditional method still seems to reduce the negative side effects and allow you to dose higher, which produces a stronger euphoric response.

As for extracts, it's similar, you can dose more and the negative side effects don't appear as quickly, which can lead to a stronger opioid effect.

Yeah, just a heads up @papercuts in light of what you've said I would suggest being a little cautious when giving dosing advise to other people with drugs that are metabolized by the CYP2D6 enzyme. It sounds like you're a poor metabolizer. I mean it's a good idea for all of us to be cautious regarding this. But you in particular might be more likely to misjudge what someone else would need even when they're in seemingly exactly the same situation.

Specifically I think CYP2D6 metabolized drugs are things like codeine, tramadol, I think oxycodone too to an extent. And anything containing those substances like poppy products.

It just means you may need a lot more of those drugs than other people to get the same effect, even with exactly the same use history, same weight, same sex, seemingly same everything.

Just something to keep in mind when giving advice. I'm not trying to dissuade you from giving advice or anything. Just suggesting that you keep in mind that you might be unusual in how much you need compared to the majority of people. Even when everything else is equal. <3
I'm guessing pethedeine is on that list with tramadol and codeine, I dislike them all for the simple fact nothing happens until the hangover which lasts two days, anyone who enjoys them isn't having the same experiences.

You're right to point out we are all different. Add to that I've a genetic condition which means difficulty digesting anything and oral might not be my best method.

This enzyme CPY2D6, do you know if it be obtained as a supplement?

I'm guessing pethedeine is on that list with tramadol and codeine, I dislike them all for the simple fact nothing happens until the hangover which lasts two days, anyone who enjoys them isn't having the same experiences.

You're right to point out we are all different. Add to that I've a genetic condition which means difficulty digesting anything and oral might not be my best method.

This enzyme CPY2D6, do you know if it be obtained as a supplement?

I Googled and it didn't look like pethedine is metabolized that way. Neither was I able to establish that pethedine is a prodrug (in other words that it actually needs to be metabolized into something else to function).

You can't literally get more CPY2D6 as a supplement, but I think there are substances that influence your bodies own production of it.

God I hate it when people use seeds instead of pods. Sorry I just do. You're taking a completely random amount of opiates. I once read that samples can vary by 6000 fold, but not sure when/where I read it. Pods are so much more reliable.

God I hate it when people use seeds instead of pods. Sorry I just do. You're taking a completely random amount of opiates. I once read that samples can vary by 6000 fold, but not sure when/where I read it. Pods are so much more reliable.

Yeaaah I dunno how much I take from that.

Let's say you buy a gram of heroin right. And let's assume for this purpose it definitely doesn't have fent and shit in it.

Ok now that gram could contain anywhere from no heroin in it at all, up to 1 gram of pure diacetylmorphine. And anything in between.

But you know what it definitely absolutely 100% does not contain? It does not contain 2 grams of heroin.

My point here random, and enormous variation, do not mean there isn't an upper limit to the risks you're running. If you take x amount of seeds or pods there's still something of an upper limit to how much opiates could be in it right?

Not saying it's without risk, or serious risk even. Or that the risks between seeds and pods are the same. Just that it's not completely random in the way I take your meaning either.

Maybe I'm being overly pedantic here I just felt like you were going a bit heavy on the risk here. People should be cautious certainly. But there are limits to the amount of risk which is plausible.

I Googled and it didn't look like pethedine is metabolized that way. Neither was I able to establish that pethedine is a prodrug (in other words that it actually needs to be metabolized into something else to function).

You can't literally get more CPY2D6 as a supplement, but I think there are substances that influence your bodies own production of it.
Do you know if that is what mangoes are meant to do?
It was something like that, but I dunno

Do you know if that is what mangoes are meant to do?
It was something like that, but I dunno

I'm not aware of mangoes doing anything.

The food most linked with changing how drugs are metabolized is probably grapefruit. I took the liberty of googling how grapefruit influences cyp2d6 and it looked like somewhere between not at all and a mild inducement.

Ultimately I don't know if there's a way to induce more production of cyp2d6.

A couple other drugs showed up as cyp2d6 inducers, mainly corticosteroids like dexamethasone. But taking dexamethasone just to make some opioids feel better would be crazy.

If you want a better opioid experience I'd say it'd make more sense to take directly acting opioids like morphine. Certainly more so than experimenting with drug interactions.

Pods can vary a lot too. Not disagreeing, they are far better

Yeaaah I dunno how much I take from that.

Let's say you buy a gram of heroin right. And let's assume for this purpose it definitely doesn't have fent and shit in it.

Ok now that gram could contain anywhere from no heroin in it at all, up to 1 gram of pure diacetylmorphine. And anything in between.

But you know what it definitely absolutely 100% does not contain? It does not contain 2 grams of heroin.

My point here random, and enormous variation, do not mean there isn't an upper limit to the risks you're running. If you take x amount of seeds or pods there's still something of an upper limit to how much opiates could be in it right?

Not saying it's without risk, or serious risk even. Or that the risks between seeds and pods are the same. Just that it's not completely random in the way I take your meaning either.

Maybe I'm being overly pedantic here I just felt like you were going a bit heavy on the risk here. People should be cautious certainly. But there are limits to the amount of risk which is plausible.
!0 grams of Papaver Giganteum always feels like 10 grams of Papaver Giganteum to me. The difference is so minute that I can't even tell. That isn't the same as buying smack in America or anywhere else where it's pretty much just Fentanyl. EVERY single poppy tea death you will find online is people using seeds rather than pods. Every experienced poppy user knows this. You simply don't know anything about the scene or how varied seeds can be.

I've never experienced variety in strength of dried Giganteums, they're the same now as they were 20 years ago. But they're all I ever use, I don't use different types of pods which can have completely different alkaloid contents. Never even tried Hens and chicks, I feel like i'm missing out there lol.

I'm not aware of mangoes doing anything.

The food most linked with changing how drugs are metabolized is probably grapefruit. I took the liberty of googling how grapefruit influences cyp2d6 and it looked like somewhere between not at all and a mild inducement.

Ultimately I don't know if there's a way to induce more production of cyp2d6.

A couple other drugs showed up as cyp2d6 inducers, mainly corticosteroids like dexamethasone. But taking dexamethasone just to make some opioids feel better would be crazy.

If you want a better opioid experience I'd say it'd make more sense to take directly acting opioids like morphine. Certainly more so than experimenting with drug interactions.
Just take morphine, if only life were that simple
I'm currently distracting myself as I'm nearly three days without pod tea now
Unless my brain is playing tricks and it's only two days

God I wish lol. I love how we magically always have no pods at the same time as having no kratom, even though we've always got the fucker when we've got kilo's laying around. Sods law lol.

Fair point. My apologies for treating this somewhat as an intellectual hypothetical rather than a real life question. <3

I've never experienced variety in strength of dried Giganteums, they're the same now as they were 20 years ago. But they're all I ever use, I don't use different types of pods which can have completely different alkaloid contents. Never even tried Hens and chicks, I feel like i'm missing out there lol.
I started my love of pods with hens and chicks from a florist, I hadn't realised then they were unusual but I've not seen them since, just seeds for them.

!0 grams of Papaver Giganteum always feels like 10 grams of Papaver Giganteum to me. The difference is so minute that I can't even tell. That isn't the same as buying smack in America or anywhere else where it's pretty much just Fentanyl. EVERY single poppy tea death you will find online is people using seeds rather than pods. Every experienced poppy user knows this. You simply don't know anything about the scene or how varied seeds can be.

The seeds are more variable I'm not disputing that. What I'm disputing is degree of danger you're describing.

Also I went to Google and found a 19 year old dead from poppy pod tea within like the first 5 results.

These things are more complex than I think you're making them out. Tolerance matters a LOT too. I'd argue it matters a lot more in fact.

doesn't it depend where you get them from, as some strains may have had their morphine content bred out?

what is your method of brewing pod tea, btw?

Good choice. I'd get some loperamide and just use it at normal doses too if I was you. Always makes me use a thousand toilet rolls a day when I come off them by accident or without planning to beforehand.
haha, yes abstinance certainly shifts what wasn't moving before ☺️
I'm sorted now anyway, two sacks of lovely gigantium pods, yum.

BTW Someone mentioned the bad taste, add citric acid to your hot water before blending with the powdered pod. It tastes better and it extracts the good stuff far better too.

doesn't it depend where you get them from, as some strains may have had their morphine content bred out?

what is your method of brewing pod tea, btw?
I know you didn't ask me but in the spirit of being helpful I'll tell my method if it's allowed;

1. Weigh your pods, about 5g maintains me, 20g feels fantastic, I started on about 3g and haven't changed it much.
2. Put pods in coffee grinder until it's powdery
3. Add freshly boiled water with a pinch or two of citric acid granules
4. Blend again for a few minutes
5. Strain through a cloth teabag, catching the pod sludge in the teabag
6. Drink the strained liquid (90% ought to be in that)
7. Add the teabag, citric acid and boiling water together in a cup a few more times until the water doesn't colour any more, just because I hate to waste any.

The estimated morphine content in the "average" pod is 3mg to every 1g of pod, but that is going to be highly inaccurate of course.
I take it every morning because I have a chronic pain condition that is harder to manage than a pod habit. It's a really slow come down, the feeling lasts until the next day sometimes, which is always a bonus.

if this post breaks the rules then moderators, go ahead and remove it