• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids making poppy seed tea..

H>He

Bluelighter
what weight in unwashed seeds would be relatively equivalent to 8 mg of dilaudid when washed in water and lemon? i know seed strenght varies but i need some sort of guidance

Almost impossible to answer. It could range from 200g of strong seeds to a kilogram + of weak ones.
i bought the strongest seeds on site so i 'll try 200 g and then drink 1/2 see the effect then if it feel like it's woring a little try the rest..thank you ..i kept seeing 80-150 g

Almost impossible to answer. It could range from 200g of strong seeds to a kilogram + of weak ones.
so how do you gauge the first time with a new seed batch?..i can't buy heroin anymore here it always has fentanyl in it and i think the fentanyl high SUCKS

Yeah you have to be really careful with poppy seed tea, as the potency varies wildly, and the potential to overdose is very high if you have strong seeds and are used to having much weaker seeds. I think using 200g and drinking half of it is a good place to start, I seriously doubt even if they were very strong that such a dose would be enough to overdose.

When I was doing PST a lot, I always got them from a salvage grocery store in town, they sold pretty strong, unwashed seeds for really cheap. Eventually the store manager asked me to stop buying so many seeds every day because it was hard for them to keep them in stock and it was really annoying for him. So he offered to let me put in separate orders for 25 pound boxes, he would order a box just for me and I'd pick it up at the store. I would order a 25 pound box every couple of weeks. At the time I was doing 1.5 pounds, but I had a monstrous tolerance. I would always do a careful test every new box I got to assess strength, they must have been getting them from the same place all the time because they were usually pretty consistent.

I learned my lesson after one time, before I was buying boxes, I took my usual 1.5 pound dose, and I noticed the liquid seemed darker than usual, but I just slammed it anyway, and I got probably the closest I've ever gotten to overdosing, I was nodding hard, and kept finding myself not breathing and I'd have to consciously remember to breathe. I took a bunch of caffeine and stood up and walked around for hours because I was afraid of nodding off and not breathing and dying. After a while I got incredibly nauseous and spent the next day throwing up over and over again. After that I was much more careful.

I'd be surprised if you even notice taking half of a 200g strength tea. I bought every brand of unwashed seeds I could find last year and none were effective if I used less than 400g, thoroughly washed with lemon water just boiled. I'd been using the advice of not exceeding 800g in a day and stayed well below that. I'm a 50kg female and it was my first return to opiates in many years so zero tolerance. A lot of the time I couldn't be sure I felt anything, so I gave it up as not worth the bother. Maybe I was doing something wrong.
I'd be interested to hear if you have more success with it.

So he offered to let me put in separate orders for 25 pound boxes, he would order a box just for me and I'd pick it up at the store. I would order a 25 pound box every couple of weeks.
Heh, what a nice manager! I wonder if he knew what you were doing with them? :)

what weight in unwashed seeds would be relatively equivalent to 8 mg of dilaudid when washed in water and lemon? i know seed strenght varies but i need some sort of guidance

Poppy seed's as others have mentioned are crazy variable.

I mean, putting aside that they're washed with different levels of effectiveness, the poppys themselves also produce latex with variable amounts of the good stuff in them.

There's just not gonna be a straightforward answer to this I'm afraid.

I'd be surprised if you even notice taking half of a 200g strength tea. I bought every brand of unwashed seeds I could find last year and none were effective if I used less than 400g, thoroughly washed with lemon water just boiled. I'd been using the advice of not exceeding 800g in a day and stayed well below that. I'm a 50kg female and it was my first return to opiates in many years so zero tolerance. A lot of the time I couldn't be sure I felt anything, so I gave it up as not worth the bother. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

If I may ask did you have an existing opioid tolerance?

Heh, what a nice manager! I wonder if he knew what you were doing with them? :)

I tend to think he did, because he'd always give me a certain look. But I would always tell the cashier girls that I owned and operated a baking business out of my house. It got to where we'd have conversations about it and I'd make up fake stories. Lemon poppyseed muffins are my special family recipe passed down from my great-grandmother. ;) They'd ask me to bring some in periodically and of course I never did.

Poppy seed's as others have mentioned are crazy variable.

I mean, putting aside that they're washed with different levels of effectiveness, the poppys themselves also produce latex with variable amounts of the good stuff in them.

There's just not gonna be a straightforward answer to this I'm afraid.

If I may ask did you have an existing opioid tolerance?
Absolutely no tolerance at all because the allowed opiates like codeine don't work at all for me and I'd been behaving myself since having kids, that's why I pointed out I'm a small female too because it seems weird to me that I felt close to zero effects. Anything I felt could have been placebo.

Absolutely no tolerance at all because the allowed opiates like codeine don't work at all for me and I'd been behaving myself since having kids, that's why I pointed out I'm a small female too because it seems weird to me that I felt close to zero effects. Anything I felt could have been placebo.

Hmm. A lot of the opioids in poppy seed latex is codeine if I recall. If you have the genetic trait that you can't metabolize codeine into morphine, that means poppy seeds wouldn't work as well for you as someone else.

They might also have been a weaker strain of poppy there seeds are sourced for your area.

Normally if I am remembering correctly I'd expect 200g to be pretty noticeable to people with no opioid experience who metabolize codeine properly.

Dunno, just thinking out loud I guess.

Without an active tolerance i've had 150g of washed seeds feel pretty strong (and I have a sort of permanent tolerance to opioids due to a former monstrous opioid addiction).

The first I tried it (no tolerance) I used a whole pound of what turned out to be some very strong seeds and it felt dangerous. I was fighting to remain conscious.

Yeah, just a heads up @papercuts in light of what you've said I would suggest being a little cautious when giving dosing advise to other people with drugs that are metabolized by the CYP2D6 enzyme. It sounds like you're a poor metabolizer. I mean it's a good idea for all of us to be cautious regarding this. But you in particular might be more likely to misjudge what someone else would need even when they're in seemingly exactly the same situation.

Specifically I think CYP2D6 metabolized drugs are things like codeine, tramadol, I think oxycodone too to an extent. And anything containing those substances like poppy products.

It just means you may need a lot more of those drugs than other people to get the same effect, even with exactly the same use history, same weight, same sex, seemingly same everything.

Just something to keep in mind when giving advice. I'm not trying to dissuade you from giving advice or anything. Just suggesting that you keep in mind that you might be unusual in how much you need compared to the majority of people. Even when everything else is equal. <3

Hmm. A lot of the opioids in poppy seed latex is codeine if I recall. If you have the genetic trait that you can't metabolize codeine into morphine, that means poppy seeds wouldn't work as well for you as someone else.

This is true, however there is also a lot of morphine in it. Poppy seed tea is for all intents and purposes oral opium, but with what seems to be a time-release mechanism built in (as it lasts much longer than oral opium or poppy pod tea, and comes on slower). Certainly if you are a poor metabolizer of codeine, it would not be as strong as it would for most, and if you're a very efficient metabolizer of codeine, it would be much stronger than it would for most.

This is true, however there is also a lot of morphine in it. Poppy seed tea is for all intents and purposes oral opium, but with what seems to be a time-release mechanism built in (as it lasts much longer than oral opium or poppy pod tea, and comes on slower). Certainly if you are a poor metabolizer of codeine, it would not be as strong as it would for most, and if you're a very efficient metabolizer of codeine, it would be much stronger than it would for most.

If memory serves there's actually a bunch of opiates in poppy latex along with the well known ones. That and that it's taken orally is probably why it takes a while to come on and lasts so long.

And why its withdrawal can be surprisingly brutal given how relatively mild the habit otherwise is.

I've never had any luck getting strong seeds I think I felt.. 'something '.. I think but that was probably just hydration from all the water no decent effects I've not need to the shop in a while though they sell big packs of unwashed white seeds 1£ each I've even got 10 packs before and used them all at once which was a pain and hardly noticed any difference im gonna try them again one day because I here they get different batches who knows maybe the covid pandemic will somehow result in purer seeds well less washed seeds

Yeah you have to be really careful with poppy seed tea, as the potency varies wildly, and the potential to overdose is very high if you have strong seeds and are used to having much weaker seeds. I think using 200g and drinking half of it is a good place to start, I seriously doubt even if they were very strong that such a dose would be enough to overdose.

When I was doing PST a lot, I always got them from a salvage grocery store in town, they sold pretty strong, unwashed seeds for really cheap. Eventually the store manager asked me to stop buying so many seeds every day because it was hard for them to keep them in stock and it was really annoying for him. So he offered to let me put in separate orders for 25 pound boxes, he would order a box just for me and I'd pick it up at the store. I would order a 25 pound box every couple of weeks. At the time I was doing 1.5 pounds, but I had a monstrous tolerance. I would always do a careful test every new box I got to assess strength, they must have been getting them from the same place all the time because they were usually pretty consistent.

I learned my lesson after one time, before I was buying boxes, I took my usual 1.5 pound dose, and I noticed the liquid seemed darker than usual, but I just slammed it anyway, and I got probably the closest I've ever gotten to overdosing, I was nodding hard, and kept finding myself not breathing and I'd have to consciously remember to breathe. I took a bunch of caffeine and stood up and walked around for hours because I was afraid of nodding off and not breathing and dying. After a while I got incredibly nauseous and spent the next day throwing up over and over again. After that I was much more careful.
you just reminded me reading your post the only effect I got from the seeds I got was lower breather like really noticeable power breathing but that was literally the only side effect of only effect i experienced from them I was worried at first after all I've read about them but after an hour I was passed off because I still wasn't high and then decided fuck it they aint even worth a quid probably get higher from an asprin..

Thing is even fairly strong poppy seeds are still probably on the low side of opioid strengths.

I mean they're still strong enough that potent seeds can kill an opioid naive person. But in anyone who's a heroin user, even with fairly potent seeds it's usually going to be a fairly mild effect even at the best of times. Assuming the heroin isn't garbage quality I mean.

I used to buy the actual dried poppy pods, ground them up, boiled them, strained out the grinds and drank it, and never got zip from them, except sometimes violently sick the next day.

and this is from the actual pods, not just the seeds, so I'm curious that people can actually get high from the seeds, but if you do, always remember to start low as you can't measure how much opium might be in them