• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids making poppy seed tea..

omg yet another contradiction to the he said she said boiling water argument this is why I think I suck at pst every few months the census seems to change one month boiling water is needed to extract the alkaloids properly another month boiling water destroys the alkoloids and another month you shouldn't use warm or boiling just cold water...

Right? I mean if I didn't know any better I'd think we were just a bunch of junkies that had no idea what we were talking about :D.

so i started with 1/4 oz of the stronget seed the company had [10x's stonger than their reg unwashed seeds] and did 1/4 oz//then in 20 minutes another 1/4 then a 1/2 oz.. 3x's ...2 oz's and i got a nice mellow buzz like a 1/2 bag of good heroin..it was so great not to have fent in the equation..you cannot buy heroin anymore in philly that doesn't have that crappy fent in it .. in 1996 -97 the kennsington section of philly had the purist heroin in the nation..ohh man that bitter taste running down the back of your throat.. i was so impressed if you do enough it's just like the bags of yore..making some now.. i follow the 2 day rule do as much as you want for 2 days then wait 5 or more and repeat..you never get addicted that way..been doing it since 1977..never felt a withdrawl symptom

I've never got anything out of seeds.
I use only the pods.
As already said by others it's impossible to know in advance how potent the seeds you have are so what I'd do is wash them all at once (250 gr at least) and then sip a little bit slowly and see how it affects me after a while.
You can always drink more if you don't feel it. Don't go downing it all at once.

I used to buy the actual dried poppy pods, ground them up, boiled them, strained out the grinds and drank it, and never got zip from them, except sometimes violently sick the next day.

and this is from the actual pods, not just the seeds, so I'm curious that people can actually get high from the seeds, but if you do, always remember to start low as you can't measure how much opium might be in them
I'm curious because pods work a treat for me and I'm based in the UK. Seeds never worked instead for me.
Was the strained liquid bitter? If it was not then it was not the right strain of poppy. I use the giant ones. I get a bitter very dark liquid.

Boiling water for pods, yes. But for seeds, use room temperature water and shake for 5-10 minutes, then strain out. Repeat for a second extraction.

Most poppy seeds are washed, so they will be virtually inactive. Even unwashed seed vary greatly. If you can find a source for strong seeds, they are very strong and very effective, but pods are much more reliable.

Pods vary a good deal, so it's best to stick to one variety, gigantiums are popular, if I have smaller ones I mix them with my usual, the different levels of alkaloids in each variety can cause some mild withdrawal from changing types otherwise.
I grind up 100g at a time, couple of times a week, that's weight after seeds removed.
When I'm not having a hard week it'll be less, I just keep having hard weeks recently.
Sorry, not what you asked, how many? I'll weigh some after my husband gets up and get back here. Edit; average 3grams each pod with seeds removed.

The average content of morphine is reputed to be about 3.5mg per gram of pods without seeds. That doesn't include codeine and other alkaloids which are almost always there too in significant amounts.
I believe oxy is 1.5 times the strength of plain old morphine.

So 20mg of oxy is 30mg of morphine or 8.57 grams of decent pods.
So on a hard week my 200g a week is like 100mg morphine a day plus whatever else is in there. Nature cuts with much better fillers than humans do 😁

Last edited: