• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Making OD great again! OD regulars, please read!

kleinerkiffer

Bluelight Crew
The posting standards decreased drastically over the last few month and we want them to increase again, so Znegative and I made a poll for you guys, please take your time, read and answere every question. We need you guys!

1. What do you think about the state of OD?

2. Do you think we have to raise the bar for new threads?

3. Should people answer threads that are against the rules, before a mod can close it?

4. How can we bring more awareness to the OD posting standards?

5. Most violations of the rules are made by greenlighters, any idea on how to change that?

6. Is there something, like a thread, you'd like to see?

7. What's your opinion on a sticky with dangerous stamps etc?

8.What about a thread like 'Should I use/abuse benzos recreational' ?

9. Any other ideas?

You can answer the questions here, or send Znegative SpeedKing or me a PM

This poll is needed and some actual intellectual discussions are needed vs are my drugs safe (more or less pill/substance ID) or this drug is cool threads that flood the board.

I don't think new threads should require approval, but heavy moderation is needed as most people posting here are just super fucked up.

3. Should people answer threads that are against the rules, before a mod can close it?
Only to state that it is against the rule and the reasons why to make the job of the moderator easier. We can all moderate one another, but only staff has privilege to close and edit threads.

Sticky a thread announcing that OD has been slipping and people need to get on their game.

5. Most violations of the rules are made by greenlighters, any idea on how to change that?
It's not just greenlighters sadly... Maybe if possible set up a must view thread or splash screen with guidelines one must pass before posting.

Not in particular, but I do like helping people especially those who are afraid to go to the ER when needed.

Awesome idea. Stamps sadly without location as then it's likely people will use it as reference to find dangerous bags.

Great idea

9. Any other ideas?
Maybe a megathread it the basic neruology and pharmacology of OD drugs stated (Google mouse party, which is a pretty good flash animation, but outdated) as well as each drugs risks such as benzo blackout. It might stop someone from depleting their dopamine with stimulants or end up benzo blackout.

Possibly even a benzo blackout thread to get a better idea and warn people of benzo blackouts and what compounds cause it at what dose... 4 day clonazolam blackout... Not cool.

More may come to mind, but I am too dopesick in pain to think of anything else.... Fucking managing chronic pain self medicating opiates

Edit: Sticky this thread as well.

Thanks a lot for the reply!

Edit: Sticky this thread as well.
I'll sticky this thread after a few more people replied, because imo people tend to not see/ignore stickys, like we have a sticky about the OD posting standarts etc. but more or less no one cares to read them.

More may come to mind, but I am too dopesick in pain to think of anything else.... Fucking managing chronic pain self medicating opiates
Hope you feel better soon! :)

Well I'm not dope sick, but someone's breaking my heart. Fuck my life nothing's ever right... Off topic I know, but a bump at least.

The posting standards decreased drastically over the last few month and we want them to increase again, so Znegative and I made a poll for you guys, please take your time, read and answere every question. We need you guys!

It's all good, folks come and go, reading their story is always interesting

Not particularly, in fact No, BL is a good Harm Reduction site but HR messages seldom come across if we tell every thread starter that 'This one's been answered a million times before UTFSE'
Because I guarantee if the same HR messages are not repeated often and all the time then that message will be lost to the person who really needed it. Just cos we know it already it's worth us all reflecting time and again on our actions and wether they are in line with our mouths.

Yeah, at least until I get to post a reply - hate getting to the bottom of a thread to see that it's closed lol. It would be great it every member got a chance to add their 2c but maybe limit it to one post per member, like a poll may only allow you to vote once.

The standard is largely dictated by the standard of individual that may come across BL and in particular OD. Yes mods can close a thread or caution the poster or even relegate a member
due to repeated misconduct but trying to ensure that you only get new questions from members can be a little Gestapo at times, not that this is a democracy, but of course the question has likely been answered. If we know a good BL resource (Thread) then post a link to it and just keep rolling, no need to close it necessarily.

Nope. Much like life, you learn from your mistakes (Or not) and for every one Greenlighter or rule violator I bet once others reads the violation you may have saved them from the same fate. I find you catch more bees with honey than you do vinegar so there's no need to be uncivil especially to a newcomer who's a little Green.

Not that I can think of but if I do, I'm encouraged to start it myself.

I'm all for it. You guys that get stamps, it's critical that they know any anecdotal feedback or hard data on what's going around. In Australia you get a bag of powder and if it happens to come in a baggie with graphics on it then that's just what the sex shop had left at the time. And multiple dealers could have the same bags so it's no way to identify batch or quality etc, not that this doesn't happen with stamps now I hear.

Go for it! - But ultimately any thread that asks "Should I abuse......." well the answer from me is NO, everything in moderation as my mother says.

9. Any other ideas?

Take more drugs than I should today, but I squashed the idea and have stuck to the plan.

You can answer the questions here, or send Znegative SpeedKing or me a PM≈

Done. This is a good initiative that should be re-run from time to time in my opinion, well done!

1. (State of OD)
While it could definitely improve as far as more in depth and interesting discussion as opposed to the how high am I going to get threads, I feel as though recently members and mods have made an effort to keep OD more in control so to speak. When there were basically no active mods a few months ago it went a bit haywire as threads completely against standards would remain up for days (thereby encouraging more of them). But I think @znegative has done a great job reining in the off topic and "out there" type posts by either closing or redirecting them. And I'm sure the new mods will continue that, having seen their quality posts. So I think, definitely on the upswing

2. (Raising bar for new posts)

I don't think you really need to "raise the bar" per se. I think redirecting posts more suitable to Drug Culture and BDD helps people realize "hey we have forums for those types of posts" rather than just sticking everything in OD. For some reason new people who get in the mobile app seem to say they can't navigate well( I can't speak to that as I hate the mobile app). On THAT topic though--posters on mobile app can't post in OD because when it asks for a prefix the drop-down box that shows on desktop app * does not * show on mobile. That makes people have to post in homeless, and a mod has to move it, and I think fixing that problem would save time and frustration all the way around

On the new thread subject I do have one other pet peeve. If we are going to tell people to UTFSE instead of making a new thread, then we shouldn't close the thread when the person does use the search engine, finds an appropriate thread and posts his question in it. You can't have it both ways. If someone has a question they either need to make a new thread or attach it to an existing one. But it must be frustrating to find an appropriate thread and post then have it closed because it's an old thread. To be fair this went on much more last year or two, but I still want to mention it as the irony always annoys me. (And I understand closing old threads pointlessly revived, such as when someone gives advice to someone who was going thru withdrawal 4 years ago lol. I am not referring to those)

3. (Answering threads against rules before mod closes)

Well, sometimes it's human nature, if you know the answer to say it. This mostly happens with urine test questions... "....this question isn't really allowed, but no you won't test positive for fentanyl on a dip test..."

I guess if that really bothers you, you can strictly enforce warnings and such to those answering, but I wouldn't recommend it. In fact, if there is a particular type of question that people do keep answering before its closed, perhaps OD should revisit the suitability of such threads. Now, if it's a sourcing question and posters are giving out specific info or something, yeah, that definitely shouldn't be ok.

I don't really find anything wrong with it currently especially as now we have mods who will see the questions and close them whereas a few months ago the questions would sit open for days

4 (awareness to OD posting standards)

I kind of answered this already--I think by redirecting such threads to appropriate forum and stating why, others will realize "oh, that's a Drug Culture question ". Mods will have to be proactive on it--but like I said since znegative started doing that we are seeing less of the "I'm really high today" threads.

I would caution about being too rigid. If someone is asking about a substance and what it does and is it recreational, that is different to me than asking "can I get f*cked up on this if I take X mg". One seeks to expand knowledge that may benefit the forum; the other just wanted to get f*cked up.

Perhaps green lighters could have a pop up screen with posting standards show up for first 10-15 posts in OD. Oh and if you implement that--put in upper case letters "no SWIM". ;)

5. (Rule violations mostly by greenlighters)

Above mentioned popup box would help. Gently telling them also helps. No need to be nasty or rude, everyone was new somewhere at sometime and you don't want to chase them away from seeking help. Most often they just don't know because let's face it, no one or almost no one-reads a whole page of rules before they get to asking their question. So maybe--a very short page with the most important rules to have to click on before first posts?

6. (Something like thread I want to see)

No, I pretty much start whatever I have questions on.

7. (Dangerous stamps thread)
Absolutely. If someone has that knowledge passing it on could save lives.

8. (Should I ab/use benzos thread)

Well, is that meant to be like the "should I try heroin thread?" That one was necessary as someone would post almost daily "should I try h" and of course got mostly the same answers. That became repetitive. I don't see that so much with benzos. But, a thread on what the side effects and issues with dependency isn't a bad idea. Although--I thought the mega-thread had that?

I'm not against it if others feel it's necessary. I do feel stickies are often skipped. You need something eye-catching on them--change in color, font, something every once in a while to catch people's eye

9. (Any other ideas)

A link at top or bottom of page or a sticky so people can switch to desktop/mobile view. I am aware there is one in support, but others may not be. And as it currently stands one cannot start a post in OD from mobile due to the drop down box for prefix that doesn't show on mobile. And on that link maybe something saying "can't start a post? Switch to desktop" until someone figures out how to fix that. I know it was brought up ages ago, and still seems to be a problem.

Implementing software that auto-blocks out "SWIM" like some forums have for profanity. V-bulletin can be set to do it for profanity how about SWIM. Lol. Just joking, sort of ...

-------

All in all I think OD's issues are fairly minor and having active mods takes care of most problems already. But I also think a survey like this should maybe be a yearly thing, as input from members only helps to make it an even better place!

I only have an opinion on #3, I think people should only reply that "This question is not allowed" or something to that effect. Otherwise we're just contributing to the non-allowed question/post.

Just my opinion.

^ Good idea. Maybe threads for different variety of drugs' solubility?

Last edited: