• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Maintaining with heroin?

LAYNECOBAIN

Greenlighter
I've been using opioids for about 3 years now, pushing 3 and a half, mostly on and off, I've completely detoxed over 5 times, starting very early on I beat it cold, then using perks, having someone ration dope out to me, then by buying street subs, and finally i gave up and went on suboxone, on suboxone I was clean from street opioids for a little over a year, before I fucked up and started using again, now I honestly dont wanna deal with the bullshit, they wanna make me go twice a week and I cant even get back on it because it makes me deathly sick and I'm not about to detox for days. I know this dope is actual dope because I pissed clean in less than 24 hours, when I was using fentanyl I'd be in withdrawal within 6 hours, with this stuff, I get a solid 12 to 24 hours before it becomes persistent. At this point I cant afford to keep getting high, and I dont wanna use suboxone because i want to gradually reduce my tolerance so that i can eventually get high again when I do have money. I've known many people who use oxys but do so in a manner in which they are ration the dosage to stay well when necessary, is there anyone else who does this with dope? Its really hard to not wanna use more, but I know it isnt gonna get me high so why not ration the shit you know? Asking the pros here haha.

In my opinion, any time the underlying motivation is to “get high again”, it never works well. Especially when incredibly potent opioids like buprenorphine are involved, there really is only one option to allow opioid receptor upregulation, and that’s complete abstinence. And, for the majority of us, that means the underlying motivation of wanting to get high again has to be dealt with, behaviorally, first.

I can say this, though, if you can keep your doses very low on oxycodone, then you’re 100% better off doing that than using buprenorphine.

The original question......
Maintaining with Heroine, is tough. Mostly due to the inconsistency of the drug. One batch may be quite good, strong and predictable, then the next batch you buy might be weak as near beer. You can't manage when you can't know the dose you need or have...

I'd say TRY to be tough and maintain a low level of opiate thats enough to not really feel alot, but enough to avoid being sick. IF you can do that you then have the self control to go cop a good buzz on the weekend and then Monday go back to your 'diet' of a couple low dose tabs per day.

We ALL do the same thing....that initial feeling is what we are seeking at 3pm....when we took a good size dose at 10am...and got a good buzz going. We want to feel that again asap, but from experience you KNOW that its probably not gonna happen till tomorrow..... until you sleep it off and recharge your receptors. You can take all you want, and you WILL get high as fuck, but you won;t feel the big rush from stone cold sober to way buzzed because you're already way buzzed....you've just become used to it. Trying again is a waste of time (and pills).

Back on the day when we had GOOD drugs, quaaludes, Trees, Mandrax, etc, we'd get that wonderful rush as it hit you first time and no matter how many you took, you couldn't duplicate that sensation until you slept off the initial high. But good Lord, it was a GOOD HIGH !
Thats also what kills so any people....they try to get that good feeling again by taking more and more, they pass out and either aspirate in their sleep and drown in their lunch, or they simply stop breathing while asleep. 90% of them were just trying to bump their buzz UP again..not pass out and die.
Knowing all this me and others started "timing" our partying. We'd wait to take our 'Ludes' knowing how long they'd last and how long we had to enjoy the feeling they provided. Often that meant waiting until later in the night or when the girlfriend was present so we could take that ride together since it enhanced "togetherness" by 100 times...If you have never experienced an orgasm AND a good Lude rush at the same time....you haven't lived yet.