• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Magnolia cannabinoids

(zonk)

Bluelighter
I was hoping someone could briefly clear this up for me. Magnolol and honokiol both have agonist actions at cb1 receptors. Honokiol more so but Magnolol's metabolite tetrahydromagnolol is way more potent but here's where what I'm reading throws me off. Most reports say it 17x more potent at cb2 receptors and greatly selective to cb2 over cb1 however other reports I've read say if i remember right it is 120x more potent at cb1 than magnolol. I can't seem to locate it's ki values for cb1? Also can't find much references to other magnolia compounds like tetrahydrohonokiol etc...

Do people report it as cannabamimetic? I'd say that's a bit more telling. Seems like it would be more popular and usage more prevalent if such is the case.

The Natural Product Magnolol as a Lead Structure for the Development of Potent Cannabinoid Receptor Agonists

2-(2-methoxy-5-propyl-phenyl)-4-hexylphenol.png

Ki CB1∶ 0.00957 µM; Ki CB2∶ 0.0238 µM

Tetrahydromagnolol is where the focus seems to be and is the one I'm wondering about. Not sure if honokiol analogs are the way to go as i can't seem to find info on them or don't have access to it

Magnolia is much closer to benzodiazepines than cannabis. The only simiarities are moderate munchies and weird cardio effects