• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Magical new pill keeps you high forever. Do it or not?

peak of an MDMA roll would be pretty cool

youd always be thirsty though so fuck that

id probably pass on this hypothetical pill

I'd say no because you'd get the sides from your medications.

Without the sides, Id love a strong opiate feel with a mix of a small dose of ativan.

But even if the sides weren't an issue, I'd still say no. You can't be high all of your life. How are you gonna drive? Are you gonna go to a funeral high as shit while everyone around you is crying? Are you just gonna have the munchies and eat tons of fast food everyday? Don't you think you'd ever in a position where you couldn't be high?

Do pharmaceuticals count? Because if it was something for depression without any side effects I'd probably give my right nut.

Still, there would be a point where it becomes equilibrium and is unrecognizable as being high.

But yes, I'd still do it and it would be opiates... I would almost definitely choose to use the "realfeel" just to switch things up and be able to appreciate my neverending opiate high

I don't think the others really understand what you are trying to say, he means that because you are permanently high, then being high would be the NEW normal in which you would take the "realfeel" pill which would in a way turn into the new high so to speak.

As to the original question omfg yes I would def finally take this pill and would choose a small dose of mdma or a decent dose of cocaine to be my permanent high. I wouldn't ever really see myself taking the realfeel because when on coke or mdma I'm very content with the way I feel until it starts to where off which would never happen so whoo hoo!!

Brilliant thread idea love this.

at first glance of course! But if you think deeply about it then no. If you were high all the time you wouldn't be "high". You'd get used to it and that would feel normal. There's only a high when there's a low to compare to.

at first glance of course! But if you think deeply about it then no. If you were high all the time you wouldn't be "high". You'd get used to it and that would feel normal. There's only a high when there's a low to compare to.
This is speculative and uneducated nonsense. As has been pointed out numerous times, that is not what tolerance is, and that is not how tolerance works.

Furthermore, it runs completely counter to the entire spirit of this thread and thought experiment, *even if* that actually WAS how tolerance works (which, again - it isn't), as the entire idea is just a fantasy anyways. So not only is trying to make this point ignorant and most definitely NOT clever, but completely pointless as well, since you're essentially just totally ignoring the actual question that has been posed, especially considering the very first two sentences the thread STARTED WITH (emphasis mine):

Lets say hypothetically a new drug came out that made your DOC or the feeling you get from them permanent. You would never grow tolerance the perfect euphoria side of it would never wear off, no such thing as a tolerance increase

Last edited:
This is speculative and uneducated nonsense. As has been pointed out numerous times, that is not what tolerance is, and that is not how tolerance works.

Furthermore, it runs completely counter to the entire spirit of this thread and thought experiment, *even if* that actually WAS how tolerance works (which, again - it isn't), as the entire idea is just a fantasy anyways. So not only is trying to make this point ignorant and most definitely NOT clever, but completely pointless as well, since you're essentially just totally ignoring the actual question that has been posed, especially considering the very first two sentences the thread STARTED WITH (emphasis mine):

How is this uneducated nonsense? I made a similar thread and multiple people said something along those lines. Don't call it uneducated nonsense because you don't like how it sounds. Also the question was "take the pill or not" I choose to not, not ruining the thread. Just answering his question and saying why.

Last edited:
I don't think the others really understand what you are trying to say, he means that because you are permanently high, then being high would be the NEW normal in which you would take the "realfeel" pill which would in a way turn into the new high so to speak.

As to the original question omfg yes I would def finally take this pill and would choose a small dose of mdma or a decent dose of cocaine to be my permanent high. I wouldn't ever really see myself taking the realfeel because when on coke or mdma I'm very content with the way I feel until it starts to where off which would never happen so whoo hoo!!

Brilliant thread idea love this.

But that's just not true. Please read my responses to him if you want to understand why.

Really? So how about orphans in the third world born into lives of abject misery, poverty, death and a daily struggle for survival who are miserable as hell? Would you say since they've never been truly happy their suffering isn't as bad as if you or I got depressed? If there was no tolerance, the same amount of neurotransmitter would be being released, and the feeling would be exactly the same. If the brain's feedback mechanisms were disabled, theres no reason why the brain should adjust to a subjectively pleasurable state - deep brain stimulation being a key example, where the FIRST HIT is just as good as the THOUSANDTH HIT, without the patients "getting used to it". Mania is another example and one I have experienced personally. You're getting confused about how the brain works because drug experiences and feelings are transient and assuming that the brain could never be wired to be in a non-transient emtotional state.

Really? So how about orphans in the third world born into lives of abject misery, poverty, death and a daily struggle for survival who are miserable as hell? Would you say since they've never been truly happy their suffering isn't as bad as if you or I got depressed? If there was no tolerance, the same amount of neurotransmitter would be being released, and the feeling would be exactly the same. If the brain's feedback mechanisms were disabled, theres no reason why the brain should adjust to a subjectively pleasurable state - deep brain stimulation being a key example, where the FIRST HIT is just as good as the THOUSANDTH HIT, without the patients "getting used to it". Mania is another example and one I have experienced personally. You're getting confused about how the brain works because drug experiences and feelings are transient and assuming that the brain could never be wired to be in a non-transient emtotional state.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. The reason we like being high is because it's an ultered state of consciousness. If high is the new normal then how is it an ultered state of consciousness?

personally I like being high exactly because of how it feels. Because it feels better than normal. I can do everything better with a warm opiate buzz, it is when it begins to wear off, or WD or money, family, NODing in front of others. For me it would be a minor opiate buzz, one where I do not NOD. Because there is no way you can keep any kind of a life or job if you are ALWAYS nodding. So just like a stimulating oxy dose or something.

We aren't saying this is how tolerance works did you ever hear us mention tolerance?? I'm sorry your mind just can't grasp around what we are trying to say. We aren't saying that because you are high all the time you would build a tolerance..... we are stating that if you were high all the time it wouldn't be high because, as the guy above stated, there isn't any low to compare it to. It's really not that hard of a concept to understand I'm sorry you can't undead I really am but don't say that we are wrong because you can't understand it. You are the definition of ignorant.

No I would not take it.

As much as I loved high dose psilocybin, and LSD experiences, and how those drugs made me feel, I would not want to be perma-tripping, or constantly high on them. The same goes for being stoned, drunk, or on low doses of oxycodone or dexedrine.

A good way to test logic is to work backwards from your theory.

So assume we are now talking about the same orphans, except on this particular occasion, instead of being sodomized and enslaved, they get to take the day off from chores and each receive a Tootsie Roll.

Being that this candy is the first substance in the past decade to hit their mouths that wasn't porridge, the experience of eating a tootsie roll provides them with the single most euphoric moment of their lives.

Following your logic, we should all be helplessly addicted to them Tootsies, popping one every so often, eventually working up to a halloween night's worth per week.

There are drugs that will make you high much longer and on LESS than you usually take. I believe they are called MAO inhibitors.