• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Magical new pill keeps you high forever. Do it or not?

Mad Dash

Bluelight Crew
Lets say hypothetically a new drug came out that made your DOC or the feeling you get from them permanent. You would never grow tolerance the perfect euphoria side of it would never wear off, no such thing as a tolerance increase, but along with it went all of the permanent side effects. Like lets say it is opiates, you will never have to worry about WD again or tolerance issues, but constipation, itchiness, insomnia, etc... would all be a part of the game.

Would you do it? And do you think you would finally be happy? Or would you go on the streets to buy realfeel which allows you to experiance life as a normal person but you grow tolerance and can withdraw from it.

Personally I think I would do it and it would be for opiates. And I don't think I would ever need to purchase realfeel, but would be happy to know it existed.

Obviously any opiate user is going to say yes.

So yes.

And fuck realfeel

Uhm, fuck yes!

The initial 30 seconds after a huge shot of dope, mixed with about 20mg of xanax. Or If I wanted to go completely to the left of that, in terms of straight POWERFUL euphoria, a bell ringing shot of cocaine, but I would be unable to function because there's been bell ringers I've done where I was certain I was going to die, and I would quickly grab a pad and scribble gibberish down on a pad trying to tell my family how much I loved them, only to wake up a few minutes (?) later alive.

But yes, I absolutely would.

Hell, I'm on suboxone now, and have a huge xanax monkey on my back right now anyway so why the hell not...

Personally I don't support the idea of doing anything to feel happy.

My DOC is weed and a constant weed high will become annoying. Especially that annoying desire to eat. I rather live forever on the first 15mins of consuming alcohol.
It's the perfect mixture of goofyness and euphoria with a slight numbing glow.

Though I'm all about that body high euphoria it's just not normal to be that stupidly happy forever ahah.

P.s. this is more of a DC thread

Assuming the high was at it's peak and was the good part of the high all the way through, absolutely. I'd choose opiates. Assuming my brain could compensate for all of the drugs for the rest of my life, I'd eventually get used to it but I'd be just extra happy I suppose.

Personally I don't support the idea of doing anything to feel happy.

My DOC is weed and a constant weed high will become annoying. Especially that annoying desire to eat. I rather live forever on the first 15mins of consuming alcohol.
It's the perfect mixture of goofyness and euphoria with a slight numbing glow.

Though I'm all about that body high euphoria it's just not normal to be that stupidly happy forever ahah.

P.s. this is more of a DC thread

Yeah, you're right. It's normal to be miserable sometimes, anxious, unhappy, bored. But is that desirable? If I could take that pill the OP suggested I would take it in a heartbeat. Negative emotions may have had some value on the African savannah to encourage us to pass our genes on, but they have no useful function in modern society.

Assuming the high was at it's peak and was the good part of the high all the way through, absolutely. I'd choose opiates. Assuming my brain could compensate for all of the drugs for the rest of my life, I'd eventually get used to it but I'd be just extra happy I suppose.

You wouldn't get used to it. Pure pleasure isn't what the brain builds a tolerance to - an ecstatic feeling is an ecstatic feeling. When they use direct brain stimulation to stimulate the pleasure center of the brain, the "hit" it provides is just as good the first time as the thousandth time. Tolerance to drugs isn't just becoming accustomed to the psychological state, it's a physiological mechanism in that the same amount of drug wont produce the same neurotransmitter response.

Still, there would be a point where it becomes equilibrium and is unrecognizable as being high.

But yes, I'd still do it and it would be opiates... I would almost definitely choose to use the "realfeel" just to switch things up and be able to appreciate my neverending opiate high

Last edited:
yes and a moderate tramadol high when my tolerance was at its lowest. Constant subtle opiate glow with a boost in motivation and hardly any itchiness plus more ease in going to sleep and waking up. It's not too far off baseline to impede daily functioning yet it's still very pleasurable and euphoric. The only problem with this would be the constant eye shaking and inability to focus.

Still, there would be a point where it becomes equilibrium and is unrecognizable as being high.

But yes, I'd still do it and it would be opiates... I would almost definitely choose to use the "realfeel" just to switch things up and be able to appreciate my neverending opiate high

Direct brain stimulation shows no tolerance to the pleasurable effect. That demonstrates that its not a law of neuroscience that all happy feelings must become attuned to. I thought the whole point of the hypothetical pill was that there would be no tolerance or adjustment to the high. It's theoretically possible for a joyous feeling to be carried on indefinitely.

You wouldn't get used to it. Pure pleasure isn't what the brain builds a tolerance to - an ecstatic feeling is an ecstatic feeling. When they use direct brain stimulation to stimulate the pleasure center of the brain, the "hit" it provides is just as good the first time as the thousandth time. Tolerance to drugs isn't just becoming accustomed to the psychological state, it's a physiological mechanism in that the same amount of drug wont produce the same neurotransmitter response.

Actually, your brain would compensate for the change in neurochemistry, wouldn't it? Look at meth heads, they are essentially always high but eventually no matter how much they do, the high just isn't the same anymore and that's because the brain has been rewired to the chemical change so it stops the normal functioning that the chemical is replacing.

Hell yes. A high dose of hydrocodone (despite using hydromorphone and oxycodone the last 6 years, hydrocodone in the past is actually what gave me the nicest feeling highs) and a sub-psychedelic dose of LSD.

That's really not how tolerance works.

Actually, your brain would compensate for the change in neurochemistry, wouldn't it? Look at meth heads, they are essentially always high but eventually no matter how much they do, the high just isn't the same anymore and that's because the brain has been rewired to the chemical change so it stops the normal functioning that the chemical is replacing.
Yes but there are specific biochemical mechanisms that effect such "rewiring", it's not something that just magically happens because you happen to feel high. If you could block said mechanisms, you very well could feel just as high forever.

That's really not how tolerance works.

I understand that's not how tolerance works. But in this scenario I hypothesis this is what would happen. And yes to the sub psychedelic dose of LSD

Uhm, fuck yes!

The initial 30 seconds after a huge shot of dope, mixed with about 20mg of xanax. Or If I wanted to go completely to the left of that, in terms of straight POWERFUL euphoria, a bell ringing shot of cocaine, but I would be unable to function because there's been bell ringers I've done where I was certain I was going to die, and I would quickly grab a pad and scribble gibberish down on a pad trying to tell my family how much I loved them, only to wake up a few minutes (?) later alive.

But yes, I absolutely would.

Hell, I'm on suboxone now, and have a huge xanax monkey on my back right now anyway so why the hell not...

That is actually kind of what made me come up with this idea. I essentially take 8mg bupe and 10 mg diazepam daily and for whatever reason I have never had to raise my dose, yet I always feel slightly buzzed. My current doc is going to let me stay on bupe for as long as I need it. Which in reality is as much for my opiate addiction as it is for my pain. So until he does not practice medicine anymore. It has not made my life hard to live, as long as I take it daily. Only problem I could see is zombie apocalypse or some shit. But hey if that happens first thing I'm doing is raiding the pharmacy and slowly winding my way out, with a prepped syringe ready to go incase they break into the store. Then it is bye bye time.

Every time Im hooked on something I think the same shit.

"God I hope the apocalypse doesn't happen soon. Id be fucked." Thatd be my type of luck though lol.

Yes with drugs your brain compensates to maintain equilibrium, what I'm trying to tell you is that it's not impossible for the mechanisms behind tolerance to be disabled and that it's not the feeling of happiness or pleasure that you are adjusting to, it's your brain adjusting to the drug itself. That's why direct brain stimulation shows no tolerance, proving that the feeling of pleasure and joy isn't impossible to sustain forever, and that what you said about the high of the hypothetical pill "becoming normal" isn't right. Indeed, there are cases where one can feel ecstatically happy for long periods of time, mania being a prominent example.

Why are we arguing about whether or not the brain would compensate? We are talking about a pill that gets you high forever for fucks sake...