• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Magic mushrooms help

zagor

Bluelighter
Can you feel high with shrooms but avoid a trip? I tried micro dosing but it doesn't help my distress/ptsd and what not. Is there a dose that would help and avoid the trip? I only have golden teacher. I used up to 700 mg and...nothing :(

Let me just add that I am almost done taper from amps which made me feel like a wreck. I am still on suboxone though. I am on 1 anti depressant (trintellix) and clonazepam but benzos do nothing either. I feel the bupe is blocking shroom effect. I don't wanna blow my brains but every day is living hell. Don't suggest shrinks please.

Probably. 1.2 grams sounds like the sweet spot. But mushroom and 4-ho-met just made me feel weird overall.

However if you feel suicidal get some ketamine. Serotonergic psychedelics don't help much with suicidal ideation.

Personal experience says they do indeed.

OP, try 1g and then go up by 200mg.

Interesting perhaps they do. However the volatility of thought and ego loss can be dangerous. 4-aco-dmt in particular felt discouraging to me.

This person also mentions an antidepressant in use. Certainly antidepressants make serotonergic antidepressants ineffective.

Of course its always worth a try. Higher doses would be better than microdoses. Microdosed LSD has a more immediate antidepressant effect but seem to have a rebound. 4-ho-met seems more antisuicidal than 4-aco-dmt (or mushrooms).

It's weird for me personally because I can only speak from personal experience. Psilocybin mushroom use improved my life and helped me with suicidal ideation.

My suicidal ideation only returned after subsequent meth and alcohol use.

just took 800 mg. 400 today thats 1.2 g Lets see what happens

It's weird for me personally because I can only speak from personal experience. Psilocybin mushroom use improved my life and helped me with suicidal ideation.

My suicidal ideation only returned after subsequent meth and alcohol use.
For those that mushrooms works for, they are ideal for almost any mental illness

Probably. 1.2 grams sounds like the sweet spot. But mushroom and 4-ho-met just made me feel weird overall.

However if you feel suicidal get some ketamine. Serotonergic psychedelics don't help much with suicidal ideation.
Ketamine and lsd is not available to me

Ketamine and lsd is not available to me

Which antidepressant are you taking?

From your other post you appear to be coming off of amphetamines. This is possibly the bulk of your problem. This will pass in time of course.

Which antidepressant are you taking?

From your other post you appear to be coming off of amphetamines. This is possibly the bulk of your problem. This will pass in time of course.
Trintellix. Yes, the amps have caused real mental havoc.

BTW, after the 400mg, 7 hours later I took 800mg from a different provider and I felt much better.

Trintellix. Yes, the amps have caused real mental havoc.

BTW, after the 400mg, 7 hours later I took 800mg from a different provider and I felt much better.
Good news then!
It's probably best to avoid psychedelics if you're on serotonergic antidepressants, or at least stick to low doses.
How long have you been taking that antidepressant? Just so you know suicidal ideation is a potential side effect of Vortioxetine. Quitting amps can make you depressed as well but, as negrogesic said, that will pass eventually.

If you’ve never tripped before I think you might have a hard time finding that middle ground, especially with shrooms. There’s a fine line between tripping and just feeling a little funny or however you wanna describe it. For me mushrooms are extremely subtle at small doses until it absolutely isn’t. With average strength cubensis this might happen at a dose around 1-1.2 grams dried, but there are a lot of variables. I’m experimenting with micro doses as well and I think the key is to not expect some huge, extremely perceptible difference, but rather embrace the subtlety of the experience and be patient, otherwise you’ll want a little bit more until boom, you’re tripping. One dose isn’t gonna magically fix everything. It’s more of a regiment and it doesn’t work for everyone.

Can you feel high with shrooms but avoid a trip? I tried micro dosing but it doesn't help my distress/ptsd and what not. Is there a dose that would help and avoid the trip? I only have golden teacher. I used up to 700 mg and...nothing :(

Let me just add that I am almost done taper from amps which made me feel like a wreck. I am still on suboxone though. I am on 1 anti depressant (trintellix) and clonazepam but benzos do nothing either. I feel the bupe is blocking shroom effect. I don't wanna blow my brains but every day is living hell. Don't suggest shrinks please.
You mention you tried microdosing, what was the dosage and duration of your trial? I would say microdosing is your best bet at using mushrooms for mid-long term treatment. But in saying that I've got a friend or two who seemed to be completely cured of anxiety/depression resulting from chronic mephedrone use with a single larger dose of mushrooms (3-4g). These were UK psilocybe semilanceata though, so probably akin to 5-6g of cubensis.
The SSRI will be your biggest roadblock in gauging an ideal dosage, seconded by their high variability in regards to potency and dosage from person to person.
I personally would 100% feel 0.8g of cubensis, and 1.8g is a +++ full on experience. 1/8th of an ounce had me tripping uncomfortably hard. Whereas most of my friends could easily handle a full 1/8th, some went as high as 10g single dose teas and seemed fine. So they vary a lot between people.

When I was microdosing to try and combat stress related anxiety and depression I started on 0.3g of semi's every second day, which was too high and would struggle with relaxation and sleep, the following dose dropped to 0.2g, then 0.1g, tried a few doses inbetween, daily and every second day, eventually settling on 0.1g a day. I had to keep this up for a good week, maybe two, before I started to feel any difference in terms of mental health benefits.

Also how much do you weigh, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
You can take anywhere from .5 grams to 1.5 grams (depending on your tolerance and the potency of the shrooms) for a mild trip. It will still be trippy and you could still have a bad experience but it won't be anywhere near as strong as if you took a high dose and is generally a lot more manageable.

You mention you tried microdosing, what was the dosage and duration of your trial? I would say microdosing is your best bet at using mushrooms for mid-long term treatment. But in saying that I've got a friend or two who seemed to be completely cured of anxiety/depression resulting from chronic mephedrone use with a single larger dose of mushrooms (3-4g). These were UK psilocybe semilanceata though, so probably akin to 5-6g of cubensis.
The SSRI will be your biggest roadblock in gauging an ideal dosage, seconded by their high variability in regards to potency and dosage from person to person.
I personally would 100% feel 0.8g of cubensis, and 1.8g is a +++ full on experience. 1/8th of an ounce had me tripping uncomfortably hard. Whereas most of my friends could easily handle a full 1/8th, some went as high as 10g single dose teas and seemed fine. So they vary a lot between people.

When I was microdosing to try and combat stress related anxiety and depression I started on 0.3g of semi's every second day, which was too high and would struggle with relaxation and sleep, the following dose dropped to 0.2g, then 0.1g, tried a few doses inbetween, daily and every second day, eventually settling on 0.1g a day. I had to keep this up for a good week, maybe two, before I started to feel any difference in terms of mental health benefits.

Also how much do you weigh, if you don't mind me asking?
Well I started the wrong way. I mean I started OK and started feeling better after 10 days but then I ran out. 2 Weeks later I took 400 mg and then 6-7 hours later another 800 and I got high. I laughed from my heart which didn't happen in many years. But it was short lived.

The next day I took 1.3 grams and felt so bad for about an hour. Day later took 800 and felt nothing.

So I think I have to start all over.
I am 6"2, 245 lbs

I am afraid suboxone is blocking all the good stuff I can get. For instance, I cannot feel opioids any more-at all-ever.

My brother who is only 150 lbs started micro-dosing 0.1, 3 days after 0.2 and 3 days later 0.3. So far nothing but he is on celexa.