Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Magazine Article

xtcxtc

Bluelighter
xtcxtc interviews.

starting p30 of the latest issue of "monthly" magazine there is an article about me. some of you might find it an interesting read. :)

Last edited:
never heard of "monthly" but I bet you it'll be hard to find online.

Results 1 - 10 of about 64,000,000 for "monthly magazine". (0.26 seconds)

xtcxtc said:
starting p30 of the latest issue of "monthly" magazine there is an article about me. some of you might find it an interesting read.

Can you post a transcript or type it in? I'd be interested to read it.

on the condition that you provide new pics to the work warning section, ill go check it out

preacha said:
on the condition that you provide new pics to the work warning section, ill go check it out

LOL -- nice to know someone appreciates them given most of the comments are not flattering.

excerpt that will not appear in online version >>

You are the champion!” The Girls are draped over him like it’s a Bond film. The whole scene is performed with a touch of vaudeville. Alan hams it up too, giving them each a big victory hug. I remember what Alan said about Olive being “the world’s biggest bullshitter”. She calls Alan “master of the universe” again. It makes me smile, because during the rugby that afternoon Alan told me that Tom Wolfe’s Bonfire of the Vanities is among his top five novels. I think of the central character, Wall Street raider Sherman McCoy, who constantly refers to himself as a “master of the universe”. Olive may be a bullshitter but she sure knows her stuff.

The pool games provide a glimpse of a more boisterous, social Alan xxxxx. Afterwards he sits down on the couch, and The Girls sit down too, taking to Alan’s toenails with white nail polish. There’s a flirtatious buzz to the conversation. Olive teases Ruby for being stupid. “She doesn’t even now her ABC. Ruby, say your ABC.”

Ruby flicks back her hair and starts with “Zzzzay”. Olive laughs. Alan gently teases Olive for being crass. His nails continue to get whiter, one by one. “This is a first for me. I’m not usually in the habit of painting my toenails.”

The Girls and I drink Baileys while Olive’s relatives rack up game after game of pool. Alan is still sipping iced coffee from his mini-thermos. He very rarely drinks alcohol at home, and as he almost never leaves home, he very rarely drinks at all. For no good reason – maybe it’s free association on the topic of nails – I ask him if he is a recluse like Howard Hughes.

“Certainly I am a bit of a recluse, given that I don’t go out very often. I tend to hate the heat. In the six months I’ve been living here I haven’t even been to the mall. How far away is it – 300 yards?”

Generally he leaves his apartment only to swim and to sunbake, which explains the trim torso and tanned legs that stretch out from his running shorts. Occasionally, however, Alan brings the world to him. “I have some of the most fantastic parties, totally inconceivable to most males. Anyway, they are assisted enormously by e. They wouldn’t happen without it in the same way at all … I do have a fondness for the drug. I don’t do it very often.”

Alan’s Manila parties are smallish affairs, but back in Hong Kong he and his friends hosted bashes that were nothing short of legendary. Invitations were handed out to anyone in the discos who he or his friends thought looked appealing. Often Alan would dodge the crowds at his own mega-dos, avoiding the heat and the hundreds and staying in his air-conditioned bedroom.

Eventually Olive and Ruby head off to get changed. We’re going out to the girlie bars in the Makati red-light district. Initially I’m surprised that The Girls are coming, and my surprise doubles when my host tells me that Olive, in particular, enjoys flirting with the dancers, helping to choose the ones to pick up, to take home. Alan tables cards that most interviewees would clutch firmly to their chest. I suspect it has something to do with his philosophies for living life. He is an avowed libertarian, a believer in free will, a loather of interference from governments and interest groups. His favourite book is Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged. He dislikes wowsers, such as those on the Christian Right, and says the three principles he tried to teach his children – he has a son and a daughter from his first marriage – were to tell the truth, to have a positive outlook and to take a realistic view of themselves.

“I once asked a best friend how often he made love, and he said ‘once a month’. Once a month! This was bizarre to me. I suspect I have a much higher sexual desire, even at age 60, compared to guys aged 30. One of the differences is they go to work each day and so they come home at night and they’re tired, whereas I don’t have to go to work … Not having to go to work is a great libido-enhancer in terms of making love.”

We catch a taxi to the red-light district, stepping out of the air-conditioned cabin and into a corridor of neon. Apart from the odd stray convenience store, it’s very much a single-commodity strip: “Girls”, “Sexy Girls”, “Karaoke”. As soon as our feet hit the footpath, the clamour begins from the spruikers on the doors of the various bars.

“Alan xxxxx! Over here! Alan xxxxx!”

Alan ignores them and we walk into a place called Billboard. Inside, the gimmick is that some of the staff are wearing colourful, cotton, all-in-one construction suits. Further in, there’s another group who are not.

Last edited:
Interesting article champ, obviously i have no reason to believe this is not you, and so assuming it is, good for you.

I like the ideals you have taught your children. You sound like a smart man.

I also get the impression you are financially secure. I dont envy that as I imagine it can have many pitfalls.

Keep smiling bro.

Is that the whole article Alan? I was really getting into it and then it just ended... or maybe that's the magazine's style.

Really interesting! I feel like I know a bit more about you now.

What are the pitfalls of being financially secure?

Edit: I'll be sure to pick up the magazine for the whole article. I've been eyeing that one on the shelves anyway.

Beatlebot said:
What are the pitfalls of being financially secure?

Edit: I'll be sure to pick up the magazine for the whole article. I've been eyeing that one on the shelves anyway.

Well there is financially secure and then there is financially secure.

I spent many years of my life training young up and coming football players.

Many of them have gone on to become household names throughout England and in some cases the world.

Pitfall #1.

Its amazing how many friends you have when you have money and yet how few you have when things are tough. I have seen mates go from the top to the bottom and also seen there friends dissapear.

Hence the pitfall of not knowing for sure just who your true friends really are.

Pitfall #2.

Unless you keep it pretty quiet then its incredible how many hard line stories you will get from people wanting a hand out.

I could go on and on................its not all cookies and cream.

Am I well off? No far from it, but I will always be there for my mates, no matter what.

Well I've never been financially secure but I have had a few windfalls in my life, so I know what you mean.

xtcxtc, I bought the magazine today and read the article on the walk home :) Interesting stuff, it's always good to get a window on a life so different to your own :)

I look forward to reading the full article. There's also an interesting article that was published in the Economist a few years ago.

Being outrageous wealthy is different to being financially secure.

I don't really see any pitfalls to being able to afford to pay all your bills, except perhaps not having anything to complain about.