• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

MA temporarily bans ALL vape/e-cig products & flavors

Effect

Bluelighter
Yesterday Massachusetts governor Charlie Baker decided to impose an immediate ban on all vape products and flavors. The ban extends for 4 months, which brings the end date to late January 2020 (an exact 4 months would bring the date to Jan 24th, 2020) and has many small business owners very upset.

I personally do not agree with the way this ban was imposed. I understand the idea of looking into potential health risks, but it has been well documented that a vast majority of the underage people who are suffering with pulmonary issues have stated that they consumed THC cartridges purchased from the street. Putting a ban on regulated products does not make sense to me.

Below is an article from ''The Washington Post':

Why don't they put a proper regulatory system in place instead? Start by allowing minimal ingredients and add others after they are tested for safety. People have been using e-cigarettes since 2004 and now all of the sudden a significant number of people who have started using them fairly recently are getting very sick all at once. This really seems like a problem with a new additive or additives.

A lot of people will go back to smoking cigarettes. That's probably the idea though. I don't think Juul has many lobbyists. I guess this also applies to oil cartridges from dispensaries? I'm not sure how those are more dangerous than any other method of inhalation except when produced in someone's basement.

It seems that all of the deaths so far were likely caused by Vitamin E used in black market cartridges. What a fantastic idea to respond by pressuring people addicted to drugs into sourcing from the black market. Truly a novel and visionary method of harm reduction.

Smoke shops are definitely still selling their remaining stock to customers they recognize though. They haven't even taken down the signs in their windows and I bought some this week at the first shop I stopped at.

Last edited:
juul is owned by Philip Morris, so they probably do have many lobbyists.

I guess it's just sheer stupidity instead of greed then? Honestly it almost makes it more infuriating somehow.

Yeah makes sense to ban e cigs for health reasons but regular cigs are still available

Should be banned forever, I never understood why they were created or why people used them in the first place, and no I don't want an answer, thanks reader.

People used them because they thought it was healthier then smoking. They got that wrong

My sexy, unbanned vape 😍
Liquid nicotine is illegal to buy here in Australia, but I found a local store that sells pre-nicced juices for a fraction of the cost of importing and making your own.
Ignorant fuckers out there....

My sexy, unbanned vape 😍
Liquid nicotine is illegal to buy here in Australia, but I found a local store that sells pre-nicced juices for a fraction of the cost of importing and making your own.
Ignorant fuckers out there....
Wow never would have guessed a nation wide Aussie ban of nic juices

Wow never would have guessed a nation wide Aussie ban of nic juices

We can import it, but yeah, it's illegal to sell/buy it here. However, nicotine filled cigarettes are perfectly legal. Makes sense, right? 😠

They did this in Michigan like 2 weeks ago, the shops took the stuff off the shelfs then like 2 days ago they put a moratorium on the ban and stores put them back on shelves again lol..I was pissed at the ban , and I don't even vape, so fuckin stupid.. freedom hating pricks..

why do they blame companies for targeting kids by having flavors. adults like flavors too.