• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ma Huang (ephedra sinica)

WasteLand Warrior

Bluelighter
Hey fellow blue lighters I need your knowledge help and advice. So I've been feeling pretty lethargic and lazy and unproductive lately and started to do a little research on things to pep me up, I stumbled upon Ma Huang tea and I bought it, it took a month to get here maybe even a little longer cuz it came from China but I really want to know if you guys have any information on it. Any ways to make it stronger or any tips on how to brew it properly??! Anything to potentiate the effects? Is it even really worth it brewing or drinking! If anyone here has tried it did you feel effects? I can't get any Adderall for the life of me and am looking for something to give my ass energy! Or do you guys have any good recommendations to f stuff to try to pep me up? (No meth those days are long gone, coke I feel like is such a waste of money!) I'm looking for constructive energy ex. Doing house bitch work, having the energy and stamina to do things after work and gives me a nice buzz!!! Thanks my fellow clan appreciate ya!

Well so Ma Huang is the ephedra plant and it contains ephedrine, which is of course methamphetamine with the addition of a hydroxyl group at the beta position of the amine-bearing ethyl chain. It is possible to isolate the ephedrine and reduce it stereospecifically to d-methamphetamine, but it’s also risky given how illegal it is. Otherwise, ephedrine is a fairly useful stimulant if a little on the gritty side. It also causes a good bit of tachycardia so go easy on this stuff.

You're better off going to the pharmacy and asking for a box of bronkaid (ephedrine sulfate). You need to show ID but thats it. The ephedra sold on ebay that comes from china is questionable. Some might work i suppose.

Yeah it isnt a good one. Definitely a viable functional stimulant though. Not recreational, about as good as cyclazone, slightly worse.

Back when I was 18/19, and my receptors were relative virgins, I used to LOVE ephedrine. They used to sell Yellowjacket pills at the gas station, they had 300mg of caffeine and 30mg of ephedrine (or maybe 25mg) each. I'd take 2 and be flying, very euphoric, just awesome. As time went on, ephedrine started to become way too adrenergic, and now I can't imagine taking 600mg of caffeine even by itself, let alone with ephedrine. Even 25-50mg of ephedrine gets my heart pounding more than I like.

They used to sell Yellowjacket pills at the gas station
Ah man, you just took me back. But even at that age, I knew when I'd overdone it – too much caffeine and ephedrine is an awful, uncomfortably energetic feeling of skin-crawling proportions. Later I tried isolated ephedrine and it's just like you said: “way too adrenergic”.

Those Yellow Jackets were some badass little motherfuckers though, weren't they?

High school days we'd get pharm "yellow jackets" that were a combo of methamphetamine & an anti depressant, cant recall the Rx name ...

Any other old timers out there?

The best ever though is when the mail order 25mg ephedrine started becoming popular in the 80s, a girl I knew from HS would trade me 15 of her monthly desoxyn script for 75 of em'

She "liked them better sometimes"
Literally cost me like treefidy.

High school days we'd get pharm "yellow jackets" that were a combo of methamphetamine & an anti depressant, cant recall the Rx name ...

The only thing close to that I’ve ever heard being in the market in the U.S. was dexamyl, amphetamine and a barbiturate. It was marketed for obesity and depression, among other things.

The only pharmaceutical meth I’ve ever heard of is desoxyn. I’m not saying you’re wrong, but if this meth and antidepressant combo pharmaceutical ever existed I never heard of it. Maybe someone else can weigh in. What years are we talking here?

Late 70s
I recall reading they were highly popular (and highly addictive) moreso in the sixties ...
Only used them a few times compared to all the other pharm' amp that were everywhere to be had then.

White crosses ( combo of amphet & methamphet were sold by the gram via triple beam scales

So there’s Dexamyl and Desbutal.
Dexamyl is d-amphetamine and sodium amobarbital.
Desbutal is 5 mg methamphetamine.hcl and 30 mg sodium pentobarbital.
Here’s a not-so-helpful-though-on-topic, photo:

nf4kuogzli141.jpg

Back when I was 18/19, and my receptors were relative virgins, I used to LOVE ephedrine. They used to sell Yellowjacket pills at the gas station, they had 300mg of caffeine and 30mg of ephedrine (or maybe 25mg) each. I'd take 2 and be flying, very euphoric, just awesome. As time went on, ephedrine started to become way too adrenergic, and now I can't imagine taking 600mg of caffeine even by itself, let alone with ephedrine. Even 25-50mg of ephedrine gets my heart pounding more than I like.
I loved these as a teenager too! Before the ephedrine ban I was hardcore into yellow jackets and black beauties. Once I tried amphetamine I went to these less often having learned that stimulants can be euphoric not just stimulating.

Late 70s
I recall reading they were highly popular (and highly addictive) moreso in the sixties ...
Only used them a few times compared to all the other pharm' amp that were everywhere to be had then.

White crosses ( combo of amphet & methamphet were sold by the gram via triple beam scales
The ones we called white crosses were 'triple action ephedrine" and they came in 50 packs at the gas station.

Back on topic I like this tea!! I used to buy it pre ephedrine ban at the healthfood store. More energy than coffee or tea!

Back on topic I like this tea!! I used to buy it pre ephedrine ban at the healthfood store. More energy than coffee or tea!
Worth a try? I know of a reputable vendor local enough to me.

Any advice on preparation etc?

Definitely worth a try!! I used to use about a teaspoonful for a to go mug of boiling water. I never bothered straining it. I just tossed the shredded ma Huang in and by the time it's cool enough to drink it's ready. Feels better than/different than bronkaid imho but there are also other alkaloids in ma Huang than just ephedrine.

I used to mix the ma huang in with loose yerba mate to get a good buzz. Mate has lots of caffeine/theobromine and I like to ad methylxanthines to other stimulants.