• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ma Huang (ephedra sinica)

I used to mix the ma huang in with loose yerba mate to get a good buzz. Mate has lots of caffeine/theobromine and I like to ad methylxanthines to other stimulants.
I was searching for info on pamabrom (8-bromotheophylline) and found this post... So you inspired me to order theobromine powder as well as guaifenesin. (Plus some quinine/cinchona extract to test that as a potentiator for real.)

The theophylline addition to amphetamine in Captagon is supposed to boost the effects quite a bit - even though fenethylline isn't made on the black market, they still bother to add in caffeine and aminophylline to the pills, not just amphetamine.

Since getting an Rx for -phylline is too much work (and pamabrom seems mainly just diuretic), I'll try adding -bromine to some amp./dexamp. tablets and use my imagination to make believe I'm popping Captagon in sunny Lebanon.:cool:

Hey fellow blue lighters I need your knowledge help and advice. So I've been feeling pretty lethargic and lazy and unproductive lately and started to do a little research on things to pep me up, I stumbled upon Ma Huang tea and I bought it, it took a month to get here maybe even a little longer cuz it came from China but I really want to know if you guys have any information on it. Any ways to make it stronger or any tips on how to brew it properly??! Anything to potentiate the effects? Is it even really worth it brewing or drinking! If anyone here has tried it did you feel effects? I can't get any Adderall for the life of me and am looking for something to give my ass energy! Or do you guys have any good recommendations to f stuff to try to pep me up? (No meth those days are long gone, coke I feel like is such a waste of money!) I'm looking for constructive energy ex. Doing house bitch work, having the energy and stamina to do things after work and gives me a nice buzz!!! Thanks my fellow clan appreciate ya!
Previous year was tripping to south and saw big meadows with ephedra sinica.This obviously grows in more desert areas.Never saw them in other parts.Make a tea with no more than couple of grams.It was much more stimulating than cofea.Taste its not bad."Mormons tea" call it somewhere.

Hey fellow blue lighters I need your knowledge help and advice. So I've been feeling pretty lethargic and lazy and unproductive lately and started to do a little research on things to pep me up, I stumbled upon Ma Huang tea and I bought it, it took a month to get here maybe even a little longer cuz it came from China but I really want to know if you guys have any information on it. Any ways to make it stronger or any tips on how to brew it properly??! Anything to potentiate the effects? Is it even really worth it brewing or drinking! If anyone here has tried it did you feel effects? I can't get any Adderall for the life of me and am looking for something to give my ass energy! Or do you guys have any good recommendations to f stuff to try to pep me up? (No meth those days are long gone, coke I feel like is such a waste of money!) I'm looking for constructive energy ex. Doing house bitch work, having the energy and stamina to do things after work and gives me a nice buzz!!! Thanks my fellow clan appreciate ya!
Very interesting... I never looked up Ma HUANG thinking that it was banned because definitely know ephedrine made from it. Huh sounds very nice though!;)

Previous year was tripping to south and saw big meadows with ephedra sinica.This obviously grows in more desert areas.Never saw them in other parts.Make a tea with no more than couple of grams.It was much more stimulating than cofea.Taste its not bad."Mormons tea" call it somewhere.
I made tea from 'bala root'that I bought online 10+ years ago. I believe it's an herb native to the Indian subcontinent that contains ephedrine alkaloids but was not banned like ma huang was.

It tasted a little rough on its own, but blended with yerba mate, it was fine. Sipping on it with a quid of coca leaf packed in my cheek, I got great effects -- very "well-rounded" in the boost its gave to intellect, ego, and physical endurance, making it great for productivity (as long as you could keep your green mouth out of sight).

That sounds me like on S.American continent.Lucky you to buy a coca leaf 🌿 from local market,chew and take a pictures:)

That sounds me like on S.American continent.Lucky you to buy a coca leaf🌿

Unfortunately, I've never made it to S. America, but I guess that makes me extra lucky to have been able to buy coca leaves. Dried whole leaves which hadn't been de-cocainized were available a decade ago from a vendor based in the city I lived in, which was convenient. They even sold llipta + lejía, the traditional alkaline pastes used to increase the amount of cocaine extracted from the leaves (though I mostly used baking soda).

The best ever though is when the mail order 25mg ephedrine started becoming popular in the 80s, a girl I knew from HS would trade me 15 of her monthly desoxyn script for 75 of em'

She "liked them better sometimes"
Literally cost me like treefidy.
Oh wow!
How did Desoxyn feel in comparison to street grade?
I bet it was cleaner feeling with slightest need to redose when it wore off.?

Question for ya’ll..

For those that don’t drink coffee/caffeine daily, and actually get a decent buzz off it still. What’s better/euphoric? Ma huang/ephedrine or coffee/caffeine?

-GC

Question for ya’ll..

For those that don’t drink coffee/caffeine daily, and actually get a decent buzz off it still. What’s better/euphoric? Ma huang/ephedrine or coffee/caffeine?

-GC
I've always liked the combination of caffeine with ephedrine. When I was in high school it was still very easy to buy products that combined caffeine with ephedrine at gas stations such as Yellow Jackets, Black Beauties, and Yellow Swarms. Black beauties were always my favorite.

All those products were banned nearly two decades ago now, though. I discovered Adderall, meth, and MDMA shortly after my biggest period of ephedrine use and after that ephedrine became something I only used on rare occasions. Especially once I got an Adderall script.

Yellowjackets were the caffeine + ephedrine, I used to love those things in college. Yellow Swarm is what they released after Yellowjackets got banned, they're just caffeine plus a few potentiators. They still sell them, I buy packs of 6 bottles on ebay for super cheap, and use them as my caffeine source (I prefer pure caffeine to coffee by a large margin as I find it far cleaner).

Question for ya’ll..

Question for ya’ll..

-GC
Both of them act like stimulants.Preffer coffea in the morning,because like the taste and afternoons some green tea.So-caffein.Ephedra herb is more stimulating,but also have this effect-tachypylaxia,which means that quickly became acustumize to its effects and must up the dose

Both of them act like stimulants.Preffer coffea in the morning,because like the taste and afternoons some green tea.So-caffein.Ephedra herb is more stimulating,but also have this effect-tachypylaxia,which means that quickly became acustumize to its effects and must up the dose
Ephedrine develops a tolerance due to its direct and indirect (via neurotransmitter release) agonism of norepinephrine and dopamine receptors. These stimulate adenylyl cyclase to increase production of cyclic AMP leading to stimulation. These receptors however become internalized with activation, hence the quicker tolerance buildup.

Caffeine works in two ways. First it combats tiredness by blocking adenosine receptors (this is not via stimulation tho). Second it acts as a nonspecific phosphodiesterase inhibitor, blocking the breakdown of cyclic AMP, which potentiates baseline norepinephrine and dopamine signaling. Because this mechanism of action isn't through a neurotransmitter "receptor," which has evolved to respond to varying levels of stimuli, caffeine takes much longer to develop tolerance (mainly through down regulation of cyclic AMP production, and decreased downstream signaling).

Also, the similar pathways are why caffeine is a great combo with ephedrine.

I've been taking about 25-50mg a day of ephedrine (daily) for about 7 months now as a mild substitute for meth/amphetamines.

Am I in serious danger if I continue or at least am I in more danger than I would be taking small to moderate doses of amphetamines?
I'd like to switch to amphetamines if I can find a doctor. But I'm concerned because I feel like I can't get going anymore without some sort of neurotransmitter release (i.e. a stimulant or a decent opioid).

Which is fine with me, but it's not fine if what I have to take every day is worse than taking actual prescription stimulants daily (cardiovascular-wise anyway).

I've been taking about 25-50mg a day of ephedrine (daily) for about 7 months now as a mild substitute for meth/amphetamines.

Am I in serious danger if I continue or at least am I in more danger than I would be taking small to moderate doses of amphetamines?
I'd like to switch to amphetamines if I can find a doctor. But I'm concerned because I feel like I can't get going anymore without some sort of neurotransmitter release (i.e. a stimulant or a decent opioid).

Which is fine with me, but it's not fine if what I have to take every day is worse than taking actual prescription stimulants daily (cardiovascular-wise anyway).
If this quantity of ephedrine that you took daily(25-50mg) ,which is not a big dose helps you and feel ok stick on it.Personally for me thats a better,more soft variant than go to the amphies.

If this quantity of ephedrine that you took daily(25-50mg) ,which is not a big dose helps you and feel ok stick on it.Personally for me thats a better,more soft variant than go to the amphies.
Thanks for the response!
I feel like a low dose of adderall from a doctor would be more consistent and easier on my cardiovascular system, but I try to make do with what is available to me.

I used meth on & off for 15 years & don't necessarily wanna go back to that life or lifestyle, but I feel like I need that extra push every day to keep going, which is what landed me with using ephedrine daily for 7 months now.

It helps some what, but not most days anymore (in fact, I actually get MORE tired a little while after taking ephedrine some days). But I also feel like I can't stop taking it either, as the days I don't take it, I feel a little blah (like baby stim crash kinda, but nowhere near as horrendous) But I refuse to push my dose up further, knowing that ephedrine carriers more risks in proportion to it's CNS effects.

Was just curious if continuing to take these doses would put me in danger or give me a stroke/heart attack sooner.
Appreciate it!

Thanks for the response!
I feel like a low dose of adderall from a doctor would be more consistent and easier on my cardiovascular system, but I try to make do with what is available to me.

I used meth on & off for 15 years & don't necessarily wanna go back to that life or lifestyle, but I feel like I need that extra push every day to keep going, which is what landed me with using ephedrine daily for 7 months now.

It helps some what, but not most days anymore (in fact, I actually get MORE tired a little while after taking ephedrine some days). But I also feel like I can't stop taking it either, as the days I don't take it, I feel a little blah (like baby stim crash kinda, but nowhere near as horrendous) But I refuse to push my dose up further, knowing that ephedrine carriers more risks in proportion to it's CNS effects.

Was just curious if continuing to take these doses would put me in danger or give me a stroke/heart attack sooner.
Appreciate it!
I dont know,for heart attack.Use a couple of times only herb.Its possible to take tool on the heart if overused.Remember that drinkin herb gives a lot of pee.Somekinda a diuretic like properties