• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants m. amphet salts

Why cant we just eat the children and their adderall, then next month they wont be whining for more. Of course children don't taste as good as adderall, maybe we can freebase them or snort them? Just an idea.

Dex on the hand makes you peppy, happy, and makes it feel like your doing shit not because of the medication but because you actually want to do it.

I have been on Adderol IR now or about 6 mo. having switched from XR due to loss of insurance. ($800 vs. $30: you do the math!)

Don't like some of the side effects and would like to try dex. I am pretty sure, actually VERY sure my doctor will nix that idea suggesting we try some other ones (Ritalin, etc.)

Does anyone out there have a good "pitch" ou there that would convince her to that switch?

oh, also what are the exact ingredients, aka fillers used in the two generic IR's (Peach and Pink).

Nope, the above poster is correct. Adderall is composed of mixture of pure dextroamphetamine as well as the racemic mixture. Here are the contents as found on wikipedia:

Wikipedia said:
* 1/4 dextroamphetamine saccharate
* 1/4 dextroamphetamine sulfate
* 1/4 (racemic dextro/levo-)amphetamine aspartate monohydrate
* 1/4 (racemic dextro/levo-)amphetamine sulfate

The small amount of levoamphetamine is added to facilitate the comedown associated with Adderall due to its longer half-life. It also is said to decrease the onset time.

That is not a 50:50 mixture. its technically a 25:25:25:25 mixture, which is basically a a 75:25 mixture. Half of the pill is pure dextro, and the other half is a racemic mixture of dextro- and levo-. A racemic mixture has equal parts of left handed and right handed enantiomers, so this racemic mixture is half dextro- and half levo-. So this 20 mg pill of mixed amphetamine salts has 15 mg of dextro- in differing forms at the weights 5 mg, 5 mg, 2.5 mg, and 2.5 mg respectively and 5 mg of levo- with two different forms of 2.5 mg each. The different forms of each enantiomer do not make a significant difference in effect.

Those are generic Adderall XRs. I used to get those because my psych thought I was abusing my "meds", which of course I was ;) I never liked them. They gave me an extremely fast heart beat, not like I don't usually get that on stims but just 60 mg of it would make my heart go at about 160 beats a minute. On 50 mg of Dexedrine my heart only goes about 115. They were useful for me though, I used to sell the 15 mgs as "methamphetamine capsules" and make 5 bucks for one.

Adderall is not a 75% D-Amp, 25% L-Amp mixture either by weight or molarity.

Both XR and IR Adderall as well as their generic counterparts are racemic mixtures of amphetamine. This means that the medicine contains equal proportions of the two AMP optical enantiomers, L-amphetamine and D-amphetamine. Enantiomers are any two molecules of a given molecular formula that are nonsuperimposable, mirror images of one another. Think of your own two hands!

The non-biological, or laboratory synthesis of amphetamine or any chemical that is optically active (i.e. D-amphet., L-amphet, S-ketamine, R-Ketamine), will generally yield the product in racemic mixture. In nature, however, only one enantiomer is produced. This explains the relative potency of Dexedrine in comparison to Adderall. The dextro-isomer of amphetamine shows a much greater affinity for receptors than does the levo-isomer.

In other words, the Adderall mixture is 50:50 by weight, but mg by mg, the potency of ADD is 20-30% that of DEX.

And if anyone is still wondering, M. Amphetamine is exactly the same as the non-generic. Any perceived difference in effect is totally psychosomatic.

IN SUMMATION, the cheap cereal tastes just as good as the pricey shit too. Don't be a snob and enjoy the pills while you have them

Don't say retarded things. Molarity is the ratio of moles/liter, and since this is a pill with solids, molarity doesnt apply. The only other measurement that would apply along with weight is the number of moles, but this doesnt matter, as described by yourself. The only way mole ratio would be different than mass ratio is if the molecules had different atomic weights, which they do not. You should understand that, you just explained that the only difference between dextro-amphetamine and levo-amphetamine are both enantiomers, and then even correctly defined that meaning to be two molecules of the same formula that are nonsuperimposable. Take your own advice and think of your own two hands, does one weight more than the other?
Also, brush up on your research, you should know that Adderall XR, IR, and Generic each contain half of the racemic amphetamine mixtures, which is, by definition, equal parts of each enantiomer, and the other half is pure dextro in two different salt forms.