• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergic's/ dosage and setting, aiming for a therapeutic exp.

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
Recently after 2 seperate trip's of supossed, 100mcg ALD-52 and 200mcg 1p-LSD. With only 2, maybe 3, experience's in my bagsack as reference. Half of an LSD blotter of unknown strenght and these were unearthly mindblowing trips, way too much especially the candyflip.

To test the water's so to say. I began conservative with the ALD. Which gave me a very 'recreational' mild but beatifull insight in the material. 200mcg 1p was very different visualy. Not the same serene and beatifull OEV's and headspace like my previous one. And visually pretty mild even this dosage. The focus seemed to be more mental. Not bad persee but I felt it was distinctly different. Is that possible for two almost identical molecules?
But again very handleable, lightweight experience.

Maybe the LSD in my youth was highly dosed? Or my other, not drug related, life changing event's, that happened all very close together last ten years. Have been added up to my psychonaut status. Some of these event's surpassed most psychedelic's by a long shot in effects. Mentally and visually.

Just making up a hypothesis for why I didn't remotely trip balls.

Next time I will up the dose and roughly follow some of the therapeutic psychedelic setting intruction's. I am aiming for a healing session, though without expectancy. Some of the recommendations is a good playlist! Overal I hope it will help to direct the whole thing a bit, if that is even possible. But I am willing to try!

My question. Do you think music, following the guidelines or anything else, has had an influence on one of your personal experience's?

I admit I was so wonked last two timesThe hassle of turning anything on other then me just was not there.

To answer your specific question - would music aid in achieving a therapeutic session - maybe. As great as it would be to follow a formula and achieve a desired result with every trip, they’re all their own thing. You’re far better off taking the plunge and accepting whatever comes in my experience. All anyone can tell you is what has worked/works for them. In my case, noise canceling headphones and whatever music sounds good with either eyeshades or as close to complete darkness as possible is the best set/setting for the kind of trip you appear to be seeking. Other times I prefer complete silence. I find that working on quieting my mind and trying to avoid consciously thinking of anything at all allows me to go way deeper on far less material than the perhaps reckless doses I took in the past. Music sometimes helps that and sometimes it doesn’t.

As much as it’s fun to read up on everything we know so far about psychedelics we’re still far from having it all sorted out. It’s kind of like the idea that you never set foot in the same river twice - dosing the same number of blotters from the same sheet weeks apart, even assuming that they are all of equal potency, can create a different experience that are completely unrelated to the chemical. You’re a different person today then you were yesterday, and you’ll be a different person tomorrow too - I think the tendency is to assign causation to the substance when it’s likely that we are the greater variable in the equation, due to any number of factors.

Don’t overthink it is the short version - dose in a safe place around people/things you like, and enjoy the ride. You don’t always get what you want but you usually get out of it what you need.

Canceling out noise makes sense. Music seems to hold a place to distract from inner noise when it keeps coming up. In the LSD therapy it is used for it' s comforting effects probably. Like the artwork that is available. Both have a stunning effect on most drugs.

Wonder how meditating would work out? I will try that out.
Once during a Bhoedist meditaion I somehow was succesfull. And got a proper meditation trip.

"Om mani padme hum" but fonetically there is a 'ng' at the end. Could prove interesting but what will my neighbours think if I start chanting middle of the night. Timing seems crucial for good settings,

Mescalican although I was surprised of the relative mildness of my two first plunges. I felt the two substances were distinguishable enough to be noticable. But future trials will tell, maybe I will change my opinion.

If I remember correct the dosage's used in therapy could go up quit a bit. So 200mcg is probably on the light side. For LSD, 1p and ALD.

Last edited:
and enjoy the ride.
Both rides were enjoyable. But I won't say no to some mental torture would I happen to get into one of these kinda trips.

It was shocking to witness the easy goingness of the materials. Or maybe I am just way cooler then I ever was. The plan was to get my ass kicked but that didn't happen, yet.

Music will mostly be distracting rather then directing towards what I aim for. And controlling equipement on acid is weird. But I am gonna at least put on a song during next time. Could be useful to flip the flow.

Canceling out noise makes sense. Music seems to hold a place to distract from inner noise when it keeps coming up. In the LSD therapy it is used for it' s comforting effects probably. Like the artwork that is available. Both have a stunning effect on most drugs.

Wonder how meditating would work out? I will try that out.
Once during a Bhoedist meditaion I somehow was succesfull. And got a proper meditation trip.

"Om mani padme hum" but fonetically there is a 'ng' at the end. Could prove interesting but what will my neighbours think if I start chanting middle of the night. Timing seems crucial for good settings,

Mescalican although I was surprised of the relative mildness of my two first plunges. I felt the two substances were distinguishable enough to be noticable. But future trials will tell, maybe I will change my opinion.

If I remember correct the dosage's used in therapy could go up quit a bit. So 200mcg is probably on the light side. For LSD, 1p and ALD.

95% of the time I take any psychedelic music is involved. Other than times when I’m feeling like going deep in complete silence in order to sort some shit out, music is an integral part of the experience. The more I can remove other types of distractions the more valuable the experience is to me. There really isn’t an answer generally speaking - you try it out and see what works for you.

I don’t personally use meditation (outside of tripping I suppose) but I know people that do and the two seem to have a great synergy. Whatever floats your boat man. I personally couldn’t give a fuck less what my neighbors think but thinking about your neighbors while tripping likely violates the whole set & setting issue and if you think it would freak them out then you may want to try another venue for such experiments.

LSD can be relatively tame at times but one tab too many can feel like an utter mind rape. I’ve only ever bought my LSD from one source so I only know what he tells me the dosage is. Since I have neither the desire nor the means to test the potency I never quote the ug of the blotters, I always start with one and go up from there, if needed.

Trip - other than the dosage (meaning I don’t know for sure what mine are) I agree 100% - that combo will take you places. Fucking amazing

200 ug + in total darkness with music will take you to other dimesions

95% of the time I take any psychedelic music is involved. Other than times when I’m feeling like going deep in complete silence in order to sort some shit out, music is an integral part of the experience. The more I can remove other types of distractions the more valuable the experience is to me. There really isn’t an answer generally speaking - you try it out and see what works for you.

I don’t personally use meditation (outside of tripping I suppose) but I know people that do and the two seem to have a great synergy. Whatever floats your boat man. I personally couldn’t give a fuck less what my neighbors think but thinking about your neighbors while tripping likely violates the whole set & setting issue and if you think it would freak them out then you may want to try another venue for such experiments.

LSD can be relatively tame at times but one tab too many can feel like an utter mind rape. I’ve only ever bought my LSD from one source so I only know what he tells me the dosage is. Since I have neither the desire nor the means to test the potency I never quote the ug of the blotters, I always start with one and go up from there, if needed.

Trip - other than the dosage (meaning I don’t know for sure what mine are) I agree 100% - that combo will take you places. Fucking amazing

Total darkness and silence, tempting.

Last time the mere hassle coupled with the annoying brightness of the screen and humming of my pc were enough to turn me off electrical. I can circumvent this by doing some preparing. But does it really add?
And if so what freakin music do I choose, my fav's or something completely diff. Remember operating anything will be very hard during the event. Although the trips were relatively mild I was pretty anti digital and couldn't be arsed.

Regarding my neighbours, since I am living in a little village, so quiet and crispy here, I am more aware of my surrounding's. But if I feel like it I will definetly do a Bhoedist mantra in the middle of the night anytime.

But music seems promising but I am totally unclear in what way's atm. It could have distracting, directing and estetic properties.

They use special chant's and music to guide Ayahuasca session's. According to the 'Union Vegetale" the difference is like night and day, taking it within or out of their setting. You could probably say it does for other psychedelic's.

I like the idea of a sitter that serves nice beverages and some fruit during your trip. Putting on some interesting tunes while you dig up the notes of thing's you wanted to adres.

Last edited:
To test the water's so to say. I began conservative with the ALD. Which gave me a very 'recreational' mild but beatifull insight in the material. 200mcg 1p was very different visualy. Not the same serene and beatifull OEV's and headspace like my previous one. And visually pretty mild even this dosage. The focus seemed to be more mental. Not bad persee but I felt it was distinctly different. Is that possible for two almost identical molecules?
But again very handleable, lightweight experience.

ALD-52 and 1P-LSD produce the same effects, as they are both rapidly converted to LSD in the body.

The difference between individual trips is due to
a) LSD not having a linear dose-response-curve (meaning that 200 micrograms isn't just "the same as 100 micrograms, just twice as intense")
and
b) the psychedelic experience being inherently far more variable than other drug-induced experiences.

ALD-52 and 1P-LSD produce the same effects, as they are both rapidly converted to LSD in the body.

a) LSD not having a linear dose-response-curve (meaning that 200 micrograms isn't just "the same as 100 micrograms, just twice as intense")
and
b) the psychedelic experience being inherently far more variable than other drug-induced experiences.
The characterisic OEV's and headspace of Psylocybine containing mushroom's are more or less consistent ime. Although my pre-MDMA experiences seemed better as the post ones side effect's wise. aMT and 5-meo-dipt although having their own nature feel very tryptaminey and not like an Lysergamide. And they are pretty close in effects. So it's not unconceiveable there is a difference between individual Lysergic'sthat is notable to men.

Future trials will tell but untill then the OEV's and headspace of them seemed unexpectately different. I expected them to be more or less the same and just like LSD.

The main reason I am opting for ALD next time as it seems way more appropiate for the purpose. Although a 2:1 ratio with 1p could be interesting with ALD dominating the experience. Could be a weird badge of 1p-LSD though, I have no clue?

Last edited:
Total darkness and silence, tempting.

Last time the mere hassle coupled with the annoying brightness of the screen and humming of my pc were enough to turn me off electrical. I can circumvent this by doing some preparing. But does it really add?
And if so what freakin music do I choose, my fav's or something completely diff. Remember operating anything will be very hard during the event. Although the trips were relatively mild I was pretty anti digital and couldn't be arsed.

Regarding my neighbours, since I am living in a little village, so quiet and crispy here, I am more aware of my surrounding's. But if I feel like it I will definetly do a Bhoedist mantra in the middle of the night anytime.

But music seems promising but I am totally unclear in what way's atm. It could have distracting, directing and estetic properties.

They use special chant's and music to guide Ayahuasca session's. According to the 'Union Vegetale" the difference is like night and day, taking it within or out of their setting. You could probably say it does for other psychedelic's. I like the idea of a sitter that serves nice beverages and some fruit during your trip. Putting on some interesting tunes while you dig up the notes of thing's you wanted to adres.
Id suggest deep house through the peak its really good on acid

and
If the psychedelic experience is so variable how can a OEV be consistent and shared?
Without disputing individual response's. Anyone done a sand test with any of the Lysergic's?

I don't mind derailing my thread a little the described difference's, or lack of, the LSD analog's I mentioned is intriging me. Especially after my 2 test run's.

The idea of the sand test basicly comes from a personal experience on Psylocybine mushroom. I was with a close friend broad day light in the sandy dunes. And began noticing the first OEV's coming up. Legs heavy knee's week I sat down in the sand and saw how well it went with the sand. after observing the pulsing patterns that appeared in the grains resembling the inside of a sea snail shell, very fractal like. I looked up at my co tripper and cleverly not told what I saw, but asked her what she thought of the sand. Witty on shrooms

The description was strikingly the same, I would say very little doubt that she was not seeing the same OEV. The pulsating coming and going was shared but we got lost when we try to pinpoint if they were synchrone. It involved laughing outloud and lyiing in warm sand.

The OEV's were that consistent we could lift the sand in our hands without it being effected. The wave like coming and going of the patterns is a shared effect of many halllucinogen's.

Psilocybine is not LSD but if this effect is not specifically in my head or excluded for Psilocybine. And LSD and it's analog's share this 'common' OEV. It would be easy to do a sand test.

Added to my preperation list:
A bunch of dry natural beach sand for indoor experimenting. This one seems the most problematic.
Waking up thinking 'why is there all this ..... in my bed' Or possibly a trip to a nearby beach. I get back evt to let you know how it worked out ;)

Last edited:
Id suggest deep house through the peak its really good on acid
Still contemplating on the music what and how to.

I imagine real good deep house, or real good from any genre would be ok but mediocre or plain bad. Don't want that. It will involve some setting up and preperation in advance. But it deserves a try just to find out for myself. Wouldn't opt for deep house not to deep in that but the 'Embedded video's thread' never leaves one empty handed when in search for obscure tunes.

Chances are I will be about floored most of the time. Starting early will counter some of the sluggishness. Maybe that's an option I didn't consider which could be of influence. Being 'fresh' so to speak.
And it would allow me to take a walk to the beach to do a 'sand test'.

Daytime refreshed vs, evening slightly fatiqued. Former seems like a better opt?

Last edited:
Let's take for granted that with acid and alike nothing is really setable or predictable. I get that but as on the 100/ 200mcg trips I had it was very hard not to enjoy myself. So it was pretty much amazing amusement park, no confusion. But practically immobilized beside bare essential's. So it effect's me allright but mentally it's mild.

Are any of you experienced with the 400mcg dose range. Will it increase the body effects to the point your like an drunk or person in a K-hole trying to move or operate anything? Will I be able to climb ladders or operate kitchen stuff for example.
Or are only the mental part's gonna be stronger?
I am aiming for one next opt. Lysergics seem so clear, but there must be some point were at least some 'ego death' occur's.

Right set up, playlist/ other thing's / juice ed. And a higher dosage right
Could be wrong though but 400mcg is a heavy dose that could kick my bud according to the info. It should and I would accept gracefully. Or will it just be even more fun while being paralyzed?

Let's take for granted that with acid and alike nothing is really setable or predictable. I get that but as on the 100/ 200mcg trips I had it was very hard not to enjoy myself. So it was pretty much amazing amusement park, no confusion. But practically immobilized beside bare essential's. So it effect's me allright but mentally it's mild.

Are any of you experienced with the 400mcg dose range. Will it increase the body effects to the point your like an drunk or person in a K-hole trying to move or operate anything? Will I be able to climb ladders or operate kitchen stuff for example.
Or are only the mental part's gonna be stronger?
I am aiming for one next opt. Lysergics seem so clear, but there must be some point were at least some 'ego death' occur's.

Right set up, playlist/ other thing's / juice ed. And a higher dosage right
Could be wrong though but 400mcg is a heavy dose that could kick my bud according to the info. It should and I would accept gracefully. Or will it just be even more fun while being paralyzed?
400 ug will blow you out of this realm you will not be able to climb ladders or operate kitchen stuff. All the effects increase the body high will get so strong you will just be lying down in absolute europhic pleasure. On 400ug will pretty much be blasted out of this universe into another universe ego death merge with all of existence experince rebirth. 400 ug is a spirtual dose of acid you will not want to walk around on a dose like this as time will cease to exist you will get lost very easily. Reality as you know it will be so far out the window you wonder if you will ever come back during the peak but it is one hell of a journey and pretty amazing if you can handle it. But DO NOT go from 200 ug to to 400 ug. 300 ug itself is leagues above a 200 ug trip. trips of 330 ug have completely annihilated me before and sent me a journey through other realms. Try 250-300ug i highly recommend only upping doses by 50 ug at a time every 50 ug is another level compared to the previous dose.

400 ug will blow you out of this realm you will not be able to climb ladders or operate kitchen stuff. All the effects increase the body high will get so strong you will just be lying down in absolute europhic pleasure. On 400ug will pretty much be blasted out of this universe into another universe ego death merge with all of existence experince rebirth. 400 ug is a spirtual dose of acid you will not want to walk around on a dose like this as time will cease to exist you will get lost very easily. Reality as you know it will be so far out the window you wonder if you will ever come back during the peak but it is one hell of a journey and pretty amazing if you can handle it. But DO NOT go from 200 ug to to 400 ug. 300 ug itself is leagues above a 200 ug trip. trips of 330 ug have completely annihilated me before and sent me a journey through other realms. Try 250-300ug i highly recommend only upping doses by 50 ug at a time every 50 ug is another level compared to the previous dose.
400mcg is obviously a to big of a jump TripSitterNZ I will will follow your advice. and go for 300mcg, there is good reasoning why I am not conservative with the dose. I feel I can handle it and it will be the last opportunity in a while. And the aim is to gain some insight that could help me in the period following.

Thanks for advice I will stay of the attic this time, the ladder I mentioned leads up there. To bad I won't be seeing the cement up there that is handwork. It's patterns proved more interesting to look at then my own artwork on the surounding wall's. How acid.

400mcg is obviously a to big of a jump TripSitterNZ I will will follow your advice. and go for 300mcg, there is good reasoning why I am not conservative with the dose. I feel I can handle it and it will be the last opportunity in a while. And the aim is to gain some insight that could help me in the period following.

Thanks for advice I will stay of the attic this time, the ladder I mentioned leads up there. To bad I won't be seeing the cement up there that is handwork. It's patterns proved more interesting to look at then my own artwork on the surounding wall's. How acid.
If its your attic ladder then your fine to climb and walk around, 300 ug will be a good dose i have had many insights to the nature of reality on doses around 300 ug its alot deeper than a 200ug trip.