• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Lyrica withdrawal, need help !

JeromeF

Greenlighter
Hello

I became ill in the end of 2014 because of a medical error (chronic pain since). For my chronic pain I have been recently prescribed Lyrica (Pregabalin). I didn't made research and didn't thought it was that addictive. My doctor told me that I could quit it cold turkey with no problem. I took 2*100 mg a day for 21 days and stopped 5 days ago because it was upsetting my stomach and I got the flu.

Since I stopped I didn't sleep more than 2 hours a day. I have a strong drepression, muscle pain, panic attacks (never been subject to that before), weird dreams when awake, extrem exhaustion and I can't eat. This is really a nightmare. The pain came back since I stopped but this is not my main problem. I know quitting cold turkey is usualy not a good option but this is what I have done everytime in the past with success (codeine, benzos, kratom, ...). Considering that I didn't take heavy dose of Lyrica, and during a limited period of time (less than a month), I guess (or at least hope) that the withdrawal symptoms have more chance to fade off soon (but no improvement in the past 5 days). Do the duration of the withdrawal symptoms are usually correlated to the duration of the consumption ? How long Lyrica cold turkey withdrawal usually last ? I really need help.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english (I am french).