• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Lyrica questions

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Hey all,

Today I was upped to 75MG 3x a day instead of 50. He said he wants to see if the dose is good but if not 100MG next time.

Am I better off taking the 3 75MG at once? I truly have felt nothing from either Gabapentin or Pregabalin and am losing hope. I read people using insane doses but it is for recreational use. What is a perfect dose for my pain would you say? I cannot figure out how to make this work or maybe I'm expecting too much I'm sorry for the rant

Also I have some Gabapentin left about 20 and a few extra Lyrica like maybe 12 50MG left since he changed the script dosage early. I just want help and to get any use out of my medicine. Beyond frustrating losing hope altogether. I thought it would help in between Oxy doses for pain

I researched Lyrica for anxiety before I started taking it. One study I read seemed to conclude that 350mg per day was a good therapeutic dose.
Definitely split your doses.
Unfortunately Lyrica did not work for me in terms of controlling my anxiety.
I would be looking at taking a mood stabilizer (Seroquel for me) and clonazepam.

**Edit ** Sorry, just re read your OP and you say you're taking it for pain. In that case you will need higher doses; a friend of mine has back issues and was taking 600mg per day. Eventually that dose stopped working as his back problems worsened..

I researched Lyrica for anxiety before I started taking it. One study I read seemed to conclude that 350mg per day was a good therapeutic dose.
Definitely split your doses.
Unfortunately Lyrica did not work for me in terms of controlling my anxiety.
I would be looking at taking a mood stabilizer (Seroquel for me) and clonazepam.

**Edit ** Sorry, just re read your OP and you say you're taking it for pain. In that case you will need higher doses; a friend of mine has back issues and was taking 600mg per day. Eventually that dose stopped working as his back problems worsened..

Thank you for the reply man! I am prescribed Clonazepam for PTSD and RLS and it helps much but 40MG of Oxy just doesn't help. Really hoping 225MG of Lyrica is okay but it sounds like I'm far off from a therapeutic dose 😥

Thank you for the reply man! I am prescribed Clonazepam for PTSD and RLS and it helps much but 40MG of Oxy just doesn't help. Really hoping 225MG of Lyrica is okay but it sounds like I'm far off from a therapeutic dose 😥

Depends on your level of pain.
What type of pain are you experiencing?

I have Extensive experience with Lyrica and gabapentin... thats an understatement really, i don't think i'll ever meet or see someone who's taken the doses i have. that said... you can take them all at once (but they don't last that long, mind you lyrica is MUCH more efficient than pentin without any of the side effects, but.... good comes bad, the tolerance will build FAST. i have used insane doses for both recreation and to cut back on opiates the bright side? there's not much withdrawal from not taking them even at 40k mg+ doses, which you should never ever take please. if you ever surpass 1-2,000mg/day please cease use because it only skyrockets from there.

ps. take pentin & lyrica at the same time = synergy like no other.

ps. take pentin & lyrica at the same time = synergy like no other.

Hey brother,

How would you explain Pregabalin's effects to a newly prescribed patient? I have been on Oxycodone and Klonopin since returning to the States after my last tour, but NEVER have taken anything with GABA in it.

I feel I am expecting too much? Like I take an Oxy and my pain in 20 minutes has gone from a 10 to a 7. I randomly cry, throw a Klonopin under my tongue and it stops any delusion or thoughts from PTSD.

The Gabapentin just seemed like an insane road. Started on 100MG a day and then I hear the dosages people talk so go on Lyrica. I have 225MG total a day now. How would YOU personally take this dosage (3x or just once) and what to expect? My pain is deep within the spine and neck and I just want relief

Hey brother,

How would you explain Pregabalin's effects to a newly prescribed patient? I have been on Oxycodone and Klonopin since returning to the States after my last tour, but NEVER have taken anything with GABA in it.

I feel I am expecting too much? Like I take an Oxy and my pain in 20 minutes has gone from a 10 to a 7. I randomly cry, throw a Klonopin under my tongue and it stops any delusion or thoughts from PTSD.

The Gabapentin just seemed like an insane road. Started on 100MG a day and then I hear the dosages people talk so go on Lyrica. I have 225MG total a day now. How would YOU personally take this dosage (3x or just once) and what to expect? My pain is deep within the spine and neck and I just want relief

WHILE I DON'T CONDONE THESE DOSAGES I'LL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION
sorry late reply i was preoccupied while writing this @FutureReference

so ... i'm not a good person to ask but i have chronic pain ... am on 400mg morphine / 20-40mg oxy / 9-12 mg hydromorphone per day. for this.. i say i'm fucked in march but im just saying that... i'll survive, it's going to be hellish, i'll probably end up using dope once or twice a day for awhile but i'm not big on it, i gotta figure out the pain issue since when i wake up i'm in fullblown withdrawal, and my mind isn't 100% but i've met an angel, luckily she takes my mind off of alot of things and is always there, amen, see i think the Kpins are easing your mind, allowing you to just sit there and be, which is fine, perfectly fine, lyrica in proper doses will do the same thing, HOWEVER, much more subtle though, if you take the time to notice the lyrica (pregabalin) effects they take about an hour to kick in, it's a subtle easing feel, similar to kpins buuuut not quite the same, different.
..my doses were not for a normal person, in august of 2019 i went through over 2-3,000 gabapentin/pregab pills....started with a BAD experience but... good at the same time, bad because i COULD NOT WALK, to save my life....too many gabapentinoids will have you feeling fine mentally, physically? wasted, drunk, but with moderate tolerance, like i think you should have acquired by now, will allow you to take higher doses other's have likened it to MDMA (ectasy) during my HEAVY use of it, i started @ doses of 900 pentin with 250-500 pregab, and ate a pentin every bit just to keep that feeling, at the same time i was using amphetamines HEAVILY and i mean heavily, doses high enough to kill 4-5 people, but see i'm a 'crack' cocaine user, so my stimulant tolerance is up there, DO NOT EVER TAKE MY DOSES UNLESS DIRECTED

and then the next week, they stopped working . upped to 2000 pentin, 1,000 prregab aka lyrica.. with my amps, perfect dose. then i stacked pentin to keep that ease going, but you probs cant do that, and i find the The lyrica is something not to be taken lightly at all They are serious drugs just because theyre subtle doesnt mean they don[t affect you
Now i started wth 900 gaba with 250 pregab.............. the next week .... u was up to 60-90 mg adderall every hmmmmm few hrs (i used avg 500-1500mg of add per day) No this is not drug flexing grow the fk up drgs arent cool anyone reading that thinks so. with th e ruleo of always taking a pentin, then i age a no hahaha not photosynthisis. so id like to satay NO OJE SHOULED EVER achieve whwhere i was in august/sbegininng of jne, and ifyou do pm me, i'm always here to help and so if the buelight community, always and i encourage any one reading thats lurking to make an account and become a member.
then i go
to sum it this question up bcuz i need meds, i gotta take meds i'll me ack to edit this but i warn you, if you do this, it took me 3 weeks, 3 wweeks is all it took, of taking them heavily or in 'high' dose and i dodi'm lookinf there. give he other card to a friend. that cardd there, is the # of an angel
yeah take... 750-1000mg you'll feel better man, i wish you the best forreal!
but this is the

fuck4.jpg

The pregabalin just overpowers the Gabapentin.
No. you take 40-50,000mg of pentin and 6-12,000 of pregab and tell me that, ty bye, don't mean to be rude so dont take it that way.

they synergize.... pentin has MUCH more side effects than pregab, leading to a great combo to take the edge off, sorry if i come off as an asshole, i need to take my opiates way overdue

300mg pregabalin three times a day is not uncommon for dosing nerve related pain(s), IME. As well as others I know and relate to. And, yeah: It has some fucked up withdrawals. Even after a relatively short (a week for me @ 1200-1600mg a day), I was agitated and short tempered for a few days. Like it and a great enhancer... may get back on it.... Tolerance builds fast as fuck, though.

Last edited:
The question is does 75mg your first dose in the morning help you with the pain? If not it wont help redosing the same amount after lets say 6 hours or what ever your timing is. Because by the time you take ur next dose the drug effects have probably been eliminated and the next dose will just help you keep the same effects.

If it does help with your pain 75mg first thing in the morning then I would say its very stupid to higher the dose because it would probably make you high then you will start chasing the high instead of keeping the pain down. I would suggest if it does help then. The next question would be does it help you to be pain free the hole day?

No. you take 40-50,000mg of pentin and 6-12,000 of pregab and tell me that, ty bye, don't mean to be rude so dont take it that way.

they synergize.... pentin has MUCH more side effects than pregab, leading to a great combo to take the edge off, sorry if i come off as an asshole, i need to take my opiates way overdue
Fuck me I thought I was doing too much pregabalin when I hit around 3000 to 4000 mg a day to just feel it because tolerance skyrockets but you were taking 50 000 mg of gabapentin and 6 to 12 000 mg of pregabs with that . How was your withdrawal from that I know after nearly a year on pregabs i had horrible mental wd for about a week. Now I stick to one day a week and I get a great pregabalin buzz from 900 mg for the whole day