• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Lyrica IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

detroithype

Greenlighter
SWIM tolerance is really high and hates how long it takes to kick in/ Possible? How? And Should he cut his regular dose. Most important, is the onset quicker?

I've snorted the 150's and although it was quite unpleasant it got the job done. Not big on dissociatives and don't IV. Why not snort it ?

Oral BA is already pretty high. I'm IV and you get all of the not so good stuff also in the capsules. For alternate roa, I'd suggest plug over iv, if only for a quicker onset.

Pregablin has a rapid increase and a fairly rapid decrease in tolerance as well. Don't take it for a few days and you should be pretty good. Also it doesn't even take that long to come on.

If you are at the point you would consider IV use of Lyrica for recreation, why not just move on to something else? I second plugging > IV in this case.

Pregablin has a rapid increase and a fairly rapid decrease in tolerance as well. Don't take it for a few days and you should be pretty good. Also it doesn't even take that long to come on.
This, minus the latter portion. I find that it can take up to 2 hrs to peak. Abstain for 4-5 days and you should be fine.

I once tried to IV gabapentin in rehab after I came up on some rigs on a work crew. If its anything like that, it wont work lol.

don't shoot it. just don't.

my experience with lyrica was that initially a "handful" (let's say 10-12 50 mgs), would have me fucked off my ass. After four or five such experiences, it completely stopped working. Now it does nothing, no matter how much I take. (Whatever. I have dilaudid. fuck lyrica. sorry, I guess that might be harsh if all you have is lyrica. Sorry.)

Sounds like you've worked up a tolerance to pregabalin. I would take a break from them and just use diazepam.
* You don't need to use swim here, just say me. :)

There's literally no reason to IV Lyrica.

Just because you can inject something doesn't mean that you should.

If you are that addicted to the needle then inject sterile water.

This can only end badly. Why do people insist on IVing stuff thats proven to work PERFECTLY FINE orally. If your tolerance to pregabalin is really that high - maybe you should considering seeing your doctor. Your getting into dangerous ground here - and it WILL end badly. How badly is up to you. Please don't shoot pregabalin.

If you think you might have a bit of a "problem" with lyrica and you not yet ready to seek some help, take a little walk over the TDS. Maybe a bit of reading will wake you up a bit. Really, there are more important things in life than IVing drugs - especially fucking lyrica! All that shit does is make you feel like your drunk on propan-2-ol. Which is a horrible experience anyway - trust me, I've done some really stupid fucking things when I was younger, lyrica and propanol were two of them (And yes, I know I'm just asking to be laughed at by saying this - but I've a thick skin, I'm use to it =] ).

I live in the north of Ireland, around here lyrica pills are known as "Budweisers" - basically because they give you a shitty drunk feeling.

Please don't kill yourself.

Stay safe & much love.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/47-The-Dark-Side

EDIT: included link to TDS - I didn't want to double post :) ta!

Last edited:
^ Great post. Thank you for making such an informative post. :D

I just wanted to add that the OP shouldnt just take of couple of day off from taking pregabalin...ITS AN ANTICONVULSANT. Stopping anticonvulsants suddenly is dangerous and stupid.

I personally take 600mgs a day and recently was unable to take any for 48hrs.
The first 24hrs was ok, just tough to sleep.
I woke up the next morn with nausea, sweats (hot and cold) and serious pain and spasms.
By 40+hrs I felt like I was gonna die. Not an experience id like to repeat and im in less then half of what the OPs on.
My tolerence did go down....for about two days and then was back where it was at first. So that would likely be a futile execise.

Very true but the OP never mentioned being addicted or daily use so I didn't factor that in, good job thinking of that! If the OP is addicted and wants to lower their tolerance they could take lower doses for a few days and they should still be able to retain a better experience than their currently getting.

Thankfully I'm one of those people who don't seem to become addicted to pregabalin luckily enough.

there is no wd from lyrica. its a myth or ppls plesibo. im in russia by the way.. only lyrica nd diazapam availible from a pharmacy with no skript.

I take lyrica for nerve damage and back pain. It works better than most anything I've been prescribed or tried. Unfortunately I'm left to self medicate after 20yrs of opiods and opiate abuse. After many yrs clean I'm still black listed by the Dr's. so i do what i have to.
I take lyrica, suboxone, valium, and flexeral now. If i juggle the dosages around than the lyrica stays working like a miracle sent from God. If taken everything as prescribed, the only relief i see is the help of the bupe.
I tried abusing lyrica early on and found it to be alot like dope. its euphoruc abd I'd get the nods and everything. The downfall is 600mg was like a pint of booze. I was bouncing of walls and trupping over my own feet.. Sniffing made it no better or worse and I've never read anything good about I.V. use so have sustained from it.
My point i guess is take it orally and change the dose daily and it will kill the pain and give you a descent buzz here and there. Its an odd chemical, the effects are unpredictable on a day to day basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.