Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Lyrica - Experienced - 1500mg; Not Such a Good Idea

Audio Terrorist

Bluelighter
Well I've been playing with the idea of stepping my Pregabalin intake up from 1200mg to 1500mg for a while now. This is purely for recreational purposes.
I'd taken the usual dose of 1200mg orally, waited for the usual 1.5-2 hours to start feeling it, after about 2 hours into the trip I thought "what the hell" I popped open a 300mg capsule and split it into 2 lines and (Not reading anything into the bio-availablilty nasally) snorted half into each nostril. This, I will not be doing again. The initial experience wasn't unpleasant, but the bitter drip that came for an hour to an hour and a half after was nasty.

Nothing happened, until about 3 hours later where I was a drooling wreck, I could hardly stand let alone walk. Staying awake was an extreme struggle and the pleasant closed eye visuals turned into full out hallucinations. I saw a humungous bottle of champagne advertised at 23.99!!! Turned out the bottle of champagne was a group of people stood at a bus stop and the aforementioned "offer sign" was actually the bus stop. I saw people walking their dogs in the middle of the road until I realised they were actually cars.

If it wasn't the fact that I could hardly stay awake and I was a drooling wreck this may have been a fun experience, but for me anyway, never again.

BTW no other subastances had been touched that day.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_pregabalin
substancecode_gabapentinoids
explevel_experienced
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Lyrica is the absolute shit, man. I know all about these wierd hallucinations. That one's pretty far out, but I've seen somewhat similar shit.

I've done 2.4g's at one time and not had those types of visuals. I've been taking Lyrica for about 2 years now. I found out pretty quickly that tolerance for me increases exponentially.

I found out pretty quickly that tolerance for me increases exponentially.

Yeah I've never had it more than twice in a week but usually I have it once then leave it at least a week then have another dose, I have noticed a slight tolerance. The first time I tried it, 300mg gave me a subtle but still nice buzz, now, I can hardly feel 900mg :( so yeah, tolerance is a problem with it sadly.

I still think it's a great drug though, it feels so full, euphoria, drunkness, chilled out, energised and the stumbling can be funny as if your in the right company :D

I ate 700 mgs for my first time and100 mgs of methadone and I felt like I was retarded. I couldn't think straight, I was seeing all sorts of crazy shit. When I closed my eyes I was in a different world with crazy looking mud people running around trying to hurt me. It was almost scary, but I was so fucked up it really didn't both me too much. I didn't find this drug to really be all that fun at all, I think I took too much for my first dose and I don't think I'll be taking it again, which is unfortunate because I'm scripted 225 mgs a day of it and I haven't turned in the script because its too expensive for a drug I'm not going to take. I'm going to stick with the opiates, they cause euphoria, and don't make me see mud people.

An anti-convulsant medication that makes you feel like you're drunk on ecstacy. Sort of. I love it. It's like Neurontin but better.

Neurontin? That's gabapentin right? My grandma has a script for that. It's alright I guess. Nothing outrageous but a good sleep aid.

I ate 700 mgs for my first time and100 mgs of methadone and I felt like I was retarded. I couldn't think straight, I was seeing all sorts of crazy shit. When I closed my eyes I was in a different world with crazy looking mud people running around trying to hurt me. It was almost scary, but I was so fucked up it really didn't both me too much. I didn't find this drug to really be all that fun at all, I think I took too much for my first dose and I don't think I'll be taking it again, which is unfortunate because I'm scripted 225 mgs a day of it and I haven't turned in the script because its too expensive for a drug I'm not going to take. I'm going to stick with the opiates, they cause euphoria, and don't make me see mud people.

Too much, man... way too much for the first time. It's not fun if you take too much. I took 375mg for my first time, and for about 2 hours I was too fucked up, and after that I levelled off into an amazing state.

Neurontin? That's gabapentin right? My grandma has a script for that. It's alright I guess. Nothing outrageous but a good sleep aid.

yeah, i agree. I was scripted lyrica for a while too btw peeps (I got it for recreational reasons :) ), and it was just flat out schizo-weird and made me walk like an idiot and fall off chairs...fuck that noise...enjoy your GABAergic schizoprenic bendadryl/datura-like visuals..."different strokes"...I'm gonna stop judging right........................now. pz ...funny ass TR btw.

I definitely wouldn't try to categorize lyrica as even remotely psychedelic... it has some weird visual effects but that's it. it just makes me feel really fucking good if the dose is right, all day long.

^
Amen. It's been so long since I've taken it now I'm getting all teary-eyed reading this report again. I fucking love gabapentin/pregabalin.

I've now decided not to touch it again. The last time I tried it, I took 1200mg (as usual) and started getting bad twitches when I wasn't moving. I would be sat down and my fingers would just randomly twitch and I could feel the muscles in my face going too. This carried on until the next day as well :(

I've now decided that it's too new of a drug for me. No-one knows what long term damage may be caused by it at those doses. I would recommend anyone planning on trying it to use caution.

The twitches have now stopped and two weeks later they haven't returned at all but on the second day of twitches, there were times that I thought I'd fucked myself up permanantly.

I am pissed, I can't find the right dosage. I used to take like 2500 mg gabapentin and feel great, now I have a script for Lyrica. I don't ever really get high off it, even in doses of like 700 mg.

I have tried snorting it (actually just tried it like 15 minutes ago, really don't feel anything) and have even injected it several times, which worked, but wasn't really pleasant.

It just doesn't seem to work the way gabapentin did. How much Lyrica should I take to get high if 2500-4000 mg gabapentin used to hit me good.

Glad i didn't fork out heaps for this expensive drug to help me with my benzos withdrawal.

I am pissed, I can't find the right dosage. I used to take like 2500 mg gabapentin and feel great, now I have a script for Lyrica. I don't ever really get high off it, even in doses of like 700 mg.

I have tried snorting it (actually just tried it like 15 minutes ago, really don't feel anything) and have even injected it several times, which worked, but wasn't really pleasant.

It just doesn't seem to work the way gabapentin did. How much Lyrica should I take to get high if 2500-4000 mg gabapentin used to hit me good.

I find Pregabalin to be around 2.5-3 times stronger than Gabapentin so if your Gabapentin dose was 3000mg, I would start with around 1000-1200mg but maybe start a little lower than that just to gauge it cos you don't want to be getting the champagne people delusions that I was getting :D

Glad i didn't fork out heaps for this expensive drug to help me with my benzos withdrawal.

There are probably better (cheaper) drugs out there to help with Benzo withdrawal but I did find that Pregabalin helped loads with my GBL withdrawal. At low doses too, of around 75mg daily.

Funny, I swallowed 1500 mg a half-hour ago and searched "Lyrica dosage" when I came upon this thread. I highly doubt the Lyrica will have any unwanted side effects for me, but the highest dose I have tried before is 1050 mg. So who knows, we'll see what happens...

(Lyrica/1,500mg)-high experience level-mood enhancing and sedating euphoria

I take Lyrica and enjoy the slight euphoric feelings, mood enhancement, and sedation I receive from it. I talked to my doctor and he decided to prescribe the medicine(in the European Union it is prescribed for anxiety) off label for my anxiety, specifically, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I am prescribed 300mg 3 times a day, and it really helps. It also helps decrease drug cravings. I have experimented with all kinds of mind altering substances and studied the neuroscience of many substances. Lyrica (Pregabalin) is a revised version of Neurontin that is much better. It is a very unique drug which attaches to calcium channels and allows increased transport of GABA and decreases the transport of other neurotransmitters. Anyway, when I take a certain amount of Lyrica I feel a euphoric energy, as well as slight woozy sedation. In higher doses I can see the Hallucinations when I close my eyes also. They are very random, quick images, which actually form some kinda weird story. I also see flashes everywhere probably from my eye muscles twitching. It does remind me mildly of Ectasy. Too much also made my muscles tremor. The first time I took it my jaw would convulse, and my body also slightly tremered too. I couldn't talk right and it sounded like I had down syndrome. Once you gain a slight tolerance this goes away, but like all addicts I take like 1,500 mg or around there, and it causes some of these feelings. There is a point where you feel good with no side effects. It is great to be active, listen to music (especially Drum and Bass/Jungle), or just meditate on just the right dose. Lyrica is a good medication for any type of anxiety, fibromyalgia, herpes zoster (shingles), and seizures. If you take the right dosage for you, it is all good.

Haven't taken lyrica in a while, just got 300mg a day filled. Was thinking of doing 1200mg, I want some visuals. I take 4mg clonazepam every day and have taken all 4mg today. I know people say, and according to the facts, it should be true, that benzos and lyrica potentiate the shit out of each other. I have 16mg+ kpin I can use on whatever I want.

Should I go with or without the clonazepam, I want visuals and I was thinking the kpins would diminish the possibility of that, any recommendations? Cause I could go with 1200mg and a lot of clonazepam for a really good time and ultimate relaxation, or just the lyrica in just in hopes of visuals.

Too bad the clonazepam wouldn't have the possibility of increasing visuals. Also going to be smoking a lot of top notch weed.

Last edited: