View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD

Jessica1717

Greenlighter
Hey guys. This is my first post on here. I have a bit of an issue with my old friend LSD. My issue started about a year ago which was the last time that I actually tripped. I have attempted to trip many time with failure each and every time. I just stopped taking Citalprom (which I found nullifies trips) a month ago. After finally putting two and two together about antidepressants and nullifying trips completely, I was so excited to finally trip! So last night we start with one and take a quarter an hour or so in. I thought I was seeing some colors and I thought it was starting...but it never came. As my boyfriend is next to me tripping balls I dont even feel a little more giggly:((((. I think a month is plenty long to be off the SSRI's to be enjoying a trip. I am taking depakote which is a mood stabilizer, which I cant see to find much info on. Could this be the reason for the nullified trips? It used to bring us closer together. We used to bond over a spiritual trip. Who wants to trip alone? My boyfriend doesn't! Anyone have any advice? Please help. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys. This is my first post on here. I have a bit of an issue with my old friend LSD. My issue started about a year ago which was the last time that I actually tripped. I have attempted to trip many time with failure each and every time. I just stopped taking Citalprom (which I found nullifies trips) a month ago. After finally putting two and two together about antidepressants and nullifying trips completely, I was so excited to finally trip! So last night we start with one and take a quarter an hour or so in. I thought I was seeing some colors and I thought it was starting...but it never came. As my boyfriend is next to me tripping balls I dont even feel a little more giggly:((((. I think a month is plenty long to be off the SSRI's to be enjoying a trip. I am taking depakote which is a mood stabilizer, which I cant see to find much info on. Could this be the reason for the nullified trips? It used to bring us closer together. We used to bond over a spiritual trip. Who wants to trip alone? My boyfriend doesn't! Anyone have any advice? Please help. Thanks in advance!
depakote can completely ruin any LSD efficacy

In bipolar and schizophrenia doctors are seeking to medicate spiritual experiences, which lsd is so fond of giving

Depakote raises GABA levels. You can expect it to weaken or cancel out trips, somewhat like benzodiazepines.

Depakote raises GABA levels. You can expect it to weaken or cancel out trips, somewhat like benzodiazepines.
Any idea how long you have to be
Thanks! Any idea how long after you stop taking Depakote to trip? The half life is about 16 hours and supposedly out of your system in 2 days. I just dont know if your brain needs more time? If that makes any sense lol.

They there. :) The depakote will definitely nullify the trip so you should wait a while until it's out of your system. Not sure how long though as I have no experience with it. Going off your meds can be risky though, depending on why you were on them in the first place. I can't say I recommend it, but I also don't know your story or history.

Have you fully tripped on LSD before? I had a weird thing where for many years, I could not get past a threshold effect, and I've never been on any meds either. My friends would be tripping balls and I'd be like... I think I see some colors... no wait, nothing. I eventually took a huge dose and actually tripped and since then I seem to be getting more and more sensitive. I guess my point is, some people need to sort of work their way into LSD, I have talked to other people on here who had the same thing happen. Of course, if you've successfully tripped on it in the past then it's probably just the meds.

If you're fine off the meds, I'd recommend waiting at least a week if not longer, and trying again. Give your brain a little time to clear out. But if it's risky for you to be off your meds, I think it might not be a good idea. Not sure what your situation is.

They there. :) The depakote will definitely nullify the trip so you should wait a while until it's out of your system. Not sure how long though as I have no experience with it. Going off your meds can be risky though, depending on why you were on them in the first place. I can't say I recommend it, but I also don't know your story or history.

Have you fully tripped on LSD before? I had a weird thing where for many years, I could not get past a threshold effect, and I've never been on any meds either. My friends would be tripping balls and I'd be like... I think I see some colors... no wait, nothing. I eventually took a huge dose and actually tripped and since then I seem to be getting more and more sensitive. I guess my point is, some people need to sort of work their way into LSD, I have talked to other people on here who had the same thing happen. Of course, if you've successfully tripped on it in the past then it's probably just the meds.

If you're fine off the meds, I'd recommend waiting at least a week if not longer, and trying again. Give your brain a little time to clear out. But if it's risky for you to be off your meds, I think it might not be a good idea. Not sure what your situation is.
I had two seizures back to back in December which was completely awful. All of my tests came back normal though, saying that I do not have epilepsy. They said my "threshold" was very high due to a very severe infection in my sinuses, as well as stress and lack of sleep. He said I should be on the depakote for 6 months. I definitely don't want another seizure to happen and won't go off the meds until my doctor advises me to do so. I'm just trying to understand why this is happening or not happening furthermore. We have tickets to a music festival in a month and it's a completely different experience if you are unable to be on a different plane if you know what I mean.

Yes I certainly do know what you mean, I go to a lot of music festivals and some Burns. :)

Sounds like you should figure out what's going on, you do NOT want more seizures.