• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lsd while being on Risperidone

I am not sure weather I will receive a depot-form of this medication, (meaning slow-release), so I will probably be on this medication while tripping... How much acid do you think I will have to take, in order to achieve a trip during being medicated with this drug?

I am not sure weather I will receive a depot-form of this medication, (meaning slow-release), so I will probably be on this medication while tripping...

Oh you're getting the injection... that takes months to get out of your system :/

How much acid do you think I will have to take, in order to achieve a trip during being medicated with this drug?
I'm telling you man it's not going to work.

All I can tell you is one time I took 800ug 5 days after taking 2mg of risperidone. (I was NOT taking it daily, just one dose 5 days earlier). I had no visuals at all on 800ug and was left feeling uncomfortable and shitty for 12 hours.

Brute forcing a dose is speculation on my part, because I have never succeeding in doing so...

It's not worth it man.

Oh you're getting the injection... that takes months to get out of your system :/

I'm telling you man it's not going to work.

All I can tell you is one time I took 800ug 5 days after taking 2mg of risperidone. (I was NOT taking it daily, just one dose 5 days earlier). I had no visuals at all on 800ug and was left feeling uncomfortable and shitty for 12 hours.

Brute forcing a dose is speculation on my part, because I have never succeeding in doing so...

It's not worth it man.
Which other drug (apart from abilify, would I be able to trip on then?

Which other drug (apart from abilify, would I be able to trip on then?
Sorry to say but I'm fairly certain that all of the 2nd gen APs you are likely to be given will all block basically all psychedelics.

What about 1.gen AP's, then?
I am much less familiar with gen 1, but to my knowledge they may even block it more than gen 2

but gen 1 APs are much more diverse I can only name a few

they don't really prescribe gen 1 anymore, the side effects are even more hardcore

Yeah if you're taking risperidone by injection you'll probably have to wait weeks before being able to trip again. And in any case, your doctor would have to taper you off first, I don't think it's a good idea to quit cold turkey if you've been taking it for a while.

If they're giving you that treatment just for bipolar you likely had a pretty severe case of mania, if that was the case it's probably not a good idea to stop the medication just to take LSD.
If you're diagnosis is not that severe (maybe your doctor is kinda old-school) then I would consider trying other treatments, because risperidone has some really nasty side effects with long-term use.

Ok... it is worth mentioning though, that I read somewhere that someone on risperidone were able to trip successfully, but the effects were somewhat dampened...
So, I'm not sure if I should trust your conclusion...

Last edited:
Ok... it is worth mentioning though, that I read somewhere that someone on risperidone were able to trip successfully, but the effects were somewhat dampened...
I've also heard about people taking mushrooms and at least tripping a little bit. I'm not really sure how much I believe that. With what I experienced when I tried a novice user could easily interpret that as a "dampened trip". Again, not worth it.

All of what I said, my experience and all the research I've done is specific to LSD/Meth and risperidone/olanzapine. So outside of that I'm just not sure.

i wasn't able to get high when i was on rispond 3mg then i took 2 invega injections and i couldnt feel high for half year so i guess the same goes to lsd

I don't know if I'm comfortable with the direction this thread is going in, though. Suggestions, even implied, about going off meds are irresponsible. Choosing a psych med based on whether you can trip is problematic to say the least. It's true that typical (1st gen) neuroleptics are less antiserotonergic, but he's probably not going to like being on them, and, especially if the diagnosis is bipolar d/o, the doctor is not going to prescribe them anyway as a first line treatment.

one time I took 800ug
O/T: By no means a specific attack on you but there really should be a sticky and a rule about this. Unless you're really sure, in which case I apologize, people shouldn't be throwing around numbers like this, especially in situations like this where it can be construed as something someone else should try.

Dealers lie (or, if working retail, more likely were lied to) and commercial LSD is almost never the promised strength. The last time I was actually in a position to know (over a decade ago), a particular batch of doses laid at 100mcg per hit of product that was roughly 75% pure (+)-d-LSD (per LC/MS; balance mostly lumi-LSD, inactive) were considered good quality and plenty strong. The retailers definitely could have gotten away with advertising it as above 100 mics or even "double dipped" or whatever tomfoolery to the less sophisticated end user or even retailer.

Unless people really know from the ultimate source or by quantative analysis, most people don't know what mics feel like and it's very subjective. Think you're getting a high dose and the semi-placebo effect kicks in and you think you're tripping harder. The experience is so subjective it's hard to estimate a number anyway when or after tripping. Hence, in the words of Proposition Joe, people can "put out piss and call it shit."

100mcg is much stronger than people think and assuming it's equivalent to one hit, or whatever, let alone trying to compare between different batches laid by different people, is a fool's errand. 800mcg will steal your face indeed. 5HT2a gets saturated around 1.4mg.

TL;DR—In the majority of cases saying 800mcg only sounds more specific than saying "8 hits of above-average acid."

You're right though that OP is probably not going to get off even at a high dose.

Last edited:
@SKL very aware and I even tout your message all the time about all the unknowns surrounding blotter and liquid or any LSD for that matter

I've done too much acid for one man. I'd like to think I know what 100ug feels like. I believe I have a strong general idea after having gone through several dozen varieties of tabs sold at 100ug. true 100ugs being the strongest of the bunch.

And yeah, people don't realize that LSD becomes very strong above 200ug due to kids taking criminally underdosed tabs.

Alas, you are right. Although I have done nothing but discourage use in this thread.

Here, have a beer. 🍻

Last edited:
Reactions: SKL
I've also heard about people taking mushrooms and at least tripping a little bit. I'm not really sure how much I believe that. With what I experienced when I tried a novice user could easily interpret that as a "dampened trip". Again, not worth it.

All of what I said, my experience and all the research I've done is specific to LSD/Meth and risperidone/olanzapine. So outside of that I'm just not sure.

Sorry for all the questions but i was also on respiradone and was wonder how long off that does lsd and meth work. Thanks :)

@SKL

Here, have a beer. 🍻

i don't know if this is a joke, but no beer on risperdal imo... i heard you saying to wait like 14-21 days of something to trip. i think this might be true with drinking. lol. i tried drinking when i was off it for like a week. i only had a few beers. i didn't even get that buzzed. the next day though i didn't even eat much but i was puking up small amounts of yellow junk for like hours on end....... my friend used to drink on loads of risperdal though... i really would take extreme caution with that though.

in my experience the only thing that really goes with anti-psychotics is cannabis. i tried a couple grams of shrooms while on risperdal and it didn't work at all.

i don't know if this is a joke, but no beer on risperdal imo... i heard you saying to wait like 14-21 days of something to trip. i think this might be true with drinking. lol. i tried drinking when i was off it for like a week. i only had a few beers. i didn't even get that buzzed. the next day though i didn't even eat much but i was puking up small amounts of yellow junk for like hours on end....... my friend used to drink on loads of risperdal though... i really would take extreme caution with that though.

in my experience the only thing that really goes with anti-psychotics is cannabis. i tried a couple grams of shrooms while on risperdal and it didn't work at all.
I guess I was joking, don't remember writing that post and was probably drunk.

I've never had any adverse effects from APs and alcohol. But people on APs shouldn't be drinking anyways.

I'm an alcoholic. I drink on everything, but would never recommend others do so.

I would say there is the same reasoning not to smoke cannabis with APs as there is not to drink alcohol. Both are psychotogenic.

Last edited:
^^^yeah, @Snafu in the Void I just meant you can still get a buzz with out nasty side effects other than maybe red eye was more apparent.

i've ran into doctors that say definitely no cannabis and others that say it's okay for me to be doing. i read the schizophrenia forum on reddit. it's definitely different for everyone. i don't even post there because people get mad and down vote everything that isn't taking meds or thinking in a certain way. definite anti-weed over there. tons of people with awful experiences.