• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD where did it go

i know for a fact that availability went down from 01-04, at least for myself.
And i ran in the same circles then as i do now.
Those few years had an abundance of mushrooms and RC's but acid was scarce (though still available on occasion).

the 90% figure may well be conjured, but the bust did put a dent in availability.

and as any major dude mentioned, after that prices trippled, or even more if you're unlucky.

Availability went way down during those years. They never got Pickards ergotamine source though. Thats the only fish who really matters.

One month it was flooded and cheap, the next couple years nothing much to speak of.

Its been back for a while now, but not like it was.

holy shit dude 1.00 for bulk, thats was so good. rather then 4 or 5 that is going around now

here on the west coast of canada, it has completely dried up over the past few months. i could buy a sheet for $* about 4 months ago, now if i can find it (which is really not easy), i'm looking at paying at least $* a sheet. it's starting to cost about $10 a hit, which is double the price it was at the beginning of the year. and the crazy thing is, people are expecting to pay $10, so if it's available cheaper than that, they think it's awesome to only pay $8 each. yikes. i started doing lsd in the eary 90's, it was $5 a tab back then, and has been up until very recently. i don't like it!

lsd should be sold for distibution purposes, not profit, and priced accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's all about who you know, and to a certain extent where you live. I don't live in san fran, but I have friends who do and say that it's easy as 1-2-3 to find good, cheap acid. And anywhere else, you just gotta know the right people. I have no trouble finding it, but I used to have absolutely no clue where to get it. Going to raves/hanging out with lots of druggies helps ;)

Its all about who you know. There never has been a real shortage of acid, you just don't know who is dealing it.

Find circles where people are heavy into psychedelic drugs and you shouldn't have to much trouble, though finding those people is that hard part.

Pickard Apperson supplied 90% of the world's supply of LSD... you're telling me when 90% of the world's supply goes away, a shortage does not occur? You're insane.

Approximately 1% of all the "Acid" on the market actually contains LSD, they rest is mainly DOx's and 5-MeO-AMT (not to mention people trying to fit 2C-x's on blotter, Bromo Dragonfly, LSA, and various other tryptamines).

Funny enough the people dealing it.. let's say "The Dead Family", I have seen so much shit they call LSD that is a DOx I could slap the shit out of the next one I see.

In perspective there is a shortage of LSD, in reality.. there may not be a shortage, just a higher ratio of DOx:LSD than in the past (making the appearance of a shortage).

Either way, you need to look a lot harder to find it. My recommendation, buy an Ehrlich's Modified Reagent test kit.

Just because there was a 90% drop doesnt mean he was producing 90% of the LSD.

Let's do some math.

1KG = 1000 grams

The average hit on the street is 50µg's LSD.

so.. 1kg = 1,000,000,000µg's

Meaning Pickard-Apperson made 20,000,000 hits every five weeks, or 208,000,000 hits a year.

You do not think that was 90% of the LSD why?

Last edited:
Pickard Apperson supplied 90% of the world's supply of LSD... you're telling me when 90% of the world's supply goes away, a shortage does not occur? You're insane.

Approximately 1% of all the "Acid" on the market actually contains LSD, they rest is mainly DOx's and 5-MeO-DMT (not to mention people trying to fit 2C-x's on blotter, Bromo Dragonfly, LSA, and various other tryptamines).

Funny enough the people dealing it.. let's say "The Dead Family", I have seen so much shit they call LSD that is a DOx I could slap the shit out of the next one I see.

In perspective there is a shortage of LSD, in reality.. there may not be a shortage, just a higher ratio of DOx:LSD than in the past (making the appearance of a shortage).

Either way, you need to look a lot harder to find it. My recommendation, buy an Ehrlich's Modified Reagent test kit.
I highly doubt Pickard supplied 90% of the world's LSD. That number actually comes from the decrease in LSD sales following the bust, but other chemists laying low for a while when things were looking hot could easily have had to do with that. Also consider that numerical figures coming from drug law enforcement tend to be suspect (look at most any "estimated street value" figure given by law enforcement). Saying that only 1% of what's being sold as LSD is LSD is pretty ridiculous, too. The market has gotten more sketchy, but not to the point where 99% of it is bunk.

Saying that only 1% of what's being sold as LSD is LSD is pretty ridiculous, too. The market has gotten more sketchy, but not to the point where 99% of it is bunk.

Ever used a test kit or had a gc/ms performed on your so called LSD? If not, how do you know it was not DOC?

I would say 1% is very accurate, mind you that is the world, not the United States. Financially it is smarter to buy a DOx and sell it as LSD.. LSD is many-fold more expensive than DOx's are (especially in bulk). Laying LSD can still run a couple dollars a hit compared to laying DOC at a couple pennies a hit.

Ever used a test kit or had a gc/ms performed on your so called LSD? If not, how do you know it was not DOC?

I would say 1% is very accurate, mind you that is the world, not the United States. Financially it is smarter to buy a DOx and sell it as LSD.. LSD is many-fold more expensive than DOx's are (especially in bulk). Laying LSD can still run a couple dollars a hit compared to laying DOC at a couple pennies a hit.
DOx compounds generally have a longer onset and a longer duration than LSD.

Hey Shep, 67.94% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
So i dont believe the 90% figure.

As for your theory of it mostly being DOx's and 2c's, tryptamines, DOB dragonfly, and 5 meo dmt (i can assure you no one has ever tried to pass off 5 meo dmt as acid), is that something else you picked up off the DEA site?

In over a decade of buying LSD i have come across a DOx less then 5 times. As for those other things, never.

And your math problem doesnt make much sense because its not like the entire kilo is being laid out too 50ug.

It passes throug a few hands before getting laid. The person laying it decides how strong to make it.
So while there could have been sheets layed at 50ug, there were also those layed at 100ug and more at times.

Funny you should ask because i have.

The first time i was sold bitter blotter i thought it was a DOx.
after having it tested it proved to be LSD, and a high dose at that.

Why are you so convinced that because you cant get LSD that it means that noone else can either.

DOx compounds generally have a longer onset and a longer duration than LSD.

So you're going by a substances onset and duration instead of a Ehrlich's marquis or gc/ms? That just does not sound like an accurate way to judge.. I mean atleast with a black light you have a sure way to tell if it is not LSD.

DOC (hence the reason I picked it):

Onset of the drug is 1-3 hours, peak and plateau at 4-8 hours, and a gradual come down.

Not to mention, it is (by the general consensus) very LSD-like.

Approximately 1% of all the "Acid" on the market actually contains LSD, they rest is mainly DOx's and 5-MeO-DMT (not to mention people trying to fit 2C-x's on blotter, Bromo Dragonfly, LSA, and various other tryptamines).

Could you at least backup such an absurd statement with some form of evidence?

I mean atleast with a black light you have a sure way to tell if it is not LSD.
It's far from being a "sure way". LSD isn't the only thing that fluoresces under UV light. That test also doesn't work too great with blotters period.

As for your theory of it mostly being DOx's and 2c's, tryptamines, DOB dragonfly, and 5 meo dmt (i can assure you no one has ever tried to pass off 5 meo dmt as acid), is that something else you picked up off the DEA site?

My bad, I made a typo.

5-MeO-AMT

And your math problem doesnt make much sense because its not like the entire kilo is being laid out too 50ug.

I converted it to average street hits (50µg's).

Why are you so convinced that because you cant get LSD that it means that noone else can either.

I have heard so many people say they have LSD and having personally see that as incorrect, I am simply giving an explanation to the "shortage" of LSD at current.

I don't have access? I am a member on four underground RC/Illicit boards as well as SOS (and have an UD referral). I am simply explaining the bullshit that goes on at the street level. I am not saying it does not exist, I am saying it is more probable to run into DOx's than LSD.

It's far from being a "sure way". LSD isn't the only thing that fluoresces under UV light. That test also doesn't work too great with blotters period.

Should it not fluoresce blue, it is not LSD. Simply a rule of thumb.

Could you at least backup such an absurd statement with some form of evidence?

I don't remember where I saw it (probably one of the DEA reports), should I find it I will gladly source it to you.

The main reason I haven't bought any is only partially the availability, and mostly my unwillingness to pay +10 bucks a hit or +5 for bulk.

Damn... I would pay $50 for a good hit. LSD is one of the only drugs I have yet to try that's on my list. I have done every other psych I wanted to except for LSD, only because it literally NEVER comes to my town. And its not just the fact I don't know the right people, because believe me I know everyone here, and the last time acid came through was years ago; only I didn't have the desire to try it :(

Who knows how many more years it will be before acid comes by again, if ever.

DEA Fan said:
I am saying it is more probable to run into DOx's than LSD.

In 20 years of buying acid I have never once been sold anything as acid that wasn't acid. I also don't personally know anybody else who has bought anything sold as acid that wasn't acid. I have never yet had any DOx substances to compare it to but I have had acid directly from "the source" many times over the years. It's all been acid - every drop, every blotter, every other carrier I've had it on. Every single one was acid. I would actually pay more for DOx because it's so damn rare. Your figures are complete bullshit.

I have had acid directly from "the source" many times over the years.

And I would not think to argue you; many people do not have that luxury. I have friends in Norcal, Socal, FL, NY, NH, VT, TN, and MA who (on a regular basis) see DOx's and not LSD (when they are sold "Acid"). I have personally seen more DOx's from festivals (Camp Bisco and Mountain Jam) along with more DOx's in my area than LSD.

Your figures are complete bullshit.

Look, I'm not here to start a flame war... I'm just saying a lot of areas are cursed with DOx's and will never see the light of actual LSD-25. Quite frankly I do not care if you think it's bullshit. Here is how I see it stack up:

I can buy 200 (using erowid's "Common Dose") doses of DOM for $300.
I can buy 200 (using erowid's "Common Dose" hits of LSD for $740

I don't consider either of those two to be bulk by any means, and DOM is one of the more expensive DOx's I have access to.

I am simply saying, between all the people I know and all the "Acid" on the street, DOx's have outweighed LSD. I have seen Marquis & Ehrlich's Modified reagents along with GC/MS results to back that, not just someone running their mouth.

Next are you going to tell me that there are not piperazines in street "ecstasy"?

Furthermore.. I am a member on ~10 boards with people from all over the world, showing results from having DOx's and not LSD. I will take a few hundred people's results of having DOx' or 5-MeO-AMT than one or two guys who have a good ring for suppliers.

I only buy crystal MDMA cos I don't like pipz ;)

The figures are bullshit because they are DEA figures. They lie about drugs. A lot. I'm sure you may have noticed :D

Trying to extrapolate from the people you know and government statistics is not going to yield very reliable results. LSD is manufactured by many chemists in many countries in massive quantities. It's clearly not distributed around the world evenly cos there are hotspots where you can't move for tripping over acid and there are coldspots where it seems to be a mythical beast. I'd suggest the problem with availability is one of distribuition rather than production cos there is plenty out there I can assure you. Happy hunting :)

I'd suggest the problem with availability is one of distribuition

That is what I was saying here:

there are hotspots where you can't move for tripping over acid and there are coldspots where it seems to be a mythical beast.

Exactly. I didn't say I had a shortage, I was essentially trying to get at the abundance of DOx's in many areas that outweigh the supply of LSD.

We're saying the same shit.