View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD where did it go

MKLS36

Greenlighter
I was talking to a bunch of old friends and they where telling me that lsd circulation was not as high now as it was when they where teens and in ther 20s. is this true or is just their believes.

I'm only in my 20's but compared to how common lsd usage was in yesteryear I'd have to say it is true. I have to search high and low to find acid, while weed is usually pretty easy to find.

LSD back in the day wasn't as profit/money making based as it is now and so many producers aren't sharing the love as much any more. Also in recent years (past 10-20 years or so) numerous LSD production facilities have been found and shut down, from memory a facility that produced a large percentage of the worlds acid was uncovered. This along with more uptight security measures and anti-drug stuff has ruined it for everyone.

In the UK we seem to have done pretty well for LSD over the last year or so.

%)

Its all about who you know. There never has been a real shortage of acid, you just don't know who is dealing it.

Find circles where people are heavy into psychedelic drugs and you shouldn't have to much trouble, though finding those people is that hard part.

supply and demand. The acid goes where the people who are interested are.

Also just because there are LSD lab busts doesn't mean there aren't many others spread across the world producing this magical goodness. Obviously we can't find out how many producer there are, but I'm sure one lab isn't going to do shit to the market considering how many sheets of acid you can lay from one synthesis.

Also just because there are LSD lab busts doesn't mean there aren't many others spread across the world producing this magical goodness. Obviously we can't find out how many producer there are, but I'm sure one lab isn't going to do shit to the market considering how many sheets of acid you can lay from one synthesis.

But that isn't really true because if you look at the Pickard case.

"According to court testimony, they would produce a kilogram of LSD approximately every 5 weeks. The government contends following their arrest there was a 90% drop in the availability of LSD worldwide."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Leonard_Pickard

So your little assumption isn't really something to count on.
But sure most may labs not make those amounts but don't think that it's impossible.

I used to have a lot of good LSD connects and they all dried up after the Pickard stuff ran out, circa 2002-03

i bet the drop in availability after the Pickard bust had as much to do with him not being around as it did with other cooks taking a little hiatus while the heat settled.

Just because there was a 90% drop doesnt mean he was producing 90% of the LSD.

And since ~04 availability has been growing with each year.

while the availability has gone back up somewhat since the distinct dropoff post-Pickard, the price hasn't really gone back down. The main reason I haven't bought any is only partially the availability, and mostly my unwillingness to pay +10 bucks a hit or +5 for bulk. Used to be $0.80-$1 a hit bulk and rarely over 5 retail. Someone started selling weight to douchebags somewhere along the way... :\

i think the inflation in the price of LSD is just a reflection on the inflation everywhere else.

While people could have made decent money selling sheets for a hundred 10-20 years ago thats not the case anymore.

A 10 strip is not that expensive today, and worth every penny :)

i bet the drop in availability after the Pickard bust had as much to do with him not being around as it did with other cooks taking a little hiatus while the heat settled.

Just because there was a 90% drop doesnt mean he was producing 90% of the LSD.

And since ~04 availability has been growing with each year.

That is most likely yes but is the same thing happened today it would probably get the same result, that other chemist would get paranoid or what ever you want to call it.

it truly was a free commodity on and around Haight Street forty odd years ago .
-- i mean it could be bought but money changed hands very infrequently at street level .
but then that was bust out years for psychedelics and stuff had a way to go to settle down into a market based distribution mechanisms that became accepted .
--curiously cannabis, during that decade was more of a cash cow . it was, for the most part, anything but the bud in the kilos that people were running around peddling .
Kesey's people were the engine behind free p-drugs for a few halcyon years.

But that isn't really true because if you look at the Pickard case.

"According to court testimony, they would produce a kilogram of LSD approximately every 5 weeks. The government contends following their arrest there was a 90% drop in the availability of LSD worldwide."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Leonard_Pickard

So your little assumption isn't really something to count on.
But sure most may labs not make those amounts but don't think that it's impossible.

Can a get a legit source on that? I looked around on the sources cited on wiki and couldn't find anything.

Also how the hell do the DEA or other officials know whether or not people are still recieving LSD from other sources? Did they send out a survey asking how easy it is to get LSD in your area? I'm guessing from less busts, but I still feel that is a stretch of a correlation.

It seems mighty farafetch (sp) that there would be such a drop, especially with the amount of LSD already on the market from Pickard.

To me it sounds like a load of bullshit. The number of chemists able to synthesis LSD is numerous, same with the amount of people trying to make a buck.

I could be wrong, but I guess we will never know

i know for a fact that availability went down from 01-04, at least for myself.
And i ran in the same circles then as i do now.
Those few years had an abundance of mushrooms and RC's but acid was scarce (though still available on occasion).

the 90% figure may well be conjured, but the bust did put a dent in availability.

and as any major dude mentioned, after that prices trippled, or even more if you're unlucky.

i think the inflation in the price of LSD is just a reflection on the inflation everywhere else.

While people could have made decent money selling sheets for a hundred 10-20 years ago thats not the case anymore.

A 10 strip is not that expensive today, and worth every penny :)

I dunno, $100 for a ten strip just makes me cringe, for maybe 1mg of the desired chemical if you're lucky... and I'd be inclined to agree, but i'm still paying the same prices for reefer as I was back then, and still being offered pressed pills at the same price or cheaper (i very rarely purchase those).

I dunno, $100 for a ten strip just makes me cringe, for maybe 1mg of the desired chemical if you're lucky... and I'd be inclined to agree, but i'm still paying the same prices for reefer as I was back then, and still being offered pressed pills at the same price or cheaper (i very rarely purchase those).

That would be insane. I've never seen prices that high. Nor would I really want to pay that for bulk.