Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

LSD powder/cap?

Captain Ping

Bluelighter
Stupid question maybe, but is LSD ever a powder? If so, is it likely to be found on the street in capsules? I'm assuming not, but I met some people tripping off caps of powder and calling it acid... is this likely to be 2C-T-7 or similar? I've had no experience with such. If I end up trying them, I'll post a pic. They are large light green caps filled with blue-green powder, for what its worth. I assume its not LSD, at the very least?

It's impossible for any of us to say, but I would say it was a 2-Cx compound rather than an LSD substance. Never heard of LSD in powder form and the fact that you need ~200ug of LSD to have a good high would seem strange if it were cut with ~100mg of green powder..........

Originally posted by Captain Ping
Stupid question maybe, but is LSD ever a powder?
Yes, but its very small and it would be unlikely for you to ever see it. You would have to be higher in the chain to get this.

If so, is it likely to be found on the street in capsules?
If you were high enough I would say its possible, but it would be very uncommon.

I'm assuming not, but I met some people tripping off caps of powder and calling it acid... is this likely to be 2C-T-7 or similar?

If they have an amount of power that was easily visible to the naked eye then it certainly isn't LSD. Most people simply call any trippy drug LSD because they simply don't know what else it could be. It is ignorance that leads them to this conclusion.

I've had no experience with such. If I end up trying them, I'll post a pic. They are large light green caps filled with blue-green powder, for what its worth. I assume its not LSD, at the very least?
It could be anything, no one would know without a lab test but it is very unlikely to be LSD.

They weren't crystals though. It could be glucose with a drop of liquid LSD too, but if it is only the powder that is active then it can't be LSD because the dose would need to me in the mg range.

^^ A reasonable amount of powdered LSD crystals could be diluted with an inert powder so that the capsulator can then weigh out practical amounts (aliquots with right microgram dosage of LSD per dose of combined powder) to put into capsules.

That's an unlikely scenario, but not impossible.

But yeah like you say, if it is just the active LSD powder by itself, then the dose would be too small to see.

Last edited:
I've had LSD cut with kelp... Held my thumb over the vial and tipped it upside down, whatever stuck was roughly a dose, though you needed a couple of those to get a real hit off it.

I once knew a guy who travelled OS for some years. While away, he left a bottle of liquid LSD with a relative who supposedly kept it in a cool, dark environment. When he returned to Aus he collected the bottle and brought it along to a doof. Some of the solvent had obviously evaporated and left little crystals stuck around the the cap and screw thread of the bottle.

Just what happened to the guy who took one of those crystals is another story 8(

So, while not directly relating to obtaining or seeing LSD for sale as a single dose crystal form, this does demonstrate that apart from "hot off the press" acid, it can exist as a crystal simply from the evaporation of whatever it may have been dissolved in.

However, as others have said, if you can easily see such a crystal, and it's claimed to be a single dose, either it's a very big dose or it isn't pure LSD.

Certainly it is not impossible for LSD to exist in crystal form in significant amounts.

In the only recorded case of death from LSD overdose a man mistook it for speed and IVed 320mg (!!) of it. There was also a case where 8 people at a dinner party mistook it for cocaine and snorted a whole shitload of it.Ref here
For either of those things to have happened they would have had to have had a fair amount of the stuff in the form of a powder.

So yes it can exist. Is what you've seen likely to be crystalline LSD? Certainly not.