View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Microdosing: Creating Healthier Habits

Yeetdruggie

Bluelighter
Okay guys so I was wondering if any of you have engaged in regular LSD microdosing to help create healthier habits in your life such as taking time for self care, exercising, and/or increasing your ability/passion in studying something you enjoy?

I’ve been considering microdosing LSD for a 6 month span with specific days for the dosing so that I may begin to incorporate exercise and meditation into my routine. My plans for microdosing do not exceed 2 small (10-15ug) doses per week (only on mon & thurs for the first 4 months, mon & fri on the 5th month, and only mon on the 6th month, whilst my 7th month will consist of weaning off microdoses and only having recreational trips every once in a while).

I plan to incorporate daily meditation (that increases in duration over time), daily journal keeping to track my emotions/thoughts/practices, and exercise mon-fri of each week. Some of my goals include being able to gain the confidence to exercise with my partner and to exercise regularly to aid my depression/get me outside so I’m not socially isolated on the daily.

I’ve noticed that LSD always increases my desire to be physically active and get outside which greatly benefits my depressive lifestyle and isolated tendencies. All throughout the 17 hour trips/comedowns I have on LSD, I am more willing to be active and I have better self-concepts where I don’t degrade my efforts to better my lifestyle choices.

I’m not interested in hearing criticism unless it’s constructive and is referenced from your own experience taking prolonged (1 month or more) microdoses of LSD. I just want to know if anyone else has done so successfully, and what changes you made or things you noticed along the way.

I think your plan sounds good, experiment with it and see how it goes. Have you tried microdosing at all already? I find 10-15ug to be too much and am definitely tripping at that dosage. I've kind of settled in on 3-5ug as my go-to, but I know it's different for everyone.

I went through a period where I was microdosing over the course of a month or two, but very unscheduled, basically just whenever I had the whim, but never 2 days in a row. It probably worked out to slightly less than twice a week. I enjoyed how it helped me see problems in a new light, gave me great creative energy. I was more productive, but in a weird way, like actually slower at doing things maybe, but less wheel-spinning. It definitely made me want to get out and exercise more, I bet it will give you the same urge.

I really like microdosing, but am also hesitant with it. I'm not sure that it's safe, it could be risky for heart health. I started getting a lot of heart flutters during the time that I was microdosing, which went away once I stopped. It doesn't really make sense to me how microdosing could have caused it, so I think it could have been coincedence. But aside from that there's the lingering concern that chronic microdosing could do damage to the heart valves.

The other negative that I noticed is that (surprisingly) my temper and patience became shorter on it. It's something I can mitigate by being more mindful, which paradoxically is easier whilst microdosing. But I just found that to be something I had to watch out for in myself, maybe it will be helpful to have that on your radar as well.

I really like microdosing LSD. I would definitely microdose more regularly if the heart valve concerns turned out to be a non-issue. More research is needed!

I have mircodosed lsd before 15 ug will put you in a light trip so dosages should be under 10 ug. I personally find psilocybin to be better for microdose effects. But im against LSD microdosing i personally didn't see much from it. I have a firm believe in the macro dose or dont touch psychedelics. The true life altering power of LSD is medium to high doses with good intent. My heroic lsd trips have been the ones which changed my life around and let me with amazing afterglows for months.

Heroic doses 30+ years ago were my thing. Now it takes verrrrrry little acid, and more suggestion to get me there.
But what I notice most, besides energy and lateral thinking, is my temper is much improved.

Been MD’ing for about a year and a bit, and just don’t yell anymore. Arguments feel like actual calm discussions, and I’m cool with whatever outcome.
It;s almost like the ego dissolution is more profound in personality effects when spread over a course of MD’ing, as opposed to our beloved hero doses.

But different; more in things like patience and empathy. Because those effects are there without the visuals and headspace of a full dose, I find I can work thru real problems and almost “watch” myself navigate the daily challenges, as opposed to be driving thru them, first person.

I like both, but I am much healthier emotionally now following this course of small and micro doses. But I do agree with TripSitterNZ, that large doses can permanently open these gates. Indeed one could be all a particular individual ever needs. I myself have some past traumas, so continue to explore and still keep learning.

Hopefully Pupnik will chime in; another fellow MD-er.

I enjoyed how it helped me see problems in a new light, gave me great creative energy. I was more productive, but in a weird way, like actually slower at doing things maybe, but less wheel-spinning... The other negative that I noticed is that (surprisingly) my temper and patience became shorter on it.
This conforms with my experiences so far. I used to be highly creative, but haven't been for about twenty years. Microdosing has been enhancing my wit and creativity, but pathetically so far. I hope and suspect that it's pathetic just because those cognitive pathways are rusty and will improve with practice.

The impatience and irritability are a real drag, though. They're attributes that used to be pretty pronounced in my personality that haven't been problematic in probably two decades, as well. Prior to microdosing, my last experience with lysergamides was with AL-LAD over four years ago. I found that it made me hypercritical of myself and others during the experience and for two days afterword. I strongly disliked that and never took it again. I think this may be related.

On one day, I took six fresh, green morning glory seeds instead of my usual microdose. I found that I experienced emotional uplift, but no energy, irritability, or creativity--at least not noticeably. I was pretty preoccupied that day, though, so I'll have to repeat it. In my experiences with plant based lysergamides, I don't ever recall feeling hyperanalytical, though

You know Your LSD microdoses are working when Your hair starts growing faster.

If Your nails and hair stops growing and You still are microdosing. That means You are healing on the inside.

If Your nails and hair stops growing and You still are microdosing. That means You are healing on the inside.
what an unusually keratinous claim!

why would you think that?

This is the first time you talk some sense. I swear LSD makes my hair grow faster

I think your plan sounds good, experiment with it and see how it goes. Have you tried microdosing at all already? I find 10-15ug to be too much and am definitely tripping at that dosage. I've kind of settled in on 3-5ug as my go-to, but I know it's different for everyone.

I went through a period where I was microdosing over the course of a month or two, but very unscheduled, basically just whenever I had the whim, but never 2 days in a row. It probably worked out to slightly less than twice a week. I enjoyed how it helped me see problems in a new light, gave me great creative energy. I was more productive, but in a weird way, like actually slower at doing things maybe, but less wheel-spinning. It definitely made me want to get out and exercise more, I bet it will give you the same urge.

I really like microdosing, but am also hesitant with it. I'm not sure that it's safe, it could be risky for heart health. I started getting a lot of heart flutters during the time that I was microdosing, which went away once I stopped. It doesn't really make sense to me how microdosing could have caused it, so I think it could have been coincedence. But aside from that there's the lingering concern that chronic microdosing could do damage to the heart valves.

The other negative that I noticed is that (surprisingly) my temper and patience became shorter on it. It's something I can mitigate by being more mindful, which paradoxically is easier whilst microdosing. But I just found that to be something I had to watch out for in myself, maybe it will be helpful to have that on your radar as well.

I really like microdosing LSD. I would definitely microdose more regularly if the heart valve concerns turned out to be a non-issue. More research is needed!
Hey thank you so much for your response! I actually microdosed the first time this past Tuesday but I noticed relatively few effects of any (and I took 1/5 of a .25”x.25” tab bc I couldn’t cut it any smaller). I meant to pay attention to my behaviors the next few hours but I completely forgot I even took it until the next day. I’ll have to try it either today or in a couple days so I can determine if the amount I took was really alright for me.

Heroic doses 30+ years ago were my thing. Now it takes verrrrrry little acid, and more suggestion to get me there.
But what I notice most, besides energy and lateral thinking, is my temper is much improved.

Been MD’ing for about a year and a bit, and just don’t yell anymore. Arguments feel like actual calm discussions, and I’m cool with whatever outcome.
It;s almost like the ego dissolution is more profound in personality effects when spread over a course of MD’ing, as opposed to our beloved hero doses.

But different; more in things like patience and empathy. Because those effects are there without the visuals and headspace of a full dose, I find I can work thru real problems and almost “watch” myself navigate the daily challenges, as opposed to be driving thru them, first person.

I like both, but I am much healthier emotionally now following this course of small and micro doses. But I do agree with TripSitterNZ, that large doses can permanently open these gates. Indeed one could be all a particular individual ever needs. I myself have some past traumas, so continue to explore and still keep learning.

Hopefully Pupnik will chime in; another fellow MD-er.
Thank you for replying! Your comment was very helpful. I recently did a trip (2-3 tabs) once a week for the last three weeks and the acid has been hitting way differently and very intensely. I honestly thought my tolerance would sky rocket as people say it does when you trip every week but the trips have been more physically incapacitating with intense visuals, and I noticed that even after taking the first tab my sensations/perceptions are heightened. I like doing big trips but I’m starting to notice I want to do large doses more often than I would suggest for myself. I did one microdose a few days ago and the results are mentioned above in the message toward OP: perpetualdawn. I do want to continue microdosing to see the effects and so far with 1/5 of a small tab I didn’t have any visuals and could drive fine.

This conforms with my experiences so far. I used to be highly creative, but haven't been for about twenty years. Microdosing has been enhancing my wit and creativity, but pathetically so far. I hope and suspect that it's pathetic just because those cognitive pathways are rusty and will improve with practice.

The impatience and irritability are a real drag, though. They're attributes that used to be pretty pronounced in my personality that haven't been problematic in probably two decades, as well. Prior to microdosing, my last experience with lysergamides was with AL-LAD over four years ago. I found that it made me hypercritical of myself and others during the experience and for two days afterword. I strongly disliked that and never took it again. I think this may be related.

On one day, I took six fresh, green morning glory seeds instead of my usual microdose. I found that I experienced emotional uplift, but no energy, irritability, or creativity--at least not noticeably. I was pretty preoccupied that day, though, so I'll have to repeat it. In my experiences with plant based lysergamides, I don't ever recall feeling hyperanalytical, though
Thank you! Your response was really insightful, I’ll definitely keep it in mind!

I’ve never heard that before but I’ll try to pay attention to that when I microdose!

I think Steve Jobs might have microdosed. It was well known that he had a strong passion and love for LSD which was fundamental in his journey through life and b conception and creation of his legendary empire.

But when this news filtered through to the world after his death I believe the whole concept of microdosing with psychedelics was barely known at the time so it's possible that he was actually microdosing but this information never quite made it to the fore at the time.

Either way, micro, macro, it worked for him. That's a point I keep forgetting I did buy a brand new iPod touch last week I haven't even opened it yet but something to look forward to, to help me get back into my music more lately.

Last edited:
I find 10-15ug to be too much and am definitely tripping at that dosage. I've kind of settled in on 3-5ug as my go-to, but I know it's different for everyone.
I got my 69 yr old mum on board with the whole microdosing concept recently.

She was going to start with 10ug in Vodka, but she decided on 7.5ug instead.

And very thankfully as well because she got a really unexpected powerful effect from the 7.5 ug which she didn't enjoy it at all and really turned her world upside down for a few days but turned out to be a revelation and a godsend in many ways really waking her up in ways that she didn't realise she needed waking up after so long having lost sight of everything.

She took half a microdot 8 times many decades back before I was born (I'm 39 male btw, born and bred in England). Which would have been 125-150 ug almost surely.

But 7.5 ug was way too much to be a microdose and she wasn't prepared for it.

3 days later she tried 1ug after she suddenly felt the most remarkable improvement in her frame of mind and outlook all of a sudden from the first microdose of 7.5ug.

Even the 1 ug still produced immediate effects just not as intense or long lived as 7.5ug. But she did not like the effects or the experience at the time.

She has not microdosed since and she has no plans to because she did not like the uncomfortable side effects of the experience at the time but neither her nor myself feel that she actually needs it again she just needed a Jolt to her consciousness to wake her up and now now the transformation and and beneficial outcome from the experience will automatically unfold over time.

I observed in my teens after my first experience with some really serious LSD trips I'm talking some proper other world shit for the first time ever like totally mind-blowing, surreal, full on, movie-like fantasy land, in 1998 New Year's Eve.

I can't even begin to describe what those trips were like I took two to about 9 hours apart and I only took the second one because I suddenly realised for the first time since I took the first one that I was going to come back to myself again and that things were actually ok in the world and that normal life was going to continue for me.

I was not having a bad trip at all but the experience was so profoundly intense andb unsettling because of the world it launched me into such intensity, I needed assurance that things would be normal again one day. I was taking nothing for granted and making no such assumptions at that time, i.e. that I was not going to be fucked forever.

As soon as I felt that I was going to get away with it (having taken the first tab I mean after all), I said to my cousin who was with me at this New Year's Eve rave "James. If I take another one now, will I go mad?"

Cousin James laughed and said no of course you won't so I then said to him "can you get it out for me then because I can't see anything?"

I had a coat with a large zip pocket on the front by the belly it was a big pocket and I had my weed and stuff in there the acid tabs I bought 7 for £21 and they were in a black film canister in the big main pocket.

I was so hammered from this acid that not only was I unable to to administer a second trip for myself I was not even able to find the Black film canister in the large single pocket on the front of my coat.

James got me a tab out of the film canister and I can tell you there is no way on earth I ever would have been capable of taking another tab by myself at that time.

When I took the second tab the first had only just started to level out of the most intense peak I believe I've ever had to this day. I immediately came up very heavily on the second tab and things went to a whole other level the rest of that New Year's Day was totally crazy I was like 2 or 3 times as cained from the redose.

This was real, proper, truly mindbending LSD. I've no idea what makes some trips so much better than others but I don't believe I've ever had stuff quite like that since.

I can only guess at the micrograms but I would say 250 minimum but this was more about quality than quantity as well.

The point I'm making here is that re dosing absolutely worked. On these "Cyborg" blotters, things were stretching out like mad like the road markings on the way home would stretch out to be like 40 ft long as the car drove over them.

Everything was morphing and bending and stretching and swirling and melting.

Sorry I lost my point. The point was that after this trip which was the most profound experience of my life at the time as an 18-year old, I experienced enormous change and development in my mind and personality and psyche over the following six months in particular as the benefits unfolded and the integration took place.

I don't think enough people realise this about tripping how how every time you have a significant trip it will be affecting you and your life if and your development for much time to come.

And this is probably where more can be less when it comes to tripping frequency because if you continue to trip when you don't need to because the lessons you are integrating need time to process and adding too much more on top is taking away your focus and energy from completing that work, to peel back another layer and pave the way for new healing and release.

So back to my mum, she is going through a lot of change right now she has been having a major life crisis and we have had the most incredibly difficult home life and relationship of late due to the stress of my long-term illness and my mum has had many problems to deal with recently as well.

She has already had a very transformative experience with just 2 microdoses, there is still so much integration to be done. But also it's a bit like a building site where the work has been done but there is work to be completed elsewhere before for the new houses are occupied while things are dusted off in preparation before the residents arrive.

Last edited:
Either way, micro, macro, it worked for him. That's a point I keep forgetting I did buy a brand new iPod touch last week I haven't even opened it yet but something to look forward to, to help me get back into my music more lately.
iPod Touch? Do you still live in 2010? ;)
Why not put everything on your phone? You have it always on you and it's just as useful for music etc...

iPod Touch? Do you still live in 2010? ;)
Why not put everything on your phone? You have it always on you and it's just as useful for music etc...
Well I dont have an iphone or a smart phone. I have only ever had basic Nokia mobiles never even a contract phone and nothing which does internet or anything flashy.

I have never wanted an iPhone or or a smartphone of any type I just want a basic mobile for making and receiving calls that's all and nothing with a binding contract either.

I am perfectly happy to have a separate iPod purely for music and internet purposes at home. More than anything I will be connecting the iPod to my stereo and even if I did have an iPhone I think it would really bug me personally to have my phone line and social life connected to my my music playing device.

This would cause me mega anxiety because I like to detach my phoneline and that side of my life from my thoughts and sight at times. It is really important for me actually I realise now that my music playing device has absolutely no connotations or connections to social life or other communications and contacts etc.

Keeping my music separate from all of that really helps with my anxiety condition.

I use a Samsung tablet for browsing etc. I never actually got around to hooking up to my stereo but that would not be ideal anyway because I like to have tablet access and services on hand to go wherever at any time, rather than being tied up and connected to the stereo, via a particular app or channel which would need to be exited if I wanted to check an email or something.

But besides, is it so mad to want an ipod? Only £150 32 GB. I have been saying to my mum for several years that I was going to get one but just never did get round to it it's one of those things that ultimately I really wanted to do deep down for my happiness and felt like a perfectly right decision to make so I'm really optimistic about it I just need to get it set up and running now I always put these technical things off out of dread because I'm somewhat mentally handicapped with their stuff even if it's the most straightforward thing in the world it causes me such anxiety and confusion due to Cognitive impairments and an optic nerve injury.

So I always wait until I have a little more energy before or tackling things which can be forever at times, but not this time because I am excited to have an ipod again at last (4th gen died 2015 I think.)

Last edited:
Sorry for going way off-topic.

Hey, whatever you like man :D
I understand why you got it, legit good reasons, I just didn't even know they existed anymore, I got the first generation back in 2008.

I've been microdosing for more than a year, but not super consistently. And I would actually recommend not insisting on a perfectly strict schedule, but skipping half a week whenever the heart starts feeling weird, or when some tolerance or side-effects (i.e. getting too antsy) are creeping in. Any weird heart load seems to be diminished at the next dose, so personally I bet this strategy guarantees safety, and maintains effectiveness.

Sorry for going way off-topic.

Hey, whatever you like man :D
I understand why you got it, legit good reasons, I just didn't even know they existed anymore, I got the first generation back in 2008.
Yeah they have been refreshed over the years, I could picture in my mind what I assumed you a picture in yourself when I said iPod like those old cheapy looking outdated devices.

6th generation now. Apart from not making phone calls the device is more or less like an iPhone phone. I know I will be really pleased when I have it set up and organised.