• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD in the oven

I'm pretty sure heat/cooking would deff kill the psychoactive properties of shrooms @AutoTripper . There is a reason I keep my Tryptamine Collection in the freezer safe, my Phenethylamines are just in a lockbox in the drawer. Slice of 2C-B and Pepperoni, now we're talking my friends...this thread is making me hungry 😋
I would have assumed so naturally. I’ve never given it thought until then, not having taken shrooms for 16 years.

So I was going by the fact that British Liberty caps have long been cooked into a brew, as we always did ourselves. No effects appeared to be lost, that medicinal taste. The heat didn’t stop the trip like it unquestionably would if you dropped a strip in hot water for long enough.

So I’m not disputing you, but we and our ancestors I imagine cooked those Liberty Caps so it’s very different to say, for crazy random example- putting LSD on Pizza then heating it to destroy the acid.

I bet you a lot of money actually, you could cook a good portion of psilocybin mushrooms on a pizza, and still trip hard.

My prediction for a 10 strip cooked on the pizza would be no effects at all.

Now that would be an interesting experiment, run side by side.

Trolls are so weak anyway, if and when they do appear. They’re like vampires who can’t take the light. Analogous to bullies, they are afraid. Like spiders of us, not the other way round. They can’t take the light.

And anyway, all we do here is share our minds, thoughts, experiences so most discussions are purposeful regardless of the intent fuelling it originally.

That’s how I feel about trolls. No feeling. Like, a crap TV program which can’t hold my attention, or forge a memory.

We’ve had shroom lasagna it was crazy. Shroom and hash cake, too!
P‘s melting point is around 185 C, so that’s why it works in teas and other goodies.

I had mushroom pizza once. We cooked a frozen pizza and put the shrooms on it afterwards. Tripped balls. But it wouldn't work for LSD.

Oh I think I could be more imaginative than a doughnut lol. A number of roads lead to Rome.

Why did your story change? Started off with you asking about making brownies, then went to pizza, then the whole thing became your fear that acid would be put on your pizza for no apparent reason. I suspect you were asking a question to which you already knew the answer. Regardless, this may help you or someone else reading through this thread… from TiHKAL by Alexander and Ann Shulgin:

“LSD is an unusually fragile molecule and some comments are in order as to its stability and storage. As a salt, in water, cold, and free from air and light exposure, it is stable indefinitely. There are two sensitive aspects of its structure. The position of the carboxamide attachment, the 8-position, is affected by basic, or high pH, conditions. Through a process called epimerization, this position can scramble, producing isolysergic acid diethylamide, or iso-LSD. This product is biologically inactive, and represents a loss of a proportionate amount of active product. A second and separate point of instability is the double bond that lies between this 8-position and the aromatic ring. Water or alcohol can add to this site, especially in the presence of light (sunlight with its ultraviolet energy is notoriously bad) to form a product that has been called lumi-LSD, which is totally inactive in man. Oh yes, and often overlooked, there may be only an infinitesimal amount of chlorine in treated tap water, but then there is only an infinitesimal amount of LSD in a typical LSD solution. And since chlorine will destroy LSD on contact, the dissolving of LSD in tap water is not appropriate.”